Release date: May 21, 2018
Purchase link: Zoom UK
Price: £25
Group Buy: Hosted by Cooey HERE

1.jpg

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Just unpacked mine with no regrets ... elegant group - admittedly not nearly as attractive as the previous UK set of three from Zavvi + one from HMV from a few years back - but still perfectly matched set of four is something I like to see ... as 25th Anniversary Editions the 4K discs are perfect additions.

If confirmed - the artwork for the new HMV exclusive FALLEN KINGDOM fully loaded steelbook @£29.99 - then these 4 from Zoom will be essential purchases for those favouring a matching set:-
upload_2018-6-8_13-50-10.png
+
upload_2018-6-8_13-44-0.png

Last edited:
After seeing the poor finish on these I am passing completely on them until they reach about £9.99 and buy them purely for the 4K disc.

Horrible finish!

I've actually spent the past month since these were released getting replacements from Zoom (three sets) before finally giving up and accepting a partial refund (after driving both myself and my fiancée crazy).

All of the JP/JW steelbooks I received had scratches on them underneath the J-card/cellophane, and some of them were in the same place when I got replacements - pointing to manufacturing defects I think? :(

The scratches aren't awful and are most visible under artificial light, but I'm just really disappointed that I couldn't secure unblemished copies and had to settle for a partial refund.

Not sure if I'm just unlucky or if anyone else noticed this with the Zoom Jurassic Park/World steelbooks?

I've actually spent the past month since these were released getting replacements from Zoom (three sets) before finally giving up and accepting a partial refund (after driving both myself and my fiancée crazy).

All of the JP/JW steelbooks I received had scratches on them underneath the J-card/cellophane, and some of them were in the same place when I got replacements - pointing to manufacturing defects I think? :(

The scratches aren't awful and are most visible under artificial light, but I'm just really disappointed that I couldn't secure unblemished copies and had to settle for a partial refund.

Not sure if I'm just unlucky or if anyone else noticed this with the Zoom Jurassic Park/World steelbooks?
I bought the whole set whilst on sale and mine were completely mint. I only bought them with the intention of keeping the 4K disks though and selling on the steels with just the regular BD's ;) In-hand these were really cheap, nasty looking steels and I wouldn't have been able to keep them anyway lol (only saving grace were the inside arts imo).

Thankfully was able to upgrade my (superior) FAC's to 4K and at a fraction of the price :D:cigar:

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k

Well you tried!! 3 sets lol I tried once, instead of small scratches under the wrapping all of mine were dented so if you take that into consideration then you got mint copies lol
Like mickle said, the important part is the discs, those steels, whether dented, scratched or mint aren't worth much. They could have been so much better had the studio wanted it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
I bought the whole set whilst on sale and mine were completely mint. I only bought them with the intention of keeping the 4K disks though and selling on the steels with just the regular BD's ;) In-hand these were really cheap, nasty looking steels and I wouldn't have been able to keep them anyway lol (only saving grace were the inside arts imo). Thankfully was able to upgrade my (superior) FAC's to 4K and at a fraction of the price :D:cigar:

I actually kinda like them (apart from the strange decision not to use the original logos) - but yeah, I'm gutted I couldn't secure myself mint copies. I've got some lovely steelbooks that must be about 10 years old and I don't particularly baby them (and they weren't expensive) and they're still in better condition than the JP/JW steels I ended up with. The only consolation is that, after the partial refund, I paid less for the four films than I would have done buying the standard Amarays. I've tired myself out being OCD about it anyway and I cba going backwards and forwards to the post office, constantly emailing/ringing Zoom etc.

Well you tried!! 3 sets lol I tried once, instead of small scratches under the wrapping all of mine were dented so if you take that into consideration then you got mint copies lol
Like mickle said, the important part is the discs, those steels, whether dented, scratched or mint aren't worth much. They could have been so much better had the studio wanted it.

You're right, I tried! Three sets is a bit ridiculous really though isn't it. Did you keep your dented copies or did you send them back for a refund?

You're right, I tried! Three sets is a bit ridiculous really though isn't it. Did you keep your dented copies or did you send them back for a refund?
I kept them, the only reason being I don't live in the UK and shipping them back would cost more than I want to throw at it, so I just kept them, they're in storage somewhere never to be seen again. I kept the discs in the collection.

I kept them, the only reason being I don't live in the UK and shipping them back would cost more than I want to throw at it, so I just kept them, they're in storage somewhere never to be seen again. I kept the discs in the collection.

Haha I love the idea of your house having an Indiana Jones style warehouse in the basement, packed with crates full of dented steelbooks never to be seen again! It's a shame that they all came dented, some of mine had a few miniscule dents but again these carried over from one replacement to the other in exactly the same place, pointing to a manufacturing issue.

Haha I love the idea of your house having an Indiana Jones style warehouse in the basement, packed with crates full of dented steelbooks never to be seen again! It's a shame that they all came dented, some of mine had a few miniscule dents but again these carried over from one replacement to the other in exactly the same place, pointing to a manufacturing issue.
Something like that yeah. Mine had several small/medium to huge dents each, most likely caused by substandard packaging practices, even though the package itself looked ok.

@AltMagOnline You could always be a bit naughty and order from HMV and swap them if they arrive in good condition.

https://store.hmv.com/search-results?searchtext=jurassic park steelbook&searchmode=allwords

Yeah I was thinking that, but apart from it being a bit naughty/unethical I'd have to spend another 100 quid on my card and I'm always wary of HMV's online store as you can't ring them if something goes wrong - customer support is email only.

I really wish Amazon UK got these in stock as their returns policy is excellent and ringing them with any problems is an absolute breeze. I never stress when I buy from Amazon.

I'd keep those practices to PM only.

Sorry, I think what I wrote came across wrong - I won't be buying from HMV and I just wish Amazon had got these originally rather than them being a Zoom exclusive, as I know securing undamaged copies would have been much easier. Ah well!