Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive No.64) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: April 4, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - One Click (Pre-order March 16, at 2 PM - Korea Time)
Price: $40.99
Note: Print Run (Full Slip 650 - Lenticular O-ring 750 - One Click 150)
Group Buy: Hosted by Cooey One Click - Full Slip - Lenti

28782691_2248737638686774_9133427549001482240_n.jpg 28783377_2248737685353436_3807854267318927360_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: D3mon and Dano
You still have the choice of a 4K steelbook for this movie though.

The 3D was only included with this edition and, I believe, Spain's edition. This just happened to be the premium one..
Yeah I know. I pre-ordered it a while ago. Spain will have a 3D edition and a 4K one, different steelbook fronts I believe.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
adding 4k everytime will just increase price. FA have about a $10-15 premium when adding 4k. Im sure many of us dont want to see those increases everywhere and will gladly purchase 4k elsewhere if they really want to.
Well, let's take this as an example. They gave two options, couldn't they have added a 4K to one of them? Not necessarily to both of them. Ah wait, I hear what you're going to type next... but then a potential client that wants both doesn't want to purchase both because one will be more expensive than s/he needs it to be. Right? Well ok, how about we have these premium retailers include DVDs and only DVDs because they're even cheaper than BD or 3D BD, let's bring those costs down. Let's face it, DVD market is still pretty big, they'd probably still sell out. But I don't think anyone is really pushing for that kind of savings, not at the price of giving up BD quality, right?

Well, let's take this as an example. They gave two options, couldn't they have added a 4K to one of them? Not necessarily to both of them. Ah wait, I hear what you're going to type next... but then a potential client that wants both doesn't want to purchase both because one will be more expensive than s/he needs it to be. Right? Well ok, how about we have these premium retailers include DVDs and only DVDs because they're even cheaper than BD or 3D BD, let's bring those costs down. Let's face it, DVD market is still pretty big, they'd probably still sell out. But I don't think anyone is really pushing for that kind of savings, not at the price of giving up BD quality, right?
I dont think comparing a dying format as DVD to a up and coming format of 4k is the same really. If they want to add it as an optional upgrade like FA and blufans have done then that is fine but i think the majority would rather save the increase cost for just the bluray at this point.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
I dont think comparing a dying format as DVD to a up and coming format of 4k is the same really. If they want to add it as an optional upgrade like FA and blufans have done then that is fine but i think the majority would rather save the increase cost for just the bluray at this point.
I wasn't comparing DVD with 4K, if anything I was comparing DVD with 3D. But I wasn't really. I was just stating if you're using "no 4K" as a reason to keep costs down, well we could also have just BD releases, or go back to DVDs or even empty boxes. All those are cheaper than 4K surely, and probably cheaper than 3D while we're at it. I get it, you like 3D, a lot of 3D fans in the forum, I'm totally fine with that, that's why I suggested 4K be included in only one or two of the editions, not necessarily all of them.

I wasn't comparing DVD with 4K, if anything I was comparing DVD with 3D. But I wasn't really. I was just stating if you're using "no 4K" as a reason to keep costs down, well we could also have just BD releases, or go back to DVDs or even empty boxes. All those are cheaper than 4K surely, and probably cheaper than 3D while we're at it. I get it, you like 3D, a lot of 3D fans in the forum, I'm totally fine with that, that's why I suggested 4K be included in only one or two of the editions, not necessarily all of them.
I actually dont care about the 3d disk either since i dont ever use any of the disks from premium releases. They could ditch that as well. If they throw in the 3d or 4k disc for free or extra buck that is fine. I just dont want to see prices skyrocket over added discs that many never use.

• Thanks
I see your point if you don't unwrap. Have premium retailers ever sold empty editions as a regular thing?

I actually dont care about the 3d disk either since i dont ever use any of the disks from premium releases. They could ditch that as well. If they throw in the 3d or 4k disc for free or extra buck that is fine. I just dont want to see prices skyrocket over added discs that many never use.
Or you could save costs by actually opening up the premiums to watch the discs instead of wasting your money buying non premium or amaray copies of the same movies.

I see your point if you don't unwrap. Have premium retailers ever sold empty editions as a regular thing?

Premium market no but some releases do have the steel empty and send the amaray copy with it. BB used to do a free steelbook with deposit back in the day as well and you never had to actually pick up the movie when it came it. So you could get a steel only for $8 basically.

Or you could save costs by actually opening up the premiums to watch the discs instead of wasting your money buying non premium or amaray copies of the same movies.
Sure but I often will be buying the BB copy already which is my normal watching copy.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Is the steelbook in this gloss finish, based on pictures from @moon (or maybe he just takes such great pictures it makes matt look like gloss!!)? I got the US one which was a dull matt finish...

Just finished watching this. Fun movie and I'd likely rewatch it again sometime too. Lenti looks awesome and would be my pick. However, higher priorities at the moment ;):thumbs: