Keep track of your bluray collection

Sep 15, 2015
Spain
Hi guys! I was just wondering if you use some sort of website/service/app/database or whatever to keep track of your ever-growing bluray collection.

I use a plain excel sheet but it feels kinda lacking and I'm looking for a better solution to the "problem". Ideally you should be able to state where your edition is from (retailer I mean) or something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ninjas! :thumbs:

I also use BD.com, but only because I've been using it since the very beginning (before HDN or any other place existed). Hoping to switch to some sort of app or just log it all myself in Excel once I get around to sorting through my collection, because as @bigrob said... there are some editions that aren't listed on BD.

• Thanks
Reactions: icharlie17
Sadly as a Mac user I don't think any of them have versions for Macs
Actually there is one for Mac called My Movies and it has an online viewer for all your friends to see what you have and it also has an iOS app to go with it too. It's too bad that the PC version doesn't look as nice as the Mac edition does though. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: icharlie17
Actually there is one for Mac called My Movies and it has an online viewer for all your friends to see what you have and it also has an iOS app to go with it too. It's too bad that the PC version doesn't look as nice as the Mac edition does though. :)

But I want one that I can use for private archiving only. I don't want every Tom Dick and Harry looking at my collection.

Don't know that. Can it archive anything like say my laserdiscs?
I don't think it can do Laserdiscs but it can do 4K, Blu-ray, DVD HD and DVD. You can set up an unlimited amount of Categories and Filters as you can see from my screenshot.
Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 7.28.06 PM.png

Let's breathe some life into this thread and see if there is any app´s or ideas to keep track of your collection :thumbs:

I just downloaded an app called Movie Collection on my phone to keep track of my ever growing collection :)

Anybody ever used/is using this? Any recommendations?

mc1.jpg mc2.jpg mc3.jpg mc4.jpg mc5.jpg
Let's breathe some life into this thread and see if there is any app´s or ideas to keep track of your collection :thumbs:

I just downloaded an app called Movie Collection on my phone to keep track of my ever growing collection :)

Anybody ever used/is using this? Any recommendations?
I tried using that app but the App Store reports that the developer needs to update his app to work with newer versions of iOS so I stopped using it.

The thing with me is to be able to find an app that is cross platform friendly, i.e., can be run on my iPhone and has a corresponding software for Windows 10 too. Also have an unlimited number of filters, can correctly display Box Sets and can also list my TV shows correctly. It also needs to allow me to use my own box scans and not force a Blu-ray case border around the artwork/scan which is what My Movies does on iOS. Also no need for software that forces others artwork down your throat like DVD Profiler does.

I've used DVD Profiler and while its nice it's user interface is seriously lacking with extra info like a custom review section and custom fields that can be created by the user.

I used to use My Movies and while it looks fantastic on an iMac it looks completely distasteful on Windows. I mean it looks Windows 95ish that's how bad it is. iOS is halfway decent though.

I was using CATVids but the developer has since stopped updating it. It was very extensive and could successfully scrape info from IMDb and since IMDb doesn't have an API to scrape from, the developer was continually updating a dll file to properly scrape its HTML based webpages. Too bad it's not in development any longer but it is still readily available if people still want it that already have a license.

I'm now using Movie Collector and I quite enjoy using it. It has an app called CLZ Movies for iOS too which I like. I can create in unlimited number of custom filters and sort lists. I can turn off there artwork and use my own scans/artwork. I have a place for a custom review like those found on Roger Ebert's site. I can also have custom links to an unlimited number of webpages. It allows the use of keywords for search criteria. It has live trailers right on the profile page for each movie or I can turn that off if I wish to use my own links to custom trailers. I can also link to my own custom movie files which I have for each and every movie I own. I can have screen caps displaying on the profile page and it also will allow me to create custom user fields for any info you want. I use mine for box office info and academy awards too.

It can correctly display box sets which most cataloging movie software doesn't do right. It has multiple views, has page templates and also a light and dark modes. I can even link to images of scans of extra stuff like books, art cards, character cards and more. It also has an extra service to display your collection on an online database so all your friends can see what's in your collection. Also it's regularly updated by the developers.

The only drawback is that it does its scraping from TMdb and there info is not as extensive as IMDb's is.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: ash333 and Asopp