Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 4) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 10, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - One Click - Pre-order on February 3 at 8 PM (HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $38.99 (Individual Editions) - $155.96 (One Click)
Notes: 2500 numbered copies, for both domestic and international markets. Orders limited to 2 Copies for Single Edition and 1 Set for One Click.
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv

16298867_1282901405153298_2686812020018062175_n.jpg 16266259_1282901401819965_5090072158226925119_n.jpg 16265780_1282902025153236_1193039865573921223_n.jpg 16195508_1282901435153295_1660599155664106368_n.jpg 16174745_1282901321819973_8770947196031108265_n.jpg 16114016_1282901331819972_5827585758419610361_n.jpg
Full Slip A: Numbered 301 to 600
Full Slip B: Numbered 301 to 700
Lenticular Full Slip: Numbered 301 to 900
Lenticular Magnet Quarter Slip (with One Click Only): Numbered 1 to 400
One Click: Numbered 1 to 400

Goodies:

- Full sized Glossy Booklet, Photo Card(5ea), Character Card(7ea) Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker(Faux Leather with Gold Foil Stamping) + Exclusive Lenticular Sticker + Spec Sheet
5. Effects
- Full Slip A: Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Spot Gold Foil + Embossing
- Full Slip B: Glossy Logo Pattern background + Spot Glossy + Spot Gold Foil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip(PET) - Full Sided Lenticular Full Slip with 3D+Depth and Color changing spine
- Lenticular Magnet Quarter Slip - 3D+Depth Lenticular (Frame Size) + Spot Gold Foil + Glossy + Embossing
- Leather Box - High Quality Faux Leather + Gold Foil Logo Stamping + Black Velvet finish inside + Magnet Door
IMG_0777.JPG
16300024_1284063521703753_1924971369273890317_o.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if you understood my post
The lot higher than 50% is in relation to customers who purchase a release to open/use and not purchased to for the purpose to re-sell
As in most purchase to keep and use in their collection and not for the purpose to re-sell and not purchased for some possible re-sale value

It's a minority who purchase with re-sale value in mind as in re-sellers
My apologies but my post wasn't pointed at you, it was toward the person whining about resale value on the Kingsman Manta release.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
I need to ask their Facebook what the deal is with these upcoming copycat steelbooks for Kingsman we've been seeing popping up. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy more people are going to own this fabulous, glossy beautiful steelbook, but I was under the impression this was an exclusive steelbook. Exclusive to Manta. Their design, nobody else's.

I need to ask their Facebook what the deal is with these upcoming copycat steelbooks for Kingsman we've been seeing popping up. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy more people are going to own this fabulous, glossy beautiful steelbook, but I was under the impression this was an exclusive steelbook. Exclusive to Manta. Their design, nobody else's.

Do you mean copycat steelbook art or copycat slip boxes?

Do you mean copycat steelbook art or copycat slip boxes?

Steelbooks. I've seen one posted by HMV and a French one that are exactly the same as the Manta steelbook. They're not strictly copycats as the studios own the artwork used but I'd like a statement from John about whether their steelbook was a timed exclusive or if this takes him by surprise as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: nekromantik

The artwork was originally used on the Japanese poster.

It is in Fox database, so HMV and other retailers can ask the studio for the source artwork and use it. Basically copying Manta Lab's original idea/release.

In cases such as that, where the artwork is in the studio's DB, one retailer from one region can't ask another retailer from another region not to use the artwork.

We've seen it happen before, a clear example being Gladiator HDZeta which was then released in Italy by Amazon...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Skyarcke

It was exclusive when the MantaLab exclusive was released. They have no control over it as the artwork is owned by the Studio and the Studio can do whatever it wants with it.

• Helpful Post
Well Aniv mentioned something a while back regarding the Manta version vs this and said something to that effect that whatever the difference between these steels were which he couldn't mention, when this released it would make the Manta version even more valuable. So there has to be some difference

• Helpful Post
Well Aniv mentioned something a while back regarding the Manta version vs this and said something to that effect that whatever the difference between these steels were which he couldn't mention, when this released it would make the Manta version even more valuable. So there has to be some difference

Maybe a difference in price? :p

Thanks guys. All good answers and I appreciate it. I'm hoping the Manta Labs version has the better finish as that will make it still exclusive in my eyes.

Well, if you compare the mock-ups of the recently announced steelbooks with the original Manta Lab release you can spot one tiny yet obvious difference already: The logos on the spine (20th Century Fox at the top, Blu-Ray Disc at the bottom) are supposedly black, whilst Manta Lab used gold color on those logos, too. Of course this is only a mock-up and therefore it could easily be a mistake in the rendering, but I firmly believe this is a first indicator towards the UK/FR steelbooks being different to the original HK release. Especially after @Aniv hinted at them being different. Maybe they'll lack the embossing or the gloss finish.

ML print is 2K. The usual print run is 4K. Maybe the remaining 2K are now headed to UK/Europ at 1/3rd the price. ML owning exclusivity is BS as the same art was used in FAC slip.

Steel and slips are a little different though

It's like blufans dr strange steel art is wea but it's used as a full slip on kimchis wwa version

Reactions: lgans316
Steel and slips are a little different though

It's like blufans dr strange steel art is wea but it's used as a full slip on kimchis wwa version
Artwork is property of the film studio all manta did was ask the film studio for approval to be used with the steelbook and same as film arena would have done asked for approval to use with their full slip

Film Studio/Distributor the steelbook and artwork is their property and they can re-release any steelbook in other countries at any stage

Manta release only exclusive as a retailer for Hong Kong

No difference to a UK Zavvi exclusive been released in Italy or Germany by the film distributors with other retailers in those countries 6 months or 1 year later

Reactions: lgans316