Jurassic World (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 19th, 2015
Purchase link: Jurassic World (UK shipping only)
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy Hosted by: Naughtius Maximus < Click

CIbD590WEAA8GGC.jpg

Last edited:
It does seem that JW is a bit of a Marmite movie. I really enjoyed it. I am going to probably pick this up in-store (unless FA or somewhere else do a better / cheaper version).

Back art should be Owen and the Raptors or the I-Rex and inside art it would be nice to have a full shot of the park.

As of June 28th
Box office $1.238 billion

Box office so far for 16 days :thumbs:
:woot: :OMG:

Made a bit of a profit :LOL: :rofl:

Comparison the first film from 1993 made a total box office of $1.03 billion

The Final Box Office figure for Jurassic Work will be interesting something tells me going be hard to beat

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: harry
As of June 28th

The Final Box Office figure for Jurassic Work will be interesting something tells me going be hard to beat

I am sure Star Wars will probably beat it, mainly due to the extreme hype. Even though its made more than the original the increased price of tickets and 3D ticket prices have obviously helped with this.

I think the global release date really helped it a hell of a lot though

I am sure Star Wars will probably beat it, mainly due to the extreme hype. Even though its made more than the original the increased price of tickets and 3D ticket prices have obviously helped with this.

I think the global release date really helped it a hell of a lot though
That's true in regards for the first film to a point and considering its budget and inflation

But the box office figure for Jurassic World is for only 16 days
The final figure will be lot more and could a crazy amount

Star Wars new film yes I expect that to be huge box office Hit based on its fan base and hype alone even if the film is not any good
If turns out to be a brilliant film then the box office will go mega mode

Back to the Steelbook for Jurassic World it's looks good and I expect the print run will be open based on demand

Agree, liked it a lot, if you go in knowing the blueprint that the series follows, if someone hates it, can't believe they like any of the first three....Great popcorn movie...

As someone who disliked Jurassic World (I originally said hated, but that's because the post I quoted said loved, and it looked better), i enjoyed the first one and parts of the second.

JW was, IMO, full of fairly stupid characters making stupid decisions. JP had likable characters, and let's be honest, the awe spectacle, whereas JW felt too much like a greatest hits compilation of the first 3. I also find it hard to related to the humans as most of them were accountable for the problem, and the I-Rex was just doing what carnivorous dinosaurs would do I imagine.

I don't like dinosaurs portrayed as bad guys, and to see it being ripped apart by the T-Rex before being eaten by the Mosasaur when it hadn't really done anything more than act on instinct (and it was created to be vicious) I found quite difficult. It's like watching a hunt, the humans put it in the situation, hunt it, kill it and celebrate their victory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, please use spoiler tags when discussing movie details as some folks haven't had the chance to see the movie yet.

Furthermore, if you want to continue discussing the movie itself and to avoid spoiling it for others, I invite you to do it in this thread since the people who visit it are already aware that the movie plot is being discussed. Thanks.

As of June 28th

well, thats just because of the inflation but if you adjust it then the original wins! :)

lol I don't go to the Theatre, I find it's money out the window(I go on rare occasions)...I am ok with an ''at home'' experience :happy: ...saving money for steel releases
I used to not go to the theatre that often until my local Cineworld opened an IMAX screen.
Now I see most every release that is at the IMAX
This was the last one I watched their.
Incredible film