UK
Release date: June 25th, 2015
Purchase link: Jupiter Ascending
Price: EUR 29.99

91rnz4X+RAL._SL1500_.jpg

91cgRZB+47L._SL1500_.jpg

91uyb4x+BwL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
@Actarus you mean you have seen those pics and you still haven't ordered it? :facepalm:

basil :thumbs:

same here

lol just saw those pics today when I woke up...

pre-ordered a while back, cancelled and re ordered now :rolleyes: ... but was waiting for a price drop as it is quite expensive,
but better that, than them going OOS as it is the only version for me that I find is the one.

@Basil just ordered it because of you !!! if in 2 months it's down to 20 euros => me and you will have a conversation :blackeye: (lol I'm just kidding :hilarious:)

I would have Love Taiwan, but stupid Warner for Asian, They started releasing only Futurepaks now, which this year I told myself no more.
Got a bunch last year and realizing this is not a product for me, the feel of it in hands doesn't feel nice, doesn't feel right to me even though quality on those
products have increased. Futurepaks I would only buy in extenuating circumstances now a days.

the film arena version was not made for 3d, they just added a disk holder on the left side of the steelbook glued and added the missing disk as it was only a blu-ray edition, and it doesn't have the 3D Logo on the FA Version... I like when I get a steel with 3D that it has the 3D Logo on the Steel itself, I am one of the few that likes it :p

What about the Czech Futurepack?

That surely was 3d from the outset? And I hear its full gloss

@JackRegan

the film arena version was not made for 3D, they just added(glued) a disk holder on the left side of the steelbook and added the missing 3D disk as it was only a blu-ray edition, and it doesn't have the 3D Logo on the FA Version Steelbook... I like when I get a steel with 3D, that it has the 3D Logo on the Steelbook itself, I am one of the few that likes it :p

...I would have Love Taiwan, but stupid Warner for Asia, They started releasing only Futurepaks now, which this year I told myself no more FuturePaks.
Got a bunch last year, and realizing this is not a product for me, the feel of it in hands doesn't feel nice, doesn't feel right to me even though quality on those products have increased. Futurepaks I would only buy in extenuating circumstances now a days.

@Actarus Yeah, I read that mate. And I know you basically won't buy Futurepacks unless there's no alternative. I just got Transporter btw, and it's a cracker actually :)

When you wrote about the FA one being cobbled together, I assumed you were referring to the Steelbook?

Whereas I was asking you about the Futurepack - that isn't exclusive to FA is it?

Oh no I can't stand futupaks no 'mo :facepalm:

for the steelbook I was only referring to the fact their steel was only the 2D version, they kept them and added a disk holder so they are sending steelbooks with both disks in the regular steel blu-ray(no 3D Logo) case (but film arena are great in regards to their steel finishes)

no correct it's WWA Futurepaks all the same :)

Oh no I can't stand futupaks no 'mo :facepalm:

for the steelbook I was only referring to the fact their steel was only the 2D version, they kept them and added a disk holder so they are sending steelbooks with both disks in the regular steel blu-ray(no 3D Logo) case (but film arena are great in regards to their steel finishes)

no correct it's WWA Futurepaks all the same :)

Oh, I know they're fussy about things. I also saw a Czech video of both the Steel and Futurepack th eother day, and actually the Steel looks like a proper factory job inside and out.

Close your ears now - I think it's the Futurepack for me; like that full gloss :)

Reactions: gaeljet
I'm gobsmacked with this steel! I'm not easy to impress when it comes to steelbooks, there's been too many lazy artworks, bad emboss decisions, dull colours and lack of gloss over the past year or two. They think they can plough out any old cr*p when it comes to art and quality and collectors will buy it (those awful abstract art steels for example). I was preparing for the Jupiter Steel to be another lazy job on dull metal, I could not have been more WRONG. It is beautiful. The spot-gloss areas bring out the colours and compliment the matt areas (which still have a thick coat of vibrant colour, no metal showing through). The debossing is done is such a way that it makes the entire steel feel really high end and quality, plus you get both 2D AND 3D discs (pay attention zavvi). I couldn't be more thrilled with it. My steelbook of the year so far without fail.

I'm gobsmacked with this steel! I'm not easy to impress when it comes to steelbooks, there's been too many lazy artworks, bad emboss decisions, dull colours and lack of gloss over the past year or two. They think they can plough out any old cr*p when it comes to art and quality and collectors will buy it (those awful abstract art steels for example). I was preparing for the Jupiter Steel to be another lazy job on dull metal, I could not have been more WRONG. It is beautiful. The spot-gloss areas bring out the colours and compliment the matt areas (which still have a thick coat of vibrant colour, no metal showing through). The debossing is done is such a way that it makes the entire steel feel really high end and quality, plus you get both 2D AND 3D discs (pay attention zavvi). I couldn't be more thrilled with it. My steelbook of the year so far without fail.

Thank you for your post, makes me feel better about me going for this steel as I was seeing it as the best version out there, but people stating that usually finishes are not that great, plus it wasn't cheap but I didn't want not to order, to wait for a price drop and they end up OOS. I am careful what I buy from Germany, little compared to others like Odd Thomas was only released as a steel in germany if I am not mistaken and The Signal what a stunning steelbook, plus can't wait to get my jupiter :)

Well finally decided to add this film/steelbook to my collection of Wachowskis brothers films (Still in 2 minds which to get this or Czech) and now just read about the strike. So do i wait or join the czech GB, usually I will try for a 3D clean steelbook but the 3D & 1/2 moon logo being debossed looks great.

Well finally decided to add this film/steelbook to my collection of Wachowskis brothers films (Still in 2 minds which to get this or Czech) and now just read about the strike. So do i wait or join the czech GB, usually I will try for a 3D clean steelbook but the 3D & 1/2 moon logo being debossed looks great.

well just so you are aware the czech on has a disc nipple stuck in on the left hand side to hold the disc, which i didn't like the look of think will come away in time bear in mind how some discs the force to take them out.
also in this case the 3d looks cool on the steel. and if you end up waiting a week or two extra will it make such a huge difference, it doesn't matter to me its the best steel imho.

all the best

well just so you are aware the czech on has a disc nipple stuck in on the left hand side to hold the disc, which i didn't like the look of think will come away in time bear in mind how some discs the force to take them out.
also in this case the 3d looks cool on the steel. and if you end up waiting a week or two extra will it make such a huge difference, it doesn't matter to me its the best steel imho.

all the best

Cheers, @Basil I've just checked the Czech version pics and I see the disc nipple. Easily decided now german it is. Yeah the german 3D logo on the front does look great the way it has been done. Any idea if this is an English disc or German to make sure i don't have to replace disc like I had with with Amazon.de Cloud Atlas steelbook.

Cheers, @Basil I've just checked the Czech version pics and I see the disc nipple. Easily decided now german it is. Yeah the german 3D logo on the front does look great the way it has been done. Any idea if this is an English disc or German to make sure i don't have to replace disc like I had with with Amazon.de Cloud Atlas steelbook.

cannot honestly say there was someone on this thread who had this in hand but didn't show a pic of the disc maybe worth you givening them a pm as a thought.
i just think will be a disc for europe with german logos myself as film was not that huge cost them alot more to produce several variants if you see where im coming from.