Base.com - £16.99
Zavvi.com - £17.99

11082219-1423068406-871014.jpg

11082219-1423068406-870952.jpg

11082219-1423068406-870984.jpg

Last edited:
Base list these details of the Steelbook
If correct it is the full ultimate edition

This 2-Disc Blu-ray™ Ultimate Edition that includes all three versions of the film – the Director’s Cut, Director’s Roadshow Version and the Original Theatrical Version – all presented in stunning high definition, with over 9 hours of in-depth special features, including a feature-length documentary that takes you on the epic

Here is the breakdown of the Czech Version on 3 Blu ray Discs:

Disk 1 - Film - theatrical cut ( CZ dubbing ) (145 Mins.)
Sound theatrical cut: English DTS HD Master Audio 5.1, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 1.5DD, DTS 5.1 Russian, Mandarin DD 5.1, DD 5.1 Czech , Hungarian DD 5.1, DD 5.1 VO Polish, Thai DD 5.1, Turkish DD 5.1
Subtitles: English, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Mandarin, Croatian, Czech , Arabic, Greek, Cantonese, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Hebrew, Korean, Polish, Romanian, Slovenian, Thai, Turkish

Disk 2 - Director's Cut (190 Mins.), Director's Roadshow version (194 Mins.)
Sound directors versions: English DTS HD MA 5.1
Subtitles directors versions: English for the hearing impaired, Spanish (latin)

Disk 3
- The bonus disc
Audio: English
Subtitles: English for the hearing impaired, Spanish, Castilian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Japanese, Norwegian, Swedish, Cantonese, Czech , Greek, Korean, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Thai

Even if the Zavvi release is 2 discs, something here is going to be excised or lost- Material, Bit-Rate, etc.

The USA Ultimate Edition was 2 Discs

The Disc 1 has seamless branching of the 3 cuts of the Film

Disc 2 is the extras

It's not a Zavvi exclusive noting to do with them and even when a release is an exclusive the content and design of the Steelbook is from the film studio

This is a Fox UK release

Last edited:
If the Fox UK release is the same as the Fox USA release this is what's on the Discs

Disc 1

• Original Theatrical Version (1080p; 2:24:32)
  • Director's Cut Version (1080p; 3:09:34)
  • Director's Cut Roadshow Version (1080p; 3:13:54) includes Overture, Intermission and Exit music.
  • Seamless branching of the 3 cuts of the film are on Disc 1

Ridley Scott Introduction to Director's Cut Version (480i; 1:01) plays automatically when either version of the Director's Cut is selected.
  • Commentary by Producer/Director Ridley Scott, Writer William Monahan and Actor Orlando Bloom (Director's Cut Roadshow Version Only)
  • Commentary by by Executive Producer Lisa Ellzey, Visual Effects Supervisor Wesley Sewell and First Assistant Director Adam Somner (Director's Cut Roadshow Version Only)
  • Commentary by Film Editor Dody Dorn (Director's Cut Roadshow Version Only)
  • The Engineer's Guide (Director's Cut Roadshow Version Only) brings up factoids about things like the cast's filmographies as the film plays.
  • The Pilgrim's Guide (Theatrical Version Only) does much the same thing with facts about the historical milieu of the film.

• Disc 2
    • The Path to Redemption (480i; 2:21:49)
    • Production Sequence includes video content, galleries and text extras devoted to:
    • Development, including:
    • Tripoli Overview
    • Early Draft Screenplay by William Monahan
    • Story Notes
    • Location Scout Gallery
    • Pre-Production, including:
    • Cast Rehearsals (480i; 13:23)
    • Ridleygrams
    • Colors of the Crusade (480i; 32:14), devoted to costume and production design
    • Costume Design Gallery
    • Production Design Primer (480i; 6:52), more on the film's production design with the Production Designer and Set Decorator
    • Production Design Gallery

• Production, including:
    • Creative Accuracy: The Scholars Speak (480i; 26:38) features talking heads discussing the film's historical veracity
    • Unholy War: Mounting the Seige (480i; 17:04) shows the behind the scenes activity involved in one of the film's big set pieces
    • Storyboard Galleries
    • Unit Photography Gallery
    • Post-Production, including:
    • Deleted and Extended Scenes (480i; 30:09) features optional commentary by Director Ridley Scott and Editor Dody Dorn
    • Sound Design Suite features a fun interactive grid where you can do your own ADR and foley mixes
    • Visual Effects Breakdown (480i; 21:53)
    • Release and Director's Cut, including:
    • Press Junket Walkthrough (480i; 6:17)
    • World Premieres: London, New York and Tokyo (480i; 3:41)
    • Special Shoot Gallery
    • Poster Explorations
    • Trailers and TV Spots features four Trailers (1080p; 2:34), (480i; 1:34), (1080p; 2:34), (1080p; 2:25), and an amazing total of 50TV Spots in 480i, varying from 00:16 to 00:32, many of which trace the film's somewhat bumpy marketing efforts to various demographics.
    • Paradise Found: Creating the Director's Cut (480i; 8:29)
    • Director's Cut Credits

• Archive, including:
    • Interactive Production Grid (480i; 1:23:45), additional featurettes which are accessible via various categories, or playable all at once.
    • A&E Movie Real (480i; 44;28)
    • History vs. Hollywood (480i; 42:55)
    • Ridley Scott - Creating Worlds (480i; 2:37)
    • Production Featurette (480i; 2:18)
    • Wardrobe Featurette (480i; 2:12)
    • Orlando Bloom - The Adventure of a Lifetime (480i; 2:11)

Last edited:
Maybe the Czech Blus had a higher bit-rate by not doing the branching version on one disc.
Curiouser and curiouser...

It's my understanding that Disc 2 of the Czech Ultimate Edition contains all three cuts of the film, seamlessly branched, albeit that this is not stated on the J-card.

The reason for the inclusion of an additional disc containing only the Theatrical Cut (Disc 1) was due to the fact that the newer disc only has an English soundtrack, with sub-titles only in English and Spanish. The earlier disc of the Theatrical Cut had multiple language and sub-title options, including Czech, and was added to make the release more palatable for the Czech market.

The Koreans got round the language and sub-title problems of the newer disc by leaving it out of their Ultimate Edition altogether, and substituting the earlier disc of the Theatrical Cut which also had Korean sub-titles.

Although the Bonus disc (Disc 3) only has an English soundtrack, it has multiple sub-title options, including Czech and Korean, and is, therefore, common to all Ultimate Editions.

Once you've taken the disc of the Theatrical Cut out of the equation, there should be only cosmetic differences between the Czech, US and UK Ultimate Edition releases.

It's my understanding that Disc 2 of the Czech Ultimate Edition contains all three cuts of the film, seamlessly branched, albeit that this is not stated on the J-card.

The reason for the inclusion of an additional disc containing only the Theatrical Cut (Disc 1) was due to the fact that the newer disc only has an English soundtrack, with sub-titles only in English and Spanish. The earlier disc of the Theatrical Cut had multiple language and sub-title options, including Czech, and was added to make the release more palatable for the Czech market.

The Koreans got round the language and sub-title problems of the newer disc by leaving it out of their Ultimate Edition altogether, and substituting the earlier disc of the Theatrical Cut which also had Korean sub-titles.

Although the Bonus disc (Disc 3) only has an English soundtrack, it has multiple sub-title options, including Czech and Korean, and is, therefore, common to all Ultimate Editions.

Once you've taken the disc of the Theatrical Cut out of the equation, there should be only cosmetic differences between the Czech, US and UK Ultimate Edition releases.
Dammit man my admiration for your knowledge grows with every post you make. Respect.:thumbs::thumbs::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Reactions: augustus
-
Are you referring to dubbed languages in disc 1? And if so, does that mean that the inclusion of disc 3 without the additional dubbed languages was to increase bit-rate and quality?
(Otherwise, you would simply select your (audio) language on disc 1 and there should be no problem and no reason for a disc 3).

-

Are you referring to dubbed languages in disc 1? And if so, does that mean that the inclusion of disc 3 without the additional dubbed languages was to increase bit-rate and quality?

(Otherwise, you would simply select your (audio) language on disc 1 and there should be no problem and no reason for a disc 3).

You probably recall that when the Czech Ultimate Edition was announced in this forum back in August, it was originally going to be a 2 disc set. The first disc would contain all three cuts of the film (Theatrical, Director's and Roadshow) with seamless branching, whilst the second disc would contain the bonus material.

The release was going to be the same as the US Ultimate Edition but with the addition of further language soundtrack and sub-title options, including Czech.

In the event, Fox decided, on grounds of cost, to only provide English soundtracks for both discs. The bonus disc was provided with multiple sub-title options, including Czech, but not the main disc containing the three cuts of the film.

Not a problem for someone who speaks English but a big problem for anyone who doesn't. Since this was a release specifically for the Czech Republic, it posed quite a headache for the local distributor, Bonton Film, since they would be trying to market it to a customer base whose first language was Czech not English.

Their solution to the problem was to include an additional disc, the previously released Czech disc, which included multiple language soundtrack and sub-title options, including Czech. That disc, however, only contained the Theatrical Cut. Although the Blu-ray releases in North America and Western Europe had been of the Director's Cut, for some unknown reason, those in Eastern Europe and Asia had only been of the Theatrical Cut.

It's for that reason that the Czech Ultimate Edition became a 3 disc set, as opposed to the 2 disc one originally announced. Obviously, for an English speaker, the additional disc of the Theatrical Cut is superfluous since the Theatrical Cut is also contained on the main disc, alongside the Director's Cut and Roadshow Cut. For a Czech who doesn't speak English, however, the disc of the Theatrical Cut is essential, as it enables the viewer to watch the film either dubbed in Czech or in the original English with Czech sub-titles. Those Czechs who can speak English, of course, can utilize the main disc to view whichever version they wish.

As an English speaker myself, the additional disc of the Theatrical Cut is redundant but I'm actually glad that the Czech release contains all 3 discs, since it makes their edition unique. It's certainly preferable to the Korean one where the new disc containing the 3 cuts was completely jettisoned and replaced with the earlier disc, containing only the Theatrical Cut. How they were able to get away with still calling that an Ultimate Edition is beyond me.

So, you'll see from the above that the inclusion of the additional disc was nothing to do with image resolution and bitrate but simply a case of trying to make the best out of the bad situation they found themselves in.

You probably recall that when the Czech Ultimate Edition was announced in this forum back in August, it was originally going to be a 2 disc set. The first disc would contain all three cuts of the film (Theatrical, Director's and Roadshow) with seamless branching, whilst the second disc would contain the bonus material.

The release was going to be the same as the US Ultimate Edition but with the addition of further language soundtrack and sub-title options, including Czech.

In the event, Fox decided, on grounds of cost, to only provide English soundtracks for both discs. The bonus disc was provided with multiple sub-title options, including Czech, but not the main disc containing the three cuts of the film.

Not a problem for someone who speaks English but a big problem for anyone who doesn't. Since this was a release specifically for the Czech Republic, it posed quite a headache for the local distributor, Bonton Film, since they would be trying to market it to a customer base whose first language was Czech not English.

Their solution to the problem was to include an additional disc, the previously released Czech disc, which included multiple language soundtrack and sub-title options, including Czech. That disc, however, only contained the Theatrical Cut. Although the Blu-ray releases in North America and Western Europe had been of the Director's Cut, for some unknown reason, those in Eastern Europe and Asia had only been of the Theatrical Cut.

It's for that reason that the Czech Ultimate Edition became a 3 disc set, as opposed to the 2 disc one originally announced. Obviously, for an English speaker, the additional disc of the Theatrical Cut is superfluous since the Theatrical Cut is also contained on the main disc, alongside the Director's Cut and Roadshow Cut. For a Czech who doesn't speak English, however, the disc of the Theatrical Cut is essential, as it enables the viewer to watch the film either dubbed in Czech or in the original English with Czech sub-titles. Those Czechs who can speak English, of course, can utilize the main disc to view whichever version they wish.

As an English speaker myself, the additional disc of the Theatrical Cut is redundant but I'm actually glad that the Czech release contains all 3 discs, since it makes their edition unique. It's certainly preferable to the Korean one where the new disc containing the 3 cuts was completely jettisoned and replaced with the earlier disc, containing only the Theatrical Cut. How they were able to get away with still calling that an Ultimate Edition is beyond me.

So, you'll see from the above that the inclusion of the additional disc was nothing to do with image resolution and bitrate but simply a case of trying to make the best out of the bad situation they found themselves in.
Thanks @augustus! :thumbs:
I think that answers just about every question on that subject!!:)
bam.gif

Reactions: augustus
Does anyone know whether this version (sold by Zavvi, Amazon UK and Base) or the Czech version are region-free? I live in the US, so would love to have it region-free. If not, I may have to break down and get a region-free player.
Thanks,
Sam

Do you think there's any chance of that banner being removed from the artwork? It has bothered me in all the releases.

I think I may have to cancel my pre order as I have a feeling this will reduce in price very quickly... Although I then need to decide how quick I want to get my hands on this awsome film and is the price drop worth the wait.

Thank you! Just placed my order.
Someone posted that it will be the shorter theatrical version, & both versions are not included :(
This 2-Disc Blu-ray™ Ultimate Edition that includes all three versions of the film – the Director’s Cut, Director’s Roadshow Version and the Original Theatrical Version – all presented in stunning high definition, with over 9 hours of in-depth special features, including a feature-length documentary that takes you on the epic journey from pre-production to release.

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/kingdo...tm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

Reactions: lgans316