KimchiDVD - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc about this retailer here.

List of Kimchidvd.com Exclusives HERE

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Kimchidvd?
A)Welcome to KIMCHI DVD
Q) I haven't mastered Korean yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Turn on Google translate >> Login >> click on "If members to join ..." >> fill in EVERY box >>
click on this box to ensure your member ID is available:
rsz_button.jpg
>> Sign up!

You don't need to use Google Translate to register, provided you use the English registration link.
You need to enter both a Celluar phone (mobile) and Telephone number when registering/placing an order, however they can both be the same number (I don't have a home phone number, so always use my mobile number).
Numbers should be entered without a proceeding 0 and you do not need to enter your country code (KimchiDVD add it automatically to your parcel label).

So a UK phone (01452 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 1452 Phone Number : 123123

A UK mobile (07847 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 7847 Phone Number : 123123

If you have already registered, afterlogging in you can update your address/phone numbers here.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example to UK: (1 x steelbook)

K-Packet is tracked and one Steelbook to UK (with a weight of 450g - which is the typical weight for a lenticular) costs $10.81.
On average it takes around 7 days after dispatch to arrive in the UK - I always use K-Packet when placing orders and my orders have always arrived safely.

I'm not sure if it's insured or not (there's no mention) but assuming you pay via PayPal, their guarantee will cover you if you don't receive your order for some reason.

You can track your K-Packet order using this website, however tracking information isn't always accurate after leaving Korea (e.g. sometimes it doesn't update again before it's delivered, or even after if your postman doesn't bother getting a signature).

EMS $21.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)
TNT Premium $37.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe, see below: (Thanks to SBC28 for pics)

A pretty sturdy box, which seemingly took some damage during shipping.
(These are pretty much always the same boxes.)
kimchipackaging01.jpg

Enough space for the item to "breathe", but snug enough to stop it from moving.
(That white thing is the invoice, which i choose to include, since i am in the USA.)
kimchipackaging02.jpg

6 layers of bubble wrap.
kimchipackaging03.jpg

Another shot of the bubble wrap, one sheet (4 layers) removed.
kimchipackaging04.jpg

One minty mint SB, all the way from Korea.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly, you have various options to choose from:
rsz_customs-kimchi.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon order

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card or Paypal

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was parcelforce, I honestly think UK Custom or certain UK Custom officials look out for Kimchi packages since the whole Iron man fiasco ;)

I know a few UK members who get charges on just Kimchi parcels

From Kimchi Facebook page this morning

Notice for Dormant Accounts

This is a short notice from KimchiDVD for dormant accounts.
When there has been no financial activity for a long period of time, other than posting of interest, an account can be classified as dormant.
As a nation-wide measure in Korea,
if you haven't logged in our website for one year, all of your information will be stored in a specific place.
If you want to maintain your status, visit our website and log in before 18th of August.
Thank you.

Ron

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT and inu028
forgot my password. how can I change it... the login is useless. most sites give chance to change or get pass emailed to you...but no kimchi...maybe I should just ignore them and their releases...

I've had the same problem with kimchidvd. I can't log in. I've tried emailing and no reply. I've tried creating a new account with a new email address and no email from them. I've checked spam and spam filters. Nothing. I can't log in and communication goes into a black hole.

I've had the same problem with kimchidvd. I can't log in. I've tried emailing and no reply. I've tried creating a new account with a new email address and no email from them. I've checked spam and spam filters. Nothing. I can't log in and communication goes into a black hole.
Are you waiting to receive some sort of activation email from KimchiDVD after creating a new account?

There will be none, your account is active straight away once you create it.

But if you simply can't login with your account and password, I've no idea what the problem might be.

I'm really not impressed by Kimchi's customer service, I was asked to take a PIC of a damaged item and I did that and sent it to them and I'm still waiting on a reply 4 days later, not good enough, nothing more irritating that bad customer service

I'm really not impressed by Kimchi's customer service, I was asked to take a PIC of a damaged item and I did that and sent it to them and I'm still waiting on a reply 4 days later, not good enough, nothing more irritating that bad customer service

Honestly, I have not had the best of luck with KimchiDVD. Here is my laundry list of problems.

