Amazon.co.uk - £22.99
Base.com - £16.99
Zavvi.com - £17.99

11082219-1423068406-871014.jpg

11082219-1423068406-870952.jpg

11082219-1423068406-870984.jpg

Last edited:
Mine arrived today but not a steelbook :confused:

Not sure what Xtra-vision are playing at, because I emailed them over a month ago asking to confirm that it was the steelbook for sale not the standard blurry. They confirmed it was the steelbook. But saying that, now I know why they cancelled my order a day after release, I put this down to them having no stock at first. So sorry about the link.
Going to reorder from amz I think, but waiting for a price drop.

Reactions: orezlyrad
Ordered from Amazon yesterday, just managed to cancel my order :thumbs: and order from zavi with the discount code ZVC5 £10.21 :happy:

worth every penny of that,fine looking steelbook and a great movie.................so much more improved in the directors cut.

If anybody likes this try and give Oliver Stones Alexander a go ,the final cut version,its another movie that has beneffited hugely from a recut and added scenes,particularly the two major battles..............i watched it last night and it felt like a different movie from the slow paced original.

Reactions: lgans316
worth every penny of that,fine looking steelbook and a great movie.................so much more improved in the directors cut.

If anybody likes this try and give Oliver Stones Alexander a go ,the final cut version,its another movie that has beneffited hugely from a recut and added scenes,particularly the two major battles..............i watched it last night and it felt like a different movie from the slow paced original.

not watched it since it came out many moons ago, but i will watch the final cut when it arrives

I'm sure it will never happen but I'd love to see FA do a collectors edition of this movie. For me it's Ridley Scotts masterpiece .

I'm sure it will never happen but I'd love to see FA do a collectors edition of this movie. For me it's Ridley Scotts masterpiece .

I think we've agreed on something again.

It is a much maligned film. In the director's cut there is a lovely majestic pacing that draws you into its own world - much the way Blade Runner does.

I managed to order my copy earlier at the lower price and I had a 10% voucher as well, so nice value at £ 9-67 I think.

Reactions: Phantasmic

Unfortunately, it's unlikely due to the issue of the new disc, containing all three cuts of the movie, having neither a Czech soundtrack nor Czech subtitles, a serious problem for a Czech release, even if a lot of copies end up going to international collectors. The previously released Czech Steelbook had to be modified by the inclusion of an additional disc of the Theatrical Cut only, as that did contain additional soundtrack and subtitle options.

I wrote about this issue in an earlier post. Rather than go over everything again, I'll simply repost it here.

You probably recall that when the Czech Ultimate Edition was announced in this forum back in August, it was originally going to be a 2 disc set. The first disc would contain all three cuts of the film (Theatrical, Director's and Roadshow) with seamless branching, whilst the second disc would contain the bonus material.

The release was going to be the same as the US Ultimate Edition but with the addition of further language soundtrack and sub-title options, including Czech.

In the event, Fox decided, on grounds of cost, to only provide English soundtracks for both discs. The bonus disc was provided with multiple sub-title options, including Czech, but not the main disc containing the three cuts of the film.

Not a problem for someone who speaks English but a big problem for anyone who doesn't. Since this was a release specifically for the Czech Republic, it posed quite a headache for the local distributor, Bonton Film, since they would be trying to market it to a customer base whose first language was Czech not English.

Their solution to the problem was to include an additional disc, the previously released Czech disc, which included multiple language soundtrack and sub-title options, including Czech. That disc, however, only contained the Theatrical Cut. Although the Blu-ray releases in North America and Western Europe had been of the Director's Cut, for some unknown reason, those in Eastern Europe and Asia had only been of the Theatrical Cut.

It's for that reason that the Czech Ultimate Edition became a 3 disc set, as opposed to the 2 disc one originally announced. Obviously, for an English speaker, the additional disc of the Theatrical Cut is superfluous since the Theatrical Cut is also contained on the main disc, alongside the Director's Cut and Roadshow Cut. For a Czech who doesn't speak English, however, the disc of the Theatrical Cut is essential, as it enables the viewer to watch the film either dubbed in Czech or in the original English with Czech sub-titles. Those Czechs who can speak English, of course, can utilize the main disc to view whichever version they wish.

As an English speaker myself, the additional disc of the Theatrical Cut is redundant but I'm actually glad that the Czech release contains all 3 discs, since it makes their edition unique. It's certainly preferable to the Korean one where the new disc containing the 3 cuts was completely jettisoned and replaced with the earlier disc, containing only the Theatrical Cut. How they were able to get away with still calling that an Ultimate Edition is beyond me.

So, you'll see from the above that the inclusion of the additional disc was nothing to do with image resolution and bitrate but simply a case of trying to make the best out of the bad situation they found themselves in.

So yes, a bells and whistles FAC edition would be fantastic but I can't see it happening any time soon, and certainly not before the language and subtitle options issue has been resolved.

• Informative
Reactions: Phantasmic
Maybe not as good as before but back down to GBP 10.99 - but with ZVC5 it comes in at GBP 10.44 . . . and ordered

EDIT 9 / 10 / 15 : . . . and received today.
Good colouring - no 'bossing - but overall perfectly satisfactory.
7/10

Last edited:
Reactions: admiralakbar