John Wick (Digital Mini SteelBook) (SDCC 2018 Exclusive) [USA]

Apr 19, 2016
Release Date: July 19, 2018 SDCC Exclusive Give-Away.
Price: Free

Lionsgate and SteelBook have teamed up to create the first-ever digital movie SteelBook for John Wick.

You’ll be able to pick yours up at Lionsgate Booth #3635 during San Diego Comic-Con – for free.

Lionsgate and SteelBook Teaming Up for Free Giveaway at San Diego Comic-Con

1565640021334.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No way a group buy is going to happen - I don't forsee a member here walking up to the booth and getting 20 copies of this. No way, no how

Nice to see some originality in the steelbook game.
First exclusive for a while and the card is definitely a breath of fresh air.
More of this (but not this) please

It’s cool idea and very nice steel case. For a freebie to the lucky ones at the con, this is great. Personally not something I would be interested in being digital only. Nor do I ever in the foreseeable future hope this kind becomes the norm over physical! :ohno:

Honestly, I feel like it's a poor excuse to try and force downloads on collectors and slowly phase out discs... the only reason I'd ever go digital is if I didn't have the shelf space for physical copies, and this idea obviously defeats that purpose lol.

In this instance, the fact that they are giving it away free and its for John Wick is more so trying to get more people to get on the John Wick train. I know from another friend heavy in licensing that Lionsgate has been big on John Wick, so if you ask me this is a great way to push the John Wick brand further to new fans. And at SDCC lots of promo stuff happens all the time every year.

Way more money to be made once a property catches on for licensing stuff. Toys, digital content, etc. Like John Wick in fortnite .... not sure if that was legally licensed? I would assume so as they didnt pull a fast one with the thanos.

@Wreck is a Steelbook Mini physically different from say a Nintendo DS Steelbook, aside from the plastic holding innards?

In this instance, the fact that they are giving it away free and its for John Wick is more so trying to get more people to get on the John Wick train. I know from another friend heavy in licensing that Lionsgate has been big on John Wick, so if you ask me this is a great way to push the John Wick brand further to new fans. And at SDCC lots of promo stuff happens all the time every year.

Way more money to be made once a property catches on for licensing stuff. Toys, digital content, etc. Like John Wick in fortnite .... not sure if that was legally licensed? I would assume so as they didnt pull a fast one with the thanos.
I may have reacted before properly reading all the info... didn't realise this would be a freebie! In which case, it's definitely a nice little bonus for those attending SDCC. :thumbs:

Also, just to say... I love the look of it, but it's just the idea (of selling them at least) I'm not a fan of.

I have mix reaction with this... Digital download in the form of our beloved steelbook case..
Our "beloved steelbook case" has other uses too …
… with the manufacturer now branching out into the beauty business w/ cosmetics steelbook packaging … smoking out of fashion nowadays but I can picture some cool modern designs updating those stylish silver / gold / Cloisonné cigarette cases of yesteryear.

Scanavo cosmetics steelbooks … and, no, not making a sexist crack but buying a cosmetics steelbook for the gf will be unlikely to make her accept better the film steelbook:-

1531234214573.png
1531234520713.png
1531234582764.png

• Informative
Reactions: K.i.T