1) The Pianist Full Slip, American Psycho - completely mangled during transit (replaced by Tony)
2) The Raid (received two lentis when I ordered black slips) (had to send the wrong versions back before he sent me the versions I ordered and only game me store credit for the return postage)
3) Kingsman (ordered the lenti, received the full slip) ((had to send the wrong version back before he sent me the version I ordered and only game me store credit for the return postage)
4) Whiplash (received manufacturer scratched steel) Tony shipped out the replacement steel on January 4 (mind you, the issue was reported December 7th). Per the tracking, it still hasn't left Korea and he hasn't answered my last two emails for help as the USPS won't help since it's not registered mail).
5) Fifth Element - Received The A1 Full Slip with what appears to be two pen/pencil marks on the slip cover (emailed Today about it Feb. 11). No response yet.

Tony corrected a lot of my issues but I'm getting sick and tired of dealing with issues from Kimchidvd. In my experience, I've dealt with enough issues to make me never want to buy from them again. I think i'm going to cancel my pre-order of Specter.

Reactions: Scarface
Honestly, I have not had the best of luck with KimchiDVD. Here is my laundry list of problems.

1) The Pianist Full Slip, American Psycho - completely mangled during transit (replaced by Tony)
2) The Raid (received two lentis when I ordered black slips) (had to send the wrong versions back before he sent me the versions I ordered and only game me store credit for the return postage)
3) Kingsman (ordered the lenti, received the full slip) ((had to send the wrong version back before he sent me the version I ordered and only game me store credit for the return postage)
4) Whiplash (received manufacturer scratched steel) Tony shipped out the replacement steel on January 4 (mind you, the issue was reported December 7th). Per the tracking, it still hasn't left Korea and he hasn't answered my last two emails for help as the USPS won't help since it's not registered mail).
5) Fifth Element - Received The A1 Full Slip with what appears to be two pen/pencil marks on the slip cover (emailed Today about it Feb. 11). No response yet.

Tony corrected a lot of my issues but I'm getting sick and tired of dealing with issues from Kimchidvd. In my experience, I've dealt with enough issues to make me never want to buy from them again. I think i'm going to cancel my pre-order of Specter.
Damn that's a lot of bad luck mate, seems like Kimchi never learns, my booklet in the Fifth Element had a chunk missing out of the back of it because it had got stuck in the clips inside the steelbook and the steel has a couple of dings on the front, I can handle the odd paint chip or scratch but these are annoying, my full slip of Whiplash has scratches on the front and back but I didn't contact Kimchi over that one, these may not be the fault of Kimchi but they are the ones who are selling them so should accept full responsibility and if I don't get this sorted and soon I'll never order from them again, their customer service reminds me of Zavvi to be honest, and the fact that we only get store credit from Kimchi for returning something damaged which wasn't our fault is very poor indeed

Damn that's a lot of bad luck mate, seems like Kimchi never learns, my booklet in the Fifth Element had a chunk missing out of the back of it because it had got stuck in the clips inside the steelbook and the steel has a couple of dings on the front, I can handle the odd paint chip or scratch but these are annoying, my full slip of Whiplash has scratches on the front and back but I didn't contact Kimchi over that one, these may not be the fault of Kimchi but they are the ones who are selling them so should accept full responsibility and if I don't get this sorted and soon I'll never order from them again, their customer service reminds me of Zavvi to be honest, and the fact that we only get store credit from Kimchi for returning something damaged which wasn't our fault is very poor indeed

I think South Korea had some national holidays from through Feb 7 to Feb 10. I can understand a slight delay in a response due to any holidays. Just keep emailing him, that is what I'm going to do. Actually, my next step is to message him on Facebook. Their customer service is not the best. Agree with you on that one.

I´m really sorry to hear that about the customer service guys :(

I had also a lot of trouble with Tony about a lost Digipak that i had ordered. It took me 6 months and over 25 e-mails after he was finally convinced It was too exhausting the whole situation over and over again

Last edited:
Had a major problem with KimchiDVD recently, & it's taken three emails before I managed to get a reply out of them. On the 21st Jan I ordered copies of the new Terminator Salvation steelbook. My orders were processed & my credit card charged accordingly. On release, the status of my orders was changed to 'shipped' so I thought 'Good News !' a number of weeks later I still haven't received my steelbooks. I've now started to notice resellers selling this title on eBay....but I'm patient with understanding customs & transit delays etc. However, a number of days have now elapsed so I decided to to chase up my orders. The first two emails I sent were completely ignored. After sending a third email. Tony eventually gets back to me with some nonsense about 'Paygate' (their credit card processor) putting my card on a 'blacklist' & that I'd have to use Paypal instead (without telling me how I can do this on a 'completed' order) . I guess you can blacklisted sometimes & every credit card processor has it's methods of assessing risk etc (moreso if you live in a different country) , but it's a pretty poor do to be charged for these items & not to be given a refund, & for the company to confuse you by changing the status of the orders to 'shipped' & for them not to get back to you until you've mithered them three times. I've asked Tony how I was able to use my credit card & be charged for the goods if I was on a supposed blacklist & I am now waiting for a reply..

Had a major problem with KimchiDVD recently, & it's taken three emails before I managed to get a reply out of them. On the 21st Jan I ordered copies of the new Terminator Salvation steelbook. My orders were processed & my credit card charged accordingly. On release, the status of my orders was changed to 'shipped' so I thought 'Good News !' a number of weeks later I still haven't received my steelbooks. I've now started to notice resellers selling this title on eBay....but I'm patient with understanding customs & transit delays etc. However, a number of days have now elapsed so I decided to to chase up my orders. The first two emails I sent were completely ignored. After sending a third email. Tony eventually gets back to me with some nonsense about 'Paygate' (their credit card processor) putting my card on a 'blacklist' & that I'd have to use Paypal instead (without telling me how I can do this on a 'completed' order) . I guess you can blacklisted sometimes & every credit card processor has it's methods of assessing risk etc (moreso if you live in a different country) , but it's a pretty poor do to be charged for these items & not to be given a refund, & for the company to confuse you by changing the status of the orders to 'shipped' & for them not to get back to you until you've mithered them three times. I've asked Tony how I was able to use my credit card & be charged for the goods if I was on a supposed blacklist & I am now waiting for a reply..
Is there not a tracking number showing in your order history if your items ordered are listed as been shipped
Tracking number would be beside the order status in your order history

The orders say 'shipped' with no tracking number next to them. Tony has just got back to me, with no explain as to how things have come about, only to say he will be arranging 'refunds' for these orders. I'm a bit shocked at the level of service & the appalling lack of communication from kimchidvd, I thought zavvi were quite bad.

I've also asked him if I can keep the orders & pay with PayPal after I have received my refund but my email is now rejecting, so I'm not sure if there's a problem with their email server or if he's blocked me.

i have a couple of kimchi products but are still sealed - part of me think i should maybe open then and inspect if people are having these kind of issues

I order Fury and Black Hawk Down when it was live and I have no idea what I chose but it shows CASH in Payment method. I always pay PAYPAL. Cen I change it? because they dont answer me yet... :( I contact with them on 11.03 and I got no replies yet...

I order Fury and Black Hawk Down when it was live and I have no idea what I chose but it shows CASH in Payment method. I always pay PAYPAL. Cen I change it? because they dont answer me yet... :( I contact with them on 11.03 and I got no replies yet...
You can't change the payment method of your order yourself.

You need to either:

1) request a PayPal invoice from Tony to pay for your order

2) send a "goods and services" payment (your order number in the Note field won't hurt) for your order to Tony's PayPal account ([email protected]) and then email the payment details (transaction id, timestamp, Note) to Tony.

Either should work fine, but you'll possibly get quicker results with the latter method.

Reactions: Montana
Just to keep peeps posted: several days have now elapsed & my credit card still hasn't been refunded, despite sending Tony a couple more emails. Come to think of it, I don't think Zavvi's Customer Service was this bad. How can a company take your pre-orders, charge your credit card, changed the status of your pre-orders to 'shipped' on release day, NOT ship your goods, not refund your credit card, not contact you to to advise of a problem but wait for you to make contact with them & their response ? 'Your credit card has been blacklisted' !

The orders say 'shipped' with no tracking number next to them. Tony has just got back to me, with no explain as to how things have come about, only to say he will be arranging 'refunds' for these orders. I'm a bit shocked at the level of service & the appalling lack of communication from kimchidvd, I thought zavvi were quite bad.

I've also asked him if I can keep the orders & pay with PayPal after I have received my refund but my email is now rejecting, so I'm not sure if there's a problem with their email server or if he's blocked me.

Reactions: MrNano
Its been nearly two years since I was told by Tony I would recieve a replacement copy of a terribly damaged Rush Steelbook I got from them. Never seen a package or even the confrimation shipping number I was told I would get. Im about to message again. Not letting them get away with my money!

Is the email still [email protected]?