Release date: May 21, 2018
Purchase link: Zoom UK
Price: £25
Group Buy: Hosted by Cooey HERE

1.jpg

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh I see your dilemma as your in abit of a pickle with the replacement process. Honestly it wouldn’t be worth going through the stress and trouble as like you say there’s a good chance you will get a few more banana Steels :(. Also you would be without your JP 4K discs which would be the biggest blow! I think your rationalisation with getting the Germany / UK original Steels is a fantastic idea as it’s the path I took ;) and man on man the JP Steels are something else glossed and bossed to the nines and are a real beauty in hand which are easily candidates for one of the best Steels I have in my collection. I took your wave of thinking aswell and grabbed the US Amazon 4K set as it was the cheapest way I could acquire all 4 Jurassic 4K discs.
Seems to me like that's the best of both worlds, 4k discs with possibly the best steels available. If I can find some this would be my first choice as well, I haven't spent much time on it yet, but from what I can see it's not going to be real easy getting some. People seem to like them for some reason, maybe I can trade my black steels for them :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah the joys of being an early adopter aye. One of my friends has your exact setup and it’s a real beaut and bet JP 4K Blu will look awesome on it :thumbs: There’s no magic combo and like you say HDMI 2.1 is on the horizon but I’m very smitten with my setup as the Z9 is on top of the food chain when it comes to its HDR performance but the Z9F is on the horizon now so I’m sure that it will one up it and even though it will beyond my reach for sometime I will still want it lol. Anywho nice chatting mate, wish you all the best in hunting down replacement JP Steels on the second hand market to house your 4K discs.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Christ I bought the amarays for £62 and even I'm pissed about that, sucks if you actually bought the steelbooks

These films are definitely worth the 4K upgrade though, JP1 has never looked better and JW is demo disc quality :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
Christ I bought the amarays for £62 and even I'm pissed about that, sucks if you actually bought the steelbooks

These films are definitely worth the 4K upgrade though, JP1 has never looked better and JW is demo disc quality :thumbs:

Awesome to hear man my Amazon US 25th Aniv. 4K Boxset is due for delivery today so the anticipation is building immensely of spinning JP1 tonight. Not hearing good things unfortunately for #3 in PQ but sounds like from what your saying JW makes up for it tenfold :D As soon as it arrives I’m doing a disc swap and the 4K discs are going inside my original Zavvi JP Steels and HMV JW steel that way I have the best of both worlds :cool:

50 GBP is a steal of a steel!
It’s also a kick in the teeth to those that preordered 2 months ago. Heavily discounted basically a week after released is ridiculous. Live and learn. Will now think twice about preordering from Zoom again.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Awesome to hear man my Amazon US 25th Aniv. 4K Boxset is due for delivery today so the anticipation is building immensely of spinning JP1 tonight. Not hearing good things unfortunately for #3 in PQ but sounds like from what your saying JW makes up for it tenfold :D As soon as it arrives I’m doing a disc swap and the 4K discs are going inside my original Zavvi JP Steels and HMV JW steel that way I have the best of both worlds :cool:

JP3’s quality is good but not great. JP1 looks great, 2 looks awesome, and World looks phenominal in 4K HDR.

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
JP3’s quality is good but not great. JP1 looks great, 2 looks awesome, and World looks phenominal in 4K HDR.

JP is the best it has ever looked for sure and 2 one ups it with a better HDR grade so totally agree with your ratings so far which leaves hope that 3 is going to be good not as bad as I thought it would be from the limited feedback I’ve heard on it so far. Then there’s World which I can not wait to watch, OMG can’t wait :D

• Thanks
Reactions: thewoe
Thank you, Zoom ... the 4 posted yesterday ... here's hoping for a similar deal on the 5 MI steelbooks @60 quid approx.

Super deal almost makes up for the fact they've finally disabled the SIGNUP10 code ... great while it lasted and v. sad to see it go.

Last edited:
Thank you, Zoom ... the 4 posted yesterday ... here's hoping for a similar deal on the 5 MI steelbooks @60 quid approx.

Super deal almost makes up for the fact they've finally disabled the SIGNUP10 code ... great while it lasted and v. sad to see it go.
Code SIGNUP10 still works on other items. Just not on special offers.

Must've been from my batch. By any chance is it The Lost World that is undamaged? That would be too freaky a coincidence LOL

Horrible damage on them, but let me tell you it can get worse lol One of mine arrived like that, another quite a bit worse, and the worst one of all is clearly banana shaped :facepalm:
That's no consolation though. What are you going to do now that you've unwrapped them?