Kong: Skull Island - In theaters March 10, 2017

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jordan Vogt-Roberts[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, John Goodman, Toby Kebbell, John C. Reilly

Plot: An action/adventure story centered on King Kong's origins.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
r2517Vz9EhDhj88qwbDVj8DCRZN.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Legendary just announced at SDCC that they're releasing a prequel to KING KONG called SKULL ISLAND! :)

Legendary surprised the Comic-Con crowd today in Hall H with a new take on the classic monster realm known as Skull Island. The announcement came in the form of a short trailer depicting a harsh, stormy, green land that culminated in the reveal of King Kong howling into the night. The king is back!

Skull Island is of course King Kong’s home, a realm of mystery and monsters. So while Kong is clearly going to be a big part of this film, the approach looks to also be an exploration of the island.

Does it exist in the same universe as Godzilla? It better!

This was the rare true Comic-Con surprise. We don't even know who's writing or directing the film yet, but we do know it has a release date: November 4, 2016.
Courtesy IGN
kingkong.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

@bloodsnake007 FRANKY! Get in here!!! :p
DAMN! :OMG:
giphy.gif

@bloodsnake007 dude...where you at??? Also can I have @Scary Hair clean up crew up in here :OMG::OMG::OMG:
Excited-GIF.gif

@DADDYCOOL187 :notworthy: :notworthy: .

I thought that was supposed to be a prequel :OMG:. What how rid that go under my radar ? :banghead: :banghead: .

@chunk , @bigfub @Flash @Obi Wan Dandobi @bloodsnake007.