Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: July 28, 2015
Price: $18.99
Purchase link: COMING SOON
Group buy:
apsmith21

A few of you have reached out and asked me if I'd be hosting a group buy - as a result, I asked our contacts today and there is a Gods and Monsters blu-ray steelbook for the USA and it likely will be a Target exclusive again.

Pic courtesy wolverinejmc
justice.jpg

Last edited:
Its unfortunate about the avalability of these at Target,and i understand! We officially ended up with 2 lone steels and one figurine set,all sold before i was allowed to grab it! I strongly dislike telling folks we're out since i live the struggle.funny anecdote though,i got at least 3 calls for the Mondo x steels,silly humans haha.i hope those who really want it secure it without breaking the bank :)

Reactions: digitalbabe
Has anybody opened one of the boxes with a figure and actually verified that a Steelbook is included. I found one of those, but it seems very light.

Has anybody opened one of the boxes with a figure and actually verified that a Steelbook is included. I found one of those, but it seems very light.
There are two versions. Normal one with amaray and the exclusive with the steelbook. The steelbook versions has a distinct sticker indicating that it includes the steelbook (as seen in the pic above), whereas the normal one doesn't. I held and examined both at the store and can indeed see a steel in the boxset behind the figurine. Its also heavier than the normal.

Reactions: Kvack
You can actually see through the behind the fig and see the embossing on the slipcover if its slip in there. So even despite sticker, you could see if steel is in there by that.

Reactions: Kvack
Thanks! I took a risk and opened it and it was a SteelBook after all. I couldn't see the embossing and it didn't feel as heavy as I thought it should. I was surprised that it didn't have a j-card, but I guess the book that held it and the figure took the place of that.

Reactions: steel888
Very easy to tell if the figurine package has a steel or not. If you've been a collector for a while, you should have an idea of the steelbook weight. If unsure, simply go to the embossed MP section @ B&M (there are still some comic wave steels there) and use one as a gauge. I'm yet to find a figurine set with a steel enclosed.

It wasn't put online, so I guess this is instore only. By the way, the DPCIs are the same.

Thanks! I took a risk and opened it and it was a SteelBook after all. I couldn't see the embossing and it didn't feel as heavy as I thought it should. I was surprised that it didn't have a j-card, but I guess the book that held it and the figure took the place of that.

Since you've opened the box version...can you confirm how it's 'numbered', as indicated on the front of the box?

And here is another helpful hint:

You must be sure that the UPC is a sticker with this barcode number:
barcode.jpg

It is a Deluxe Numbered Edition Box Set with Steelbook

It is Heavier

It does come with its own Unique Steelbook Exclusive Target Sticker

It does come with Limited #d Sticker

and Its unfortunate that some Target Store Spider Packed It :(

jla_zpslrnqskrl.jpg

The DCPI for this is shared among the different versions, correct?

Yeah, that is the sad part of it all.

Bright Side

Among collectors - this is a cool surprise that there is a Steelbook Deluxe box set out there with a

Very Limited Run and Randomly distribute among Target Stores

In short - Those who own the Deluxe Box Set are in for a very very collectible piece of Rarity!

I think the surprise shocker of ALL LIMITEDness would go to Target's Deluxe Steelbook Edition with Figure.

Its so hard to get one in Mint and with that unique
Exclusive TARGET Steelbook Sticker!!!!

Reactions: sminister
I think the surprise shocker of ALL LIMITEDness would go to Target's Deluxe Steelbook Edition with Figure.

Yeah really difficult. Even the ones that I found that weren't spider wrapped looked like they had been before they were shelved. Making matters worse, is they were shoved into those spring loaded new release shelves putting all the pressure on those boxes.

lol damn man, how many you got to sell?

"And take a look at this shiny new car!"