Kong: Skull Island - In theaters March 10, 2017

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jordan Vogt-Roberts[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, John Goodman, Toby Kebbell, John C. Reilly

Plot: An action/adventure story centered on King Kong's origins.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
r2517Vz9EhDhj88qwbDVj8DCRZN.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Legendary just announced at SDCC that they're releasing a prequel to KING KONG called SKULL ISLAND! :)

Legendary surprised the Comic-Con crowd today in Hall H with a new take on the classic monster realm known as Skull Island. The announcement came in the form of a short trailer depicting a harsh, stormy, green land that culminated in the reveal of King Kong howling into the night. The king is back!

Skull Island is of course King Kong’s home, a realm of mystery and monsters. So while Kong is clearly going to be a big part of this film, the approach looks to also be an exploration of the island.

Does it exist in the same universe as Godzilla? It better!

This was the rare true Comic-Con surprise. We don't even know who's writing or directing the film yet, but we do know it has a release date: November 4, 2016.
Courtesy IGN
kingkong.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Official Japanese poster...

View attachment 291048

This film quite possibly has the great posters I've ever seen. If the Japanese Blu-ray of Kong features this art, I'm definitely in! :thumbs:

Check it out, @bloodsnake007!

I honestly can't think of a single movie that has produced this many awesome looking posters... something tells me that they're not quite done yet either!
@tridon and @Noodles This and the 'Apocalypse Now' inspired posters are by far the BEST I've ever seen! :drool: :photo: I even shared them on my IG account! :hungry: Seriously, I can't wait to see this film! :drool: Just 1 month to go! :notworthy:

And speaking of posters, here are 2 new ones!
kong--skull-island-chinese-poster.jpg kong imax.jpg

:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
@tridon and @Noodles This and the 'Apocalypse Now' inspired posters are by far the BEST I've ever seen! :drool: :photo: I even shared them on my IG account! :hungry: Seriously, I can't wait to see this film! :drool: Just 1 month to go! :notworthy:

And speaking of posters, here are 2 new ones!
View attachment 291550 View attachment 291551

:thumbs:

That Chinese one is probably my least favourite out of all of them so far, but the new 'sunset poster' is striking! It's my new favourite out of the bunch. Looks like the two IMAX posters are the winners (followed closely by the Japanese kaiju poster)! :D

Official Japanese poster...

View attachment 291048
Skull island poster game is on point.

Mondo would be pushed to beat this stuff.
This film quite possibly has the great posters I've ever seen. If the Japanese Blu-ray of Kong features this art, I'm definitely in! :thumbs:

Check it out, @bloodsnake007!
I honestly can't think of a single movie that has produced this many awesome looking posters... something tells me that they're not quite done yet either!

Literally just seen the Japanese poster and I'm blown away!!!

Serioulsy this film deserves some kind of award for its poster art work. Best I've seen for a film. Actually personally it's up there with inherent vice for me with poster art

There's so many i want on slips but if I had to choose it would be between the apocalypse now style or this Japanese version. Too good

Kong: Skull Island Has An ‘Awesome’ Post-Credits Scene
Source: ScreenRant.com
After attending a screening of the film, Kellvin Chavez, the editor in chief at Splash Report, revealed on Twitter that the film will have a post-credit scene attached, and he makes it sound as though it will be worth the few extra minutes in theaters.

You saving up your money for Blu-ray releases? Just wondering because if all of these posters get slipcovers or SteelBooks, we're talking big bucks! :p
@tridon Funny that you mention this because I was going to send you a message on IG about that! :hilarious: Think of all the possibilities! :woot: I just hope Japan releases a bad ass exclusive with that EPIC poster they released 2 weeks ago! :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon