digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Justice League

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Ciarán Hinds, Amy Adams, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen, J.K. Simmons, Billy Crudup, Joe Morton, Amber Heard, Michael McElhatton, Joe Manganiello, Jesse Eisenberg, Robin Wright, David Thewlis, Julian Lewis Jones, Marc McClure, Lisa Loven Kongsli, Holt McCallany, Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson, Gemma Refoufi, Kelly Burke, Paulina Boneva, Alexandra Ford, Eleanor Matsuura, Daniel Stisen, Samantha Jo, Sergi Constance, Doutzen Kroes

Release: 2017-11-15

Runtime: 120

Plot: Fuelled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince assemble a team of metahumans consisting of Barry Allen, Arthur Curry and Victor Stone to face the catastrophic threat of Steppenwolf and the Parademons who are on the hunt for three Mother Boxes on Earth.

Attachments

• 1469301979483368_jpeg.jpg
    1469301979483368_jpeg.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 2,323
  • jl.jpg
    jl.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 652
- They might have changed Superman's resurrection plans down the road because in BvS, why the hell did that happen :
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZtekEJ6Y56OnbRm/giphy.gif (Huge gif sorry)

Yeah I feel like A LOT changed after BvS. Originally JL was going to be a 2 parter... and I kind of wish it was.
I thought for sure when they opened up the coffin that it was going to be empty. That scene doesn't really make much sense now.

It also seemed like they were setting up Superman to maybe be the "bad guy" for part of it. I know we got to see 2 mins of them fighting each other But i feel like the original plan they were going to have more of the JL vs Superman? I know thats what I would have done. Have Steppenwolf Looming but not the main villain. Then you can use the "Lois is the Key" line to bring clark back to himself and they join forces together to fight Steppenwolf.

Cause we never got any answers to this:

But maybe we will get that in Flashpoint?

My favorite blunder of Justice League:
Aquaman is carrying around a GIANT FORK!:rofl:
IMG_6401.JPG

TRIDENTS have 3 tines. (Hence, TRI - dent)
5 tines = FORK.:hilarious:
Dig Aquaman and his flatware!:LOL:
(And, let's face it - he's just doing an impression of Rob Zombie... right down to the Zombie "Yeah!" like it's 'Aquaman Thunderkiss '65' !!!)

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
Just came back from watching this at BFI IMAX in London. I loved it but my friend who isn't into comics didn't. It's not 'Marvel standard' but like I say I loved it and got more out of it because I'm down with my DC lore.

There were one instances where I lost my mind because it seems like I've been waiting forever to see it on screen.
GREEN ******* LANTERNS!!!!!!!!!!!! Please just give us a Movie version of Green Lantern First Flight!

Batman was good. You were never gonna get the Batman of BVS as his whole outlook has changed since Superman died. I did think his character was more in keeping with his DKR persona with his view to ethics and general leadership.

Even though this is self contained you can see DC are pretty much table setting for their DCCU. I'm hyped for the Flash and even Aquaman could be good with the villain they've chosen.

Steppenwolf was a bit forgettable because they never spell out what his actual goals are.And I was kinda hoping they'd have Darkseid in it somewhere too.

Once again, I loved it. Fun fact: Danny Boyle was in the screening I was at. Good to see he just rolled out on a Sunday afternoon to watch a film in the cinema.

It’s a shame that despite the largely positive fan reaction over the weekend to the first screenings of the film the media seem to be pushing negative agenda’s (probably to justify their/the ‘critics’ reviews), the latest one being this notion that Whedon ruined Snyder’s film this despite the previous heavy criticism of Snyder’s BVS

I really want DC to succeed with these films but it’s looking more likely that a swift Sony-like Spider-Man reboot will occur rather than persisting with the current crop

Like I said previously with only Aquaman already in production Warner have some real decisions to make in the coming months

It’s a shame that despite the largely positive fan reaction over the weekend to the first screenings of the film the media seem to be pushing negative agenda’s (probably to justify their/the ‘critics’ reviews), the latest one being this notion that Whedon ruined Snyder’s film this despite the previous heavy criticism of Snyder’s BVS

I really want DC to succeed with these films but it’s looking more likely that a swift Sony-like Spider-Man reboot will occur rather than persisting with the current crop

Like I said previously with only Aquaman already in production Warner have some real decisions to make in the coming months

It's pretty clear that Affleck isn't continuing as Batman. Dude didn't look arsed on that promo tour they did. I'm not sure they have to reboot the whole universe. Start a stand alone Batman trilogy, move ahead with WW2 and Flash, Aqua man is already filmed. Come back to Justice League in 7 or 8 years.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
It's pretty clear that Affleck isn't continuing as Batman. Dude didn't look arsed on that promo tour they did. I'm not sure they have to reboot the whole universe. Start a stand alone Batman trilogy, move ahead with WW2 and Flash, Aqua man is already filmed. Come back to Justice League in 7 or 8 years.
What about Superman? Personnally, loved Calvill, BUT would love to see a much brighter Man of Steel.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
What about Superman? Personnally, loved Calvill, BUT would love to see a much brighter Man of Steel.

I'd stick with Cavill, he's a good Superman. A while back there was talk of Matthew Vaughn pitching to WB about making the next Superman film and that he wanted to make it a more upbeat, less dour affair. DC have the best heroes and the best villains, I just want them to get their **** together and make films the fans love. There is so much great material that just needs adapting. The Court of Owls would make such a good Batman film.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Drum18
Okay so I didn’t mind this. There was a lot of crap and some moments and scenes that didn’t fit or felt rushed (mostly the humour) but I thought it was better than BvS even though I prefer the extended version and batman in general for BvS.
Batman was a little off in this but I preferred justice league supes compared to BvS supes

I also thought this was going to be much longer than it was. It felt too short.
I’m personally hoping on a extended cut

Man of steel is still my favourite DCEU film. Still waiting on a sequel

The humour was awful. A particular moment batman comments on bleeding under the suit annoyed me.
the flash was soooo cringe, I like the way he looked and the visuals around him were awesome but ezras humour was badly timed and just not funny.
The only time the flash made me laugh was when he’s zooming round superman and he looks at him. Ezras facial expression was classic

Loved the flash back of the big fight and you see a lantern and the ring fly off. Thought that was cool.
I’m half and half about the superman fight when he wakes again, just didn’t seem convincing that he was a bit mental but supes in the end fight was quality. Would of preferred if supes skin was more zombie like in that wake up scene :LOL:

I actually really liked the bad guy (whatever his name was). Some good fights with him but his mouth when talking was a bit off due to the CGI

Thought Aquaman and cyborg stood out the most and I enjoyed their characters but as I mentioned above I wasn’t as big on batman in this like I was with him in BvS. And I prefer superman in this compared to him BvS

Maybe because of wheedon it was trying to be avengers too much. Even the DC opening is too much like marvels now lol but I suppose it makes sense and it did look cool. And the start with video footage of superman reminded me of the opening to spidey. I wonder what scenes where reshot and supes had his tash edited out because that seemed like one of them

I thought we was going to see the other side of the scene in BvS when the flash time travels to warn Bruce! I suppose that will happen in another film or just not at all and forgotten about.

Last edited:
Lotta, so, so reviews and bad press for this movie, but to be honest, we should have seen this coming.Both Dc and WB got Greedy and tried to get a JLA movie made way before it was time.They had three movies made and one was set in WW2.They should have waited did the solo films of Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg and let the audience get to know the characters better.But instead they went and threw everyone together hoping to make a billion dollars.This movie was just poorly planned from the jump.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and kaw
The DC opening sequence has been changed to this since last June for Wonder Woman.

Ahh I’ve only seen it once and forgot it was in that. Waiting to receive the manta so I can watch it again

Just came back from watching this at BFI IMAX in London. I loved it but my friend who isn't into comics didn't. It's not 'Marvel standard' but like I say I loved it and got more out of it because I'm down with my DC lore.

There were one instances where I lost my mind because it seems like I've been waiting forever to see it on screen.
GREEN ******* LANTERNS!!!!!!!!!!!! Please just give us a Movie version of Green Lantern First Flight!

Batman was good. You were never gonna get the Batman of BVS as his whole outlook has changed since Superman died. I did think his character was more in keeping with his DKR persona with his view to ethics and general leadership.

Even though this is self contained you can see DC are pretty much table setting for their DCCU. I'm hyped for the Flash and even Aquaman could be good with the villain they've chosen.

Steppenwolf was a bit forgettable because they never spell out what his actual goals are.And I was kinda hoping they'd have Darkseid in it somewhere too.

Once again, I loved it. Fun fact: Danny Boyle was in the screening I was at. Good to see he just rolled out on a Sunday afternoon to watch a film in the cinema.

No more words needed.
Seen it yesterday and was thinking the Same.
After Steppenwolf said Darkseid i hoped for a Preview for him.
Deathstroke was also nice to see