KimchiDVD - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc about this retailer here.

List of Kimchidvd.com Exclusives HERE

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Kimchidvd?
A)Welcome to KIMCHI DVD
Q) I haven't mastered Korean yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Turn on Google translate >> Login >> click on "If members to join ..." >> fill in EVERY box >>
click on this box to ensure your member ID is available:
rsz_button.jpg
>> Sign up!

You don't need to use Google Translate to register, provided you use the English registration link.
You need to enter both a Celluar phone (mobile) and Telephone number when registering/placing an order, however they can both be the same number (I don't have a home phone number, so always use my mobile number).
Numbers should be entered without a proceeding 0 and you do not need to enter your country code (KimchiDVD add it automatically to your parcel label).

So a UK phone (01452 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 1452 Phone Number : 123123

A UK mobile (07847 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 7847 Phone Number : 123123

If you have already registered, afterlogging in you can update your address/phone numbers here.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example to UK: (1 x steelbook)

K-Packet is tracked and one Steelbook to UK (with a weight of 450g - which is the typical weight for a lenticular) costs $10.81.
On average it takes around 7 days after dispatch to arrive in the UK - I always use K-Packet when placing orders and my orders have always arrived safely.

I'm not sure if it's insured or not (there's no mention) but assuming you pay via PayPal, their guarantee will cover you if you don't receive your order for some reason.

You can track your K-Packet order using this website, however tracking information isn't always accurate after leaving Korea (e.g. sometimes it doesn't update again before it's delivered, or even after if your postman doesn't bother getting a signature).

EMS $21.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)
TNT Premium $37.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe, see below: (Thanks to SBC28 for pics)

A pretty sturdy box, which seemingly took some damage during shipping.
(These are pretty much always the same boxes.)
kimchipackaging01.jpg

Enough space for the item to "breathe", but snug enough to stop it from moving.
(That white thing is the invoice, which i choose to include, since i am in the USA.)
kimchipackaging02.jpg

6 layers of bubble wrap.
kimchipackaging03.jpg

Another shot of the bubble wrap, one sheet (4 layers) removed.
kimchipackaging04.jpg

One minty mint SB, all the way from Korea.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly, you have various options to choose from:
rsz_customs-kimchi.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon order

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card or Paypal

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who can't see the above, it reads:

International Customers

Merry Christmas and Happy New year !!

Thank you for your interesting in our website and our goods.

We are going to proceed the Christmas sale 2016 (Period Sale) from 6th of Dec. 2016 (17:00). to 15th of Dec. (17:00).

If you click the banner, you can find the sale items from Tomorrow..

The orders will be shipped from 19th of Dec. 2016. and the combine shipping is not allowed...

Regards
Kimchidvd.com

Guys i need some help if possible.
I´ve been reading a lot , trying to find a solution, but there are just too many pages :)
Just tried to make my first order with them, The raid and it follows.
Creating account was easy, and so on. On the checkout, i tried to pay with my card, but no payment link appeared.
When i go to my order status apears like this:
016-12-09 05:35:28 US$ 74.56 CASH Receipt of Order
Received a confirmation email , saying my order has been made sucessfully , with this:
Item subtotal: $ 57.98
Shipping & Handling : 16.58
Total : $ 74.56
Paid By CASH : $ 74.56

What does cash mean? i didnt enter my card details and my paypal hasn´t been charged!
Help please , and sorry if it´s an old doubt around ;)

@aLLu When you place an order, you should be able to select credit card as the payment method without problems, but it seems that the image links for completing the order with credit card payment are broken at the moment and that makes the payment process look a bit odd.

If the products are still available, you could simply repurchase the items and cancel the existing order (My Account -> Cancel/Refund link on the left) or you can contact KimchiDVD ([email protected]), specify your order number and PayPal account, and request a PayPal invoice as the order wasn't completed.

Payment with credit card works without problems; you first select "Card" on the page where you specify the shipping method, etc., then click "Continue":
KimchiDVD payment method selection 1.jpg

The next page loads quite a bit slower than normal (at least with Chrome) and the "Card Credit" image link is broken, but just go ahead and click that "Card Credit" image:

KimchiDVD payment method selection 2.jpg

You will then be presented a page where you enter your credit card details and the rest is probably obvious.

Reactions: aLLu
@Ranavalone first of all, thanks a lot for your help.
I did exactly what you said, but no link appeared after choosing credit card option.
I´ll just follow your advice, cancel and make new order, once items are still available. Was just confused as hell with no credit card details being showned and recieving an order completed email afterwards.
Thanks mate :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone
Did Kimchi raise the standard shipping cost for USPS? I remember it being $9-$10 for one item but when I added Finding Nemo to my cart, shipping was $14