Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Tagline: The park is gone

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Juan Antonio Bayona

Cast: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Isabella Sermon, Rafe Spall, James Cromwell, Justice Smith, Daniella Pineda, Geraldine Chaplin, Ted Levine, Toby Jones, BD Wong, Jeff Goldblum, Michael Papajohn, Robert Emms, Charlie Rawes, Daniel Stisen, Kamil Lemieszewski

Release: 2018-06-06

Runtime: 128

Plot: Several years after the demise of Jurassic World, a volcanic eruption threatens the remaining dinosaurs on the island of Isla Nublar. Claire Dearing, the former park manager and founder of the Dinosaur Protection Group, recruits Owen Grady to help prevent the extinction of the dinosaurs once again.

Attachments

• jurassic.png
    jurassic.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 1,965
oh and apparently there is a post credit scene...I didn't even know about it until I saw youtube reviews
Same but apparently it's not big deal if you miss it.
Like the Frozen post-credits one.

That said, am currently sat in the cinema waiting to see it again (2d so cost me £3 for the bucket of juice I opted for).
REALLY wanna like this... hoping now I know the silly twists that are coming, I might enjoy the shifting tones more instead of them feeling jarring and distracting.
Fingers crossed

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I just got back from the theatre and, well, this was a very different Jurassic film. I'm not sure how I feel right now. The film is honestly a bit of a downer. I might watch it one more time this weekend to give it another shot, but as of now, I'm feeling disappointed.

My full thoughts will be posted in an upcoming Camcast video next week.

I have to admit I really enjoyed it. The time flew in and for such a long film that's always a good sign with me. The few negatives in the film were far outweighted by the good. Some stunning sequences, some serious edge of the seat stuff and a surprisingly dark film and I don't mean most scenes set at night!

I thought it entertaining and better than Jurassic World, 6.5/10

It’s unfair to compare it to the original because you can never recapture the wonder of the first film. However I felt this film did a better job than both JW and JP3 in that for the most part the dinosaurs acted like animals and not monsters (minus the hybrid, which was part of its plot device).

When compared to the sequels it certainly could have been better as they all could have but in the end you get what you’re expecting if you have seen the trailers.

Finally saw it today.

I liked it. But I'll say this. I wish I had never seen the Trailer. Teaser was fine...
But the FULL trailer gave away the ENTIRE movie. I seriously am going to have to stop watching them because it actually made my enjoyment of the film less knowing almost every beat of the film. Even the 2nd to last shot of the movie is in the trailer!!! How is this ok?

I feel like they need to make a law where they can't show a single frame from the last 3rd of any film in its trailer.

Anyways, besides that. It was still a really fun film. And it was nice that the "Kid" (Every JP film needs one) wasn't the weak link. Actually really liked her.
the 2nd half is better then the first and I'm curious where they will go from here.

Ranking order:
  1. Jurassic Park
  2. Jurassic World
  3. Fallen Kingdom
  4. The Lost World
  5. Jurassic Park 3

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
Finally saw it today.

I liked it. But I'll say this. I wish I had never seen the Trailer. Teaser was fine...
But the FULL trailer gave away the ENTIRE movie. I seriously am going to have to stop watching them because it actually made my enjoyment of the film less knowing almost every beat of the film. Even the 2nd to last shot of the movie is in the trailer!!! How is this ok?

I feel like they need to make a law where they can't show a single frame from the last 3rd of any film in its trailer.

Anyways, besides that. It was still a really fun film. And it was nice that the "Kid" (Every JP film needs one) wasn't the weak link. Actually really liked her.
the 2nd half is better then the first and I'm curious where they will go from here.

Ranking order:
  1. Jurassic Park
  2. Jurassic World
  3. Fallen Kingdom
  4. The Lost World
  5. Jurassic Park 3

Glad you enjoyed it, bud, and I agree about the trailers. They showed everything!

My ranking order (though I still need to watch Fallen Kingdom again to get a better feel for it):

1 - Jurassic Park
2 - Jurassic World
3 - The Lost World
4 (tie for now) - Jurassic Park 3 / Fallen Kingdom

And while some (likely most) will say I'm crazy for putting JWFK and JP3 side-by-side, I'm glad that I now looked at Rotten Tomatoes and know that I'm not alone. JP3 and JWFK are tied at 50% each, the lowest percentage rating in the series.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw