Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #11) [Korea]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 21, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - Boxset (Pre-order March 31 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $35.99 (Individual editions) - $129.99 (Boxset)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv
Note: Full Slip A 900 copies - Full Slip B 700 copies - Lenti 900 copies - Boxset 500 copies
Boxset gift: ***** Wagon Key chain, O-Ren COMIC BOOK 52p. Order Limit X 1

kbfulla.jpg kbfullb.jpg kblent.jpg kbbox.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 6.36.25 PM.png
IMG_6133.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it is on blu ray and it's the Japanese version that features that.
As far as im aware the only way to get it is in the Japanese collectors limited edition set. Not sure if their standard dvd has it

Not sure if mine is the Collectors edition (I'll have to go and look) but it is on my Japanese DVD.

As for this steel, I think the Uk version is far superior.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Not sure if mine is the Collectors edition (I'll have to go and look) but it is on my Japanese DVD.

As for this steel, I think the Uk version is far superior.

Yeah it's definately on the Japanese DVD (when I wrote that I wasn't sure if it was only included on the DVD in collectors set or on the standard Japanese single DVD release which I then found out both)

Looks like it's on the special features for the blu Ray and not in the actual film with this release so it will still be cool to see the colour fight in HD

I love the 2 zavvi steels but I do also really like the look of this steel

But the zavvi art is my fav poster for the film (used to have a giant poster of it on my way back in the day)

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
Yeah it's definately on the Japanese DVD (when I wrote that I wasn't sure if it was only included on the DVD in collectors set or on the standard Japanese single DVD release which I then found out both)

Looks like it's on the special features for the blu Ray and not in the actual film with this release so it will still be cool to see the colour fight in HD

I love the 2 zavvi steels but I do also really like the look of this steel

But the zavvi art is my fav poster for the film (used to have a giant poster of it on my way back in the day)

Saved me going looking - lol

I do like this; but I'm not overwhelmed. The poster art is often the best - after all, the studios spend a lot of money to get it right for the theatrical premiers. That said, some of the best alternative art I've see is by the self-styled "amateurs", many of whom appear capable of outshiing their "professional" bretheren.

Meanwhle, back firmly on topic, I wouldn't like to commit to this unless they made it clear they were doing KB2, Or we end up like piffey on a rock as we are with the non-existent FACs of T2 and T4 . . . . :(

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Saved me going looking - lol

I do like this; but I'm not overwhelmed. The poster art is often the best - after all, the studios spend a lot of money to get it right for the theatrical premiers. That said, some of the best alternative art I've see is by the self-styled "amateurs", many of whom appear capable of outshiing their "professional" bretheren.

Meanwhle, back firmly on topic, I wouldn't like to commit to this unless they made it clear they were doing KB2, Or we end up like piffey on a rock as we are with the non-existent FACs of T2 and T4 . . . . :(

I agree, i love poster art and I also do like some "self styled amateur art" when done well.
Like the better call Saul season 1 for example

Same goes for experienced artists too like the mondo gang

Pretty sure KB2 is happening ....

image.jpeg

If in the flesh it looks anywhere as good as the pics for this one looks I'll be happy but that black better not have any scratches or chips

Hate the back art though

I would rather nova show us the designs for their 2 full slips and lenti before this pre order next week.

I'll be going for slip A on this and I don't want to prefer the lenti for vol 2 and they don't match on my shelf

I have a feeling they will do a slip that matches slip B on this but their other full slip and lenti won't compliment these slips

Usually I'm a lenti man and especially with nova but I'm very dissaponted in their decision for the lenti and I Just hope I prefer a full slip on Vol 2 to go with my choice on this one

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and JackRegan
I like that lenti. A showcase for incredible depth. Might try to grab one from the website on pre-order day.
Wouldn't mind missing it either.

What photo are you looking at? Only thing that looks similar to what you're talking about is the steelbook itself?

Ha! Nevermind. I had just gotten out of bed when I looked at the photo just above, and I thought I was looking at a slip rather than the steelbook (didn't even pay attention to the artwork). I can see now that's just the type of paint/gloss you see on a lot of steelbooks.

Reactions: K.i.T
i'm in the minority but i think Fullslip B design felt right for the movie. It's kinda dull but there's an "old-feel" vibe to it, very Tarantino-esque, the design is like an old wood/dry-blood. The Black spine elevates the whole look, and the glossy yellow steel enhance the contrasting color..maybe its just me..

i'm in the minority but i think Fullslip B design felt right for the movie. It's kinda dull but there's an "old-feel" vibe to it, very Tarantino-esque, the design is like an old wood/dry-blood. The Black spine elevates the whole look, and the glossy yellow steel enhance the contrasting color..maybe its just me..

Yea, I'm starting to feel the same way. This is a tough decision. I was adamant I was going with A but the more I look at it, the more it makes the film looks like something it's not if that makes sense. I really need to see in hand pictures before I decide I think. Hopefully some will be shown before pre-order date.

Yea, I'm starting to feel the same way. This is a tough decision. I was adamant I was going with A but the more I look at it, the more it makes the film looks like something it's not if that makes sense. I really need to see in hand pictures before I decide I think. Hopefully some will be shown before pre-order date.
yeah, A is not bad but it doesn't scream kill bill, blazing fire in a factory in her yellow jumpsuit,then same suit in a yellow steel, it's too on the nose..the back art is cool though.. hopefully in hand pictures will be better

Last edited: