Released: June 12, 2018 for PC & July 3rd for PS4 & XB1
Platforms: PS4, XB1, PC
Purchase: Steam, PS4, XB1

jurassic_world_logo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OP updated for Steam purchases.

Also...

DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION
A pack of 5 extra dinosaurs that can be accessed through dig sites within the game.

Styracosaurus
Crichtonsaurus
Majungasaurus
Archaeornithomimus
Suchomimus

Pre order bonus skins for the ACU helicopter and the Ranger vehicle.
deluxe.JPG

Jumped on the Steam forum for this game and man, are they ripping this game a new one! A lot of folks are upset because there’s no blood in it and even went on to say that it needs to be the same amount of blood as Doom. I’m just like thinking to myself that damn this is a Simulation/Strategy and they want a whole bunch of blood when a dinosaur eats a goat or a person, a little maybe but not a ton of it imho.

Then a whole lot of folks are angry because they think the price is too high for this game at $60 for a pre-order. I don’t know...maybe? but if they drop the price I think there might be a bunch of micro transactions for maybe updates or extra dinosaurs and such if they lower the price now. I think it should stay where it is for now.

What does everyone else think? I mean maybe I’m wrong and they should kick the blood up a notch idk.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Jumped on the Steam forum for this game and man, are they ripping this game a new one! A lot of folks are upset because there’s no blood in it and even went on to say that it needs to be the same amount of blood as Doom. I’m just like thinking to myself that damn this is a Simulation/Strategy and they want a whole bunch of blood when a dinosaur eats a goat or a person, a little maybe but not a ton of it imho.

Then a whole lot of folks are angry because they think the price is too high for this game at $60 for a pre-order. I don’t know...maybe? but if they drop the price I think there might be a bunch of micro transactions for maybe updates or extra dinosaurs and such if they lower the price now. I think it should stay where it is for now.

What does everyone else think? I mean maybe I’m wrong and they should kick the blood up a notch idk.
Games don't need blood to be fun.I think some people just have a gore fetish they think every game should satiysfy. The studio wants the largest audience possible.Getting an R rating won't help them sale games.

As far as price goes, i do think $60 is to much for what this game is.Maybe have the base game at $30 and the deluxe at $50.These studios need to stop over scoping and over hiring and then charging people $60 for any old game.To be honest, the game looks like a free to play game.

Games don't need blood to be fun.I think some people just have a gore fetish they think every game should satiysfy. The studio wants the largest audience possible.Getting an R rating won't help them sale games.

As far as price goes, i do think $60 is to much for what this game is.Maybe have the base game at $30 and the deluxe at $50.These studios need to stop over scoping and over hiring and then charging people $60 for any old game.To be honest, the game looks like a free to play game.
I pretty much agree with you both... blood isn't necessary in a game like this -- to be honest, I hadn't even thought about the fact that there's no blood.

As for the price... $60 is a little too much IMO, but then most games are way overpriced nowadays, so it's nothing new/surprising. What annoys me most is how digital games are the same price (or in some cases, even more!) as physical copies, despite them obviously requiring less materials to make etc.

I certainly won't be paying full price for this anyway... I'll pick it up in a sale or something, even if I have to wait another year.

I pretty much agree with you both... blood isn't necessary in a game like this -- to be honest, I hadn't even thought about the fact that there's no blood.

As for the price... $60 is a little too much IMO, but then most games are way overpriced nowadays, so it's nothing new/surprising. What annoys me most is how digital games are the same price (or in some cases, even more!) as physical copies, despite them obviously requiring less materials to make etc.

I certainly won't be paying full price for this anyway... I'll pick it up in a sale or something, even if I have to wait another year.

For the longest time they claimed games were always $60 because of the cost of the disk, packaging and fee to put it on the shelf but none of that is the case with digital games.They just store the game on a severer and let people copy it and play with a license.Digital games should come out at least $10 - $15 cheaper then retail games.

The same should be said about digital movies.There is no way i should be paying the price of a steel book for a digital movie.I don't get nothing but a copy of the movie i paid $10 bucks to see.I should pay not more then that to own a digital copy.

For the longest time they claimed games were always $60 because of the cost of the disk, packaging and fee to put it on the shelf but none of that is the case with digital games.They just store the game on a severer and let people copy it and play with a license.Digital games should come out at least $10 - $15 cheaper then retail games.

The same should be said about digital movies.There is no way i should be paying the price of a steel book for a digital movie.I don't get nothing but a copy of the movie i paid $10 bucks to see.I should pay not more then that to own a digital copy.
Exactly! There's absolutely no reason why a digital copy should cost the same as a physical copy... it's greed at it's finest and blatantly just a way of ripping off customers. I once said I'd never go digital, but it's got to the point where I have to because I lack the shelf space to store actual game cases. That being said, I still buy physical more than digital simply because of the prices... the cost of new games from the PS Store are ridiculous!

The only reason to not have bloods is for kids really.............. either have a hidden setting to toggle blood on/off , a cheat code ( the good ol days) ... or if that both messes with the rating of a game. Have a free DLC pack ... or be greedy and have a $3-5 DLC pack for it .... obviously adults are going that far to get a hold of it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Exactly! There's absolutely no reason why a digital copy should cost the same as a physical copy... it's greed at it's finest and blatantly just a way of ripping off customers. I once said I'd never go digital, but it's got to the point where I have to because I lack the shelf space to store actual game cases. That being said, I still buy physical more than digital simply because of the prices... the cost of new games from the PS Store are ridiculous!
I often buy games new, on disc for approx £40, thrape them in a week or two before selling/trading in whilst it’s worth something still, (Lego marvel 2, South Park 2, Burnout, Ghost recon etc as recent examples) then wait for all DLC to be released and the game to be about £10-15 digitally before rebuying and finishing. So once all is said,and done i’d end up paying about £20 per game in total.
They are very few am willing to pay full price for (think Destiny 2 was the only one I shelled out £90 for and that was total across both systems, PS4/xb1, inc season passes)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
This just released today for the PC, unfortunately I'm not going to be able to really sit down and play it until maybe a month from now because my daughter is down for her summer vacation and I don't want to take away any fun activities that we might do if I'm sitting there playing a game. This is her time not mine so I can wait no big deal, so anxious to play though.

I was going to wait until this was in the sale before picking it up, but I'm really in the mood for playing it now... not sure if to get it on PC (I don't have the best setup, so it'd probably struggle) or wait for the console release next month.

forgot this was out already

might have to give it a go as am now game sharing with a buddy on xbox and he bought it Tuesday (he also reckons its a really good game to chill to)