Kingsman: The Golden Circle (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

frankfish44

Cule
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: December 12, 2017
Purchase links: 4K - BD
Price: $29.99 (4K) - $24.99 (BD)

4k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the steelbook look any better in 4k?

Interestingly enough while everyone here compares these to Pop Art they fall more in line with the DC comic style ones as they used 2 illustrators who have high regard on their own accord. Personally I consider Pop Art only what Sony does in which they are in contract with Gallery 1988 with that. I wish they would use Glen Brogan for some Pop Art stuff as I love his style tho im sure many wouldnt. His stuff is very "fun" tho.

One example, I have this one hanging in my kitchen of all places haha.

Zp3kkVH.jpg

I consider this bad vector art. It just looks bad to me :(

Unlike the picture you shared

As for Dave Gibbons .... he's been around forever as he's a young 68 years old. ;) You've all seen his work whether you knew it or not. Mostly Watchmen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Gibbons

However if you think about the Kingsman franchise and if you think this art is reimagining etc. You are wrong at least from the source material .... because these 2 artists are the source material!

Kingsman is a British-American media franchise focused on the fictional organisation "Kingsman", which originally appeared in a spy action-comedy comic bookseries written by Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons, colored by Angus McKie, and published by Icon Comics, an imprint of Marvel Comics. Volume 1 of this series, released in 2012, deals with a super-spy recruiting his young nephew to the secret service, channeling the classic James Bond films, and other spy thrillers. The first volume of the series was originally known simply as The Secret Service and was rebranded to tie-in with the 2014 film of the same name.[NB 1]

If they wanted to do this style they should've just gotten the people who do Archer