Jumanji3.jpg Jumanji4.jpg Jumanji5.jpg

Just posted up by HMV on Facebook -

Update 1st December - It's the original Jumanji :D
Jumanji2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and cooey
It’s kept behind the tills but front of j card top on front was English. Like said wasn’t there to see wrapping taken off so not 100% sure but def wasn’t the old release. Plus if was foreign copy they won’t take as has to be this region or region free
Front of the Jcard is in English it says steelbook edition it's only the back of the jcard that is in different language relevant to each country and is a region free release all countries

UK release has age ratings on front of the Jcard

If it was the HMV Steelbook you saw last week in CEX then it can only be one of few options
1) Promo Copy given to someone by distributor
2) Stock from warehouse given to staff or possible stolen from warehouse

It can't be a copy purchased by HMV customer as they only started shipping this week

Last edited:
Release from Italy title on Jcard is in English it's only the back of the jcard that is in italian and very likely this is region free release

If it was the HMV Steelbook you saw last week in CEX then it can only be one of few options
1) Promo Copy given to someone by distributor
2) Stock from warehouse given to staff or possible stolen from warehouse

It can't be a copy purchased by HMV customer as they only started shipping this week
Fair Enough. In all fairness I never said it was purchased by a customer just asked how can it be in store if not released yet. I would prob go with the stolen option tbh as seems more likely seeing as demanded is bit higher for exclusives surely

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
It’s kept behind the tills but front of j card top on front was English. Like said wasn’t there to see wrapping taken off so not 100% sure but def wasn’t the old release. Plus if was foreign copy they won’t take as has to be this region or region free
I've seen 'foreign' blu rays in CEX. As long as they are region B or 'free'.

Maybe as Paul said, somebody got their hands on a stolen copy?

Could CEX price something above normal RRP then? In this case they were selling something at £22 worth only £15 which hadn't even been released yet.

I thought they scan/enter the items into their database to find the recommended pricing?

Could CEX price something above normal RRP then? In this case they were selling something at £22 worth only £15 which hadn't even been released yet.

I thought they scan/enter the items into their database to find the recommended pricing?
They have sold a lot of stuff above most shops prices. Is £14.99 the rrp tho

but front of j card top on front was English

Probably one of these . . . all of which have been out for about a month:-
upload_2018-1-14_0-50-55.png
upload_2018-1-14_1-0-20.png
upload_2018-1-14_1-12-30.png
upload_2018-1-14_1-15-23.png
upload_2018-1-14_1-17-20.png

As we all know here both steelbooks quite different despite the similarities in artwork:-
HZtluDc.jpg

Wouldn't have minded this time around a ZATHURA / JUMANJI 2 disc Blu-ray set or the new JUMANJI steelbook plus a similar style steelbook for ZATHURA:-
s-l500.jpg
upload_2018-1-14_1-6-38.png

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
It certainly looked like the new one as I have the zavvi version and it wasn’t that. The guy said it had been brought in that morning and the guy had taken the cellophane off in the store so hasn’t been watched
Well, that would immediately arouse my suspicion, even if they claimed it was an unwanted present...
Sadly I wasn’t stood in store to see what was on the cellophane but seems little odd if it’s not new for it to still be wrapped
Indeed, as per my comment above!
Yes, but if it hasn't been released yet then it wouldn't be in their database yet! In which case, the guy in the store probably went by the version that was in their database i.e. the old Zavvi release, as the description would be the same. I've never known them to quote the exclusive retailer in their descriptions, just the title of the film followed by "Steelbook Edition" (and they never even used to distinguish between Steelbook and Amaray editions at one point, as many Ninja's reported picking up some fantastic deals back in the day!)
They have sold a lot of stuff above most shops prices. Is £14.99 the rrp tho
Yes - just check the link in the OP.

Not too shabby if you've got lots of vouchers to spend. It could be anything knowing CeX, definitely worth the gamble though. Once I bought a UK released Blu-ray from them it turned out to be the US version. I've sold plenty of sealed Steelbooks to them in the past when offloading some of my collection as they're not too bad when it comes to exchange rates, they're also nice and quick. :)

Anyone received theirs yet?
As I said in a previous post, this is my first hmv order and it's already 2 days past release date. Not a great start :rolleyes:

I found this today and bought it in my local HMV. Not one of favourite films but the Steelbooked look nice.

Out of the wrapper, stickers and security tape this is one of the most clever, visually stunning Steelbooks I have seen.

Well worth adding to your collection.