Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #11) [Korea]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 21, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - Boxset (Pre-order March 31 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $35.99 (Individual editions) - $129.99 (Boxset)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv
Note: Full Slip A 900 copies - Full Slip B 700 copies - Lenti 900 copies - Boxset 500 copies
Boxset gift: ***** Wagon Key chain, O-Ren COMIC BOOK 52p. Order Limit X 1

kbfulla.jpg kbfullb.jpg kblent.jpg kbbox.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 6.36.25 PM.png
IMG_6133.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't imagine watching that epic sword fight in colour it just wouldn't look right to me Japan can keep it! :LOL:

It's great both ways but if your a fan of the film then that scene needs to be seen in colour at some point. Looks too good. And to be honest DVD gives it that old feel which is cool but I would love to see it on HD

It's also a extended version of the film. Extra footage when she's cutting up sofie and some other bits

The Japanese DVD box set is very cool and comes with some quality goodies (shirt she wears when she arrives in Japan, mini dojo and hattori sword, limited edition the bride bear toy, a booklet and some other bits inside the DVD)

image.jpeg

It's great both ways but if your a fan of the film then that scene needs to be seen in colour at some point. Looks too good. And to be honest DVD gives it that old feel which is cool but I would love to see it on HD

It's also a extended version of the film. Extra footage when she's cutting up sofie and some other bits

The Japanese DVD box set is very cool and comes with some quality goodies (shirt she wears when she arrives in Japan, mini dojo and hattori sword, limited edition the bride bear toy, a booklet and some other bits inside the DVD)

View attachment 285523

I have both of the boxsets, somewhere.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo

View attachment 285523
Yes your probably right I shouldn't wright it off altogether, nice collection you have there! I just have the original zavvi edition (the one in the middle) I've always been happy with that I think the movies should be together in one edition, don't ask me why it just feels right for that movie.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Yes your probably right I shouldn't wright it off altogether, nice collection you have there! I just have the original zavvi edition (the one in the middle) I've always been happy with that I think the movies should be together in one edition, don't ask me why it just feels right for that movie.

I'm such a sucker for these films that I bought the double but was never really a fan of the art. It's the art of the singles I love (both front of vol 1 & 2 and the back of 2) used to have big posters of them

This why I know I'll end up getting the novas. Considering I like the fronts on them, just hope they don't disappoint on slips and goodies

I would love that French set also @cooey @Noodles

The stupid thing is, the BDs released in Japan did not contain the Japanese cut of the film.
So its never been released on blu ray! Cmon QT!
Release TWBA it was screened in 2015 but still no sign of it.

This is the reason why I've still hung onto the JP boxsets. They HOBL fight in colour is amazing.

Tarantino's probably just sitting on TWBA until a rainy day when he's short of few quid or when he wants to put an extension onto his mansion!! :p

It's a pity he had to black and white that scene at all to get it passed the censors :(

It's pretty tame by today's standards now. Look at what TV programmes are getting away with now compared to this.

Ash Vs Evil Dead anyone?!

• Thanks
Reactions: huggy2k4
It's a pity he had to black and white that scene at all to get it passed the censors :(

It's pretty tame by today's standards now. Look at what TV programmes are getting away with now compared to this.

Ash Vs Evil Dead anyone?!
Censors seem to have no problem with gore when it is with Zombies or the Evil dead. Kill Bill is slicing up real humans, so that is why.

Censors seem to have no problem with gore when it is with Zombies or the Evil dead. Kill Bill is slicing up real humans, so that is why.

I know what you mean but Game of Thrones and Hannibal have shown much worse. Guess it was ahead of it's time in that respect. I bet it would get passed if it was released today.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I know what you mean but Game of Thrones and Hannibal have shown much worse. Guess it was ahead of it's time in that respect. I bet it would get passed if it was released today.
This is true. You never can tell what they are gonna let slide. But, I remember being dumbstruck every week Hannibal aired. "How the hell are they getting away with this?!! This is NBC!!"

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
Is there going to be a group buy for this? I've been out of the loop on GBs for a while and don't want to miss out. Any idea if there's going to be a Full slip or other versions? Sorry if all of this has been covered (I didn't see anything GB-related posted in last few pages).