Release date: March 26, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £22.99
Group buy: Hosted by Cooey HERE

02-66223.jpg

03-66223.jpg
01-66223.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's telling that I'm all set up for 4K because of my PS4 Pro and yet I still don't bother with 4K films - unless they're known to be genuine 4K, known to be worth the upgrade, decent films AND they have no 3D version - then I might buy the 4K disc ;).
All you need to know about the future of 4K BD’d is do you remember 2K DVD’s?

I do!

giphy.gif

Maybe not of this movie though. I much preferred BvS (and Wonder Woman was twice as good as that), this was a complete mess in parts, but I did enjoy it... Probably not enough to watch it again.

Thor Ragnarok on the other hand is epic!

giphy.gif

I think it's telling that I'm all set up for 4K because of my PS4 Pro and yet I still don't bother with 4K films - unless they're known to be genuine 4K, known to be worth the upgrade, decent films AND they have no 3D version - then I might buy the 4K disc ;).

I've got a couple, but no real interest in them unless they follow the way HMV have been doing fully loaded editions including 3D.

• Thanks
Reactions: chza56 and davhyl
Haven't watched this but $300m+ is at stake. If this doesn't cross $700-$800m mark, our brothers at Warner will be scratching their heads.

I think they might simply end up sticking with Wonder Woman.

JL will cross $800. These films make money even if it's a very small return. Even Suicide Squad made about $86m in the home release market and $746m worldwide from a $175m budget.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Suicide-Squad#tab=summary

BVS made $868m worldwide and $75m on home release. That budget was $250m though so less profit when you consider marketing etc.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Batman-v-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice#tab=summary

DC don't really care about the figures as much as these films have led to many people rediscovering comic books and increased comic book sales generally. Same for Marvel. Movies are just a foothold and a gateway into the core business for these two companies.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/comic-book-sales-superhero-movies-1202499029/

hmmm will hold off for now and decide later putting a bunch of unknowns and hoping is ok i'm not sure.

why didn't they stick with the real flash from tv series????

and also i want to see the artwork before i bother.

@psychoscot film really bad avengers film in your opionon then?

basil :thumbs:

Warner keep trying to imitate Marvel with all the gags and one-liners when it's just not necessary. Why do they even have to do expanded universe films, why not standalone great ones? I want serious comic book films, as a teenager I would look to Batman for dark and brooding not laughs. I liked BvS but as a DC fan this franchise isn't fulfilling its full potential. According to IMDb it has a 2K DI, so it'll be an upscale but still a worthy uptick. I still don't understand why they do 2D+3D steels (that I keep buying) when 3D TVs are a dying breed.

Just a heads up, if you do decide to buy any 4K UHDs, your PS4 Pro won't play them.

It's annoying that Sony didn't make it able to as it would have saved me buying an Xbox One S solely as a UHD player.

Reactions: ChrisIW
Will I have to pre-order this again to get the £22.99 price, as it currently sits in my pre-order list at £24.99... or will they automatically only charge at £22.99?

• Thanks
Reactions: DeathMetalDemon
Saw this last night, loved everything about it and I'm sure a director's cut will be available on release date and would make it even better when it's out so can't wait.... hope HDZ will do a premium boxset for this awesome flick to go with the rest of their DC line releases :cigar:

• Thanks
Reactions: DeathMetalDemon