Sep 2, 2017
CANADA
Release date: March 13, 2018
Purchase links: 2D - 4K
Prices: $32.99 (2D) - $39.99 (4K)

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This, like most BestBuy.ca steelbooks these days is available online only.
Personnally, I don't care if it's online only. I order 2-3 of each every single time to be sure I get a mint copy and don't mind having to return the extras in store. Yeah it was easier picking it up in store on release, but lastly, they only had like 5-6 copy and it was a chaos trying to get one after store opening...

It's more the now "common" $44.99+tx = 52$ price tag that bugs me... Didn't mind paying 30$ back in the day for a nice Blu-ray Steelbook... not almost the double now... :angry:

Personnally, I don't care if it's online only. I order 2-3 of each every single time to be sure I get a mint copy and don't mind having to return the extras in store. Yeah it was easier picking it up in store on release, but lastly, they only had like 5-6 copy and it was a chaos trying to get one after store opening...

It's more the now "common" $44.99+tx = 52$ price tag that bugs me... Didn't mind paying 30$ back in the day for a nice Blu-ray Steelbook... not almost the double now... :angry:

Yeah I only mentioned it for those people who for some reason still don't pre-order who don't realize that it is online only. I hope people are finally realizing it. I decided when I mentioned it this time that this would be the last time that I point it out since it has become the norm.

As for $44.99, so far I've only seen this price on the recent Marvel and DC titles. The only title that may have deserved that price was the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 steelbook since it was the only Best Buy.ca fully loaded package. 4K+3D+2D+Digital steelbook.

I believe so far that there have just been 5 titles at $44.99:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Wonder Woman
Thor Ragnarok
Justice League
Blade Runner 2049 (4K) which is not a Marvel or DC title - I forgot about this one.

But there will be more.

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17

As I said before, I didn't mind paying $44.99 for GotG Vol 2 coz it includes all 4K+3D+2D but the rest have only 4K with these price tags--Wonder Woman, Thor Ragnarok, Blade Runner 2049 and even Kingsman The Golden Circle. Wasn't surprised that JL joined the trend. And they can pretty much command the price as most of the steelbook are OOS on or shortly after release day. We used to get steelbooks back in the day only $2-3 more than amaray now we are looking more $8-10 more than amarays for steelbooks. & designs, finish aren't getting any better. (n)

I dont mind online only but yea either they need to drop the price or need to come up with better art and finish. I wouldnt mind paying $45 for WEA.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
And we now have confirmation that both listing have the same art.... :(
View attachment 358850 View attachment 358851
Aww man. I was hoping for a Blade Runner scenario as well. :(
I might skip this and import it from India since it comes with 4k and 3d. Plus it'll have a bunch of Asian languages...

How lazy was that back art anyway?
It matches previous 'comic art' steelbooks for MoS, BvS, and SS.
Dont get me wrong, i understand your frustration. I would've preferred something different too.

Reactions: goufcustom
So the back art is a repeat of the front art minus the colour?? And the inside is practically devoid of artwork as well??
FAIL

Thank god I didn't waste any money on these illustrated steels

• Thanks
Reactions: smigro