Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Sunrise Records Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: March 20th, 2018
Purchase link: In store only - (product info link)
Price: $39.99 CDN

01.jpg

jungle.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited:
@Drum18 @tridon @kaw @AlienKing @djprodikis @bonakaze @SavageAmusement

Only 6 available in my local Sunrise. $39.99 No exclusive sticker.

View attachment 365176
I'm just about to go pick up my copy. We'll see if it's mint :ohno:

It must be the 4K jacking up the price. That and Sunrise is definitely not cheap.
And the small quantities they get definitely doesn't help. May be if they start ordering 15-20 per store may be we'll get a price reduction? Especially for a film like this big. This is the first film since Avatar to be in theaters on the day of the the home release. Which is freakin' huge feat to pull off.

My store only got 6 in this morning.

Be sure to check the spine, 3 of them were so painfully off center that some of the title was cut off. Anyone else find this?

Ouch... $39.99+tx is hard to understand... but we've seen worse ($44.99+tx)... Also only 6 at my local store.
Matte finish, but still, does the job. Can't wait to Watch the movie as it's a blind buy.

Img_3487.jpg Img_3488.jpg Img_3489.jpg
Img_3490.jpg Img_3491.jpg Img_3492.jpg
Img_3493.jpg Img_3494.jpg Img_3495.jpg

@kaw
I don't seem to have your issue? Both copies I have are the same like this...?

@kaw
I don't seem to have your issue? Both copies I have are the same like this...?

Oh good. Yeah the copies I saw looked something like this:

( Quickly photoshopped your photo)
Img_3492x.jpg

Not exaggerating. it was that bad. I had put one on hold and it was one like that... I kindly told the guy working there that I was going to switch it for a different one. haha

Should have taken a real photo... but oh well.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
My store didnt get any copies yet. They said a few stores didnt get their copies yet :( I still have mine reserved though. Just waiting for their call.

Mine hasn’t a tiny scratch on the bottom back but never noticed issues with the spine but I’ll have to double check now but when it’s limited to most 6 it’s hard to actually get a replacement or exchange but ya the price ouch. No sticker and wish this was glossy.

I'm just about to go pick up my copy. We'll see if it's mint :ohno:

And the small quantities they get definitely doesn't help. May be if they start ordering 15-20 per store may be we'll get a price reduction? Especially for a film like this big. This is the first film since Avatar to be in theaters on the day of the the home release. Which is freakin' huge feat to pull off.

Perhaps they are learning from the mistakes of other retailers of not ordering tons of copies and having them sit there forever, having to discount when they don't move. Not a good business practice. Last thing we need is for Sunrise to go under since Best Buy Canada seems to be going the way of the dodo when it comes to exclusives and such. Maybe 10 copies per store might be a little more ideal, but 20 might be high for smaller markets.

Just my two cents worth.

So I'm guessing then that any steelbook exclusives at Sunrise would have a low print run in Canada compared to what Best Buy would usually have.

How many Sunrise stores are there? About a hundred?
With 6 to 10 steelbooks at most per store...600 to 1000 total? If even that many?

EDIT:

I just counted the locations listed on the website. There are 80 locations listed across Canada.
So possibly less than 500 copies Canada wide.

Last edited:
So I'm guessing then that any steelbook exclusives at Sunrise would have a low print run in Canada compared to what Best Buy would usually have.

How many Sunrise stores are there? About a hundred?
With 6 to 10 steelbooks at most per store...600 to 1000 total? If even that many?

EDIT:

I just counted the locations listed on the website. There are 80 locations listed across Canada.
So possibly less than 500 copies Canada wide.
They told me on Facebook that it’s up to the studio as to how many copy’s and if it’s 4k or not

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Perhaps they are learning from the mistakes of other retailers of not ordering tons of copies and having them sit there forever, having to discount when they don't move. Not a good business practice. Last thing we need is for Sunrise to go under since Best Buy Canada seems to be going the way of the dodo when it comes to exclusives and such. Maybe 10 copies per store might be a little more ideal, but 20 might be high for smaller markets.

Just my two cents worth.
I agree that would be a bad business practice. But consider this. There are 81 stores across Canada. I'm not saying every store should have 20 copies for every exclusive. Of course not, but first, think about the stores that get more customers compared to other stores. They have the potential to sell more. For example, my store, which was getting 6 copies, sold out when i tried to preorder. So i don't think I'm exaggerating when i say they could've sold out 10 copies before it even hit the shelves. On the release day, is it wrong to have 4-5 copies in stock for people who don't preorder or just want to come into the store and buy? So for a store that big, ordering 15 copies in total would be fair. Now there is another Sunrise store a little further from me, which i dont think will be able to sell even 10. I asked them and they are only getting 4 copies of this steelbook. Although I think that's fair, I'm pretty sure they could push 6-8 copies. That store is literally half compared to the store near me.

Secondly consider, how big the movie is. It's almost a guaranteed sell out. Movies that do well at the box office are a guaranteed sellout. I can understand if it was Blade Runner 2049. It flopped at the box office. It'd be understandable even if they didnt pick up an exclusive.

I agree that would be a bad business practice. But consider this. There are 81 stores across Canada. I'm not saying every store should have 20 copies for every exclusive. Of course not, but first, think about the stores that get more customers compared to other stores. They have the potential to sell more. For example, my store, which was getting 6 copies, sold out when i tried to preorder. So i don't think I'm exaggerating when i say they could've sold out 10 copies before it even hit the shelves. On the release day, is it wrong to have 4-5 copies in stock for people who don't preorder or just want to come into the store and buy? So for a store that big, ordering 15 copies in total would be fair. Now there is another Sunrise store a little further from me, which i dont think will be able to sell even 10. I asked them and they are only getting 4 copies of this steelbook. Although I think that's fair, I'm pretty sure they could push 6-8 copies. That store is literally half compared to the store near me.

Secondly consider, how big the movie is. It's almost a guaranteed sell out. Movies that do well at the box office are a guaranteed sellout. I can understand if it was Blade Runner 2049. It flopped at the box office. It'd be understandable even if they didnt pick up an exclusive.
Remember that most of the time, stores order/choose their exclusive PRIOR to theater release... so it's pretty much a gamble...

Also, allocations are normally set by the distributor, not the store...

Remember that most of the time, stores order/choose their exclusive PRIOR to theater release... so it's pretty much a gamble...

Also, allocations are normally set by the distributor, not the store...
True, indeed it's a gamble. But for titles such as this can they not take that gamble?
Also, can't Sunrise ask for more copies if they wanted? I guess unless of course the distributor is also sold out.

Be sure to check the spine, 3 of them were so painfully off center that some of the title was cut off. Anyone else find this?
Picked up mine today & the spine is okay...thank the steelbook gods :LOL:. I couldn't check others because they were already gone.

They received only 1-2 copies. These have already been sold, although I was the first to have reserved. They are trying to transfer a copy from an another store.
That's unfair. They sold a copy that they had it reserved? My be an employee took it for themselves or helped out a friend...