Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: December 5, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $24.99 $22.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6123403_sa-jpg-maxheight-1000-maxwidth-1000-jpg.340162

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, but VERY similar to Zavvi's standard display, except this one is horizontal/landscape.

Zavvi's

View attachment 347238

This one is supposed to be an exact depiction of the game board shown in the movie not a rehash of zavvis old design.

Zavvis was based off the game board also but the image was changed to accommodate the orientation of the steelbook case.

New release is superior imo as it is right out of the movie

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316 and dfoles
Proper orientation + much better embossing on this release + 4k, I'm thinking this is the one to have.

I didn’t think the original steel would be beat but it always annoyed me the middle part was blank.
This looks so much better

• Thanks
Reactions: MGD
The same reason that Lawrence of Arabia is better 2.35:1 than it is 1.33:1
Some things need the widescreen.
It feels more appropriately like the game box than the Zavvi version.

Its a little different talking about the AR of a film rather than the horizontal vs vertical of a steelbook. Majority of people don't like horizontal steelbooks including myself.

Its a little different talking about the AR of a film rather than the horizontal vs vertical of a steelbook. Majority of people don't like horizontal steelbooks including myself.
It's made to look like a board game box which is ....HORIZONTAL.
This is one of the times where it makes perfect sense.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Same, but i think its do to their new promotion. I placed my order for store pickup. Details about new promotion here

So basically we will get a code for ordering this right now in an email that we can use in Jan for anything during that promotion peroid? Is that how I read it?

So basically we will get a code for ordering this right now in an email that we can use in Jan for anything during that promotion peroid? Is that how I read it?
Correct, they start mailing out 1/14/18 and can be used until 2/3/18. It doesn't mention it when you complete your order, i guess you just have to trust it. But i think it will be all good, might just screenshot it to be safe.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu-steel