King Arthur: Legend of the Sword - In theaters May 12, 2017

nefilim

BANNED
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2013
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Guy Ritchie[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Charlie Hunnam[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jude Law[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eric Bana[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Annabelle Wallis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Astrid Bergès-Frisbey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Djimon Hounsou[/ACTOR]

Plot: The young Arthur runs the back passages of Londonium with his crew, not knowing his royal lineage until he grabs Excalibur. Instantly confronted by the sword's influence, Arthur is forced to make up his mind. He joins the rebellion and a shadowy young woman named Guinevere, he must learn to understand the magic weapon, deal with his demons and unite the people to defeat the dictator Vortigern, the man who murdered his parents and stole his crown to become king. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qyXPqzlCWf3T9VEpBtquUQZwsgi.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
I love most of Ritchie's work, so will definitely be checking this out, but the CGI in this looks pretty iffy and OTT.... plus Hunnam is possibly one of the worst actors of our time IMO and watching him try to act always makes me cringe. :pain:

I used to like you.

Hunnam has suffered from using an American accent to much, his natural voice seems to be a weird mixture of some kind of America and some kind of English (when you consider he is from toon land Is surpising) which does hamper him some what.

(Although can think of a few that are way worse).

I used to like you.

Hunnam has suffered from using an American accent to much, his natural voice seems to be a weird mixture of some kind of America and some kind of English (when you consider he is from toon land Is surpising) which does hamper him some what.

(Although can think of a few that are way worse).
Well, I never liked you! :squint: :p

I don't actually have a problem with his accents... they're actually quite decent, especially when compared to some bigger actors who you'd expect to do a better job. It's just his acting "style" I can't stand... I can't really explain what it is about it that bugs me so much, but it's just always so obvious to me that he's trying to act, so it completely takes me out of anything that he's in. (n)

I can't believe how bad this looks.

I love Ritchie but he's slipping massively, that was noticeable from Sherlock Holmes 2, the action looks so bad in the trailers with the fast moving camera work and it looks like he's loosing his signature directing and editing moves

Also the scene with beckham is hilariously awful

@Noodles same mate, Hunnam makes me cringe in everything except sons, can handle him in children of men too but he only has a small role. He ruined pacific rim for me aswel as the b*llend from eastenders doing the worst australian accent in film history

The only positive I can find in this is I actually like the look of Jude law. I will check it out at some point but I'm not expecting anything decent

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Noodles
I can't believe how bad this looks.

I love Ritchie but he's slipping massively, that was noticeable from Sherlock Holmes 2, the action looks so bad in the trailers with the fast moving camera work and it looks like he's loosing his signature directing and editing moves

Also the scene with beckham is hilariously awful

@Noodles same mate, Hunnam makes me cringe in everything except sons, can handle him in children of men too but he only has a small role. He ruined pacific rim for me aswel as the b*llend from eastenders doing the worst australian accent in film history

The only positive I can find in this is I actually like the look of Jude law. I will check it out at some point but I'm not expecting anything decent
Yeah, the film looks terrible... a few mates of mine have confirmed it too.

I actually don't mind the Sherlock films (although I've only seen them once, so need to revisit them) and I loved The Man from UNCLE.

I'd never really took much notice of Hunnam until Pacific Rim, which he wasn't great in, but he gave an Oscar winning performance compared to that Eastenders dude lol.

Sons of Anarchy is actually where I really begun to dislike him though... not only did his acting make me cringe, but I eventually started to dislike his character (same goes for literally all of the characters), so that put me off him even more.

I'll still check this film out anyway, but my expectations are very low!

Yeah, the film looks terrible... a few mates of mine have confirmed it too.

I actually don't mind the Sherlock films (although I've only seen them once, so need to revisit them) and I loved The Man from UNCLE.

I'd never really took much notice of Hunnam until Pacific Rim, which he wasn't great in, but he gave an Oscar winning performance compared to that Eastenders dude lol.

Sons of Anarchy is actually where I really begun to dislike him though... not only did his acting make me cringe, but I eventually started to dislike his character (same goes for literally all of the characters), so that put me off him even more.

I'll still check this film out anyway, but my expectations are very low!

Loved the first Sherlock but the second wound me up. The only good bit for me was the scene where they go to the tower part and they are escaping through the forest. That guy has the massive gun shooting at them

Actually uncle was good, I always forget about that

Haha, I get what you mean. " we need to talk to the Mayans" or "I'll talk to Gemma" - his favourite words

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Loved the first Sherlock but the second wound me up. The only good bit for me was the scene where they go to the tower part and they are escaping through the forest. That guy has the massive gun shooting at them

Actually uncle was good, I always forget about that

Haha, I get what you mean. " we need to talk to the Mayans" or "I'll talk to Gemma" - his favourite words
I definitely need to revisit Sherlock then, because I can't remember that scene at all lol.

Yeah, love the humour in UNCLE. Looking forward to the sequel!

Oh God, I can hear him saying those lines now and it's annoying me. Couldn't stand Gemma! :wtf:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I definitely need to revisit Sherlock then, because I can't remember that scene at all lol.

Yeah, love the humour in UNCLE. Looking forward to the sequel!

Oh God, I can hear him saying those lines now and it's annoying me. Couldn't stand Gemma! :wtf:

Sherlock 2 imo it had its moments but overall it's all over the place. The first is great though and I heard he was rushed with the 2nd because of the success of the 1st. He was going to do something else (apparently) and it does feel rushed and all over the place. But that particular scene when the are running through the forest is epic and has the Richie style.

I've only seen uncle once. Need to watch it again. Got that lovely yellow steel so I may even pop it in tonight. Didn't realise there was a sequel in the works but it makes sense

Hahaha, he's a Geordie ain't he?
His American isn't the best but I can handle him in sons. For what it is it's decent - it's like a upmarket channel 5 series and some mad sh*t does happen. Love tig, and Pearlman is such a c*nt lol

Yeah Gemma does my nut in a bit but I still would lol

Last edited:
Almost walked out this film, but friend wanted to see the end! Its DIRE!!!! A chav'd up King Arthur. Nice to see it has BOMBED epically at the box office so zero chance of a sequel! Major financial disaster for the studio who put £150 mil in plus promotional costs, its not even going to make half that back

I had zero expectations when I watched this. I never saw any of the trailers, so I walked into this blind.

This was so bad. Even the animated Prince Valiant movie for kids was way better than this. Avoid. Save yourself the time. Watch something else, anything else.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Drum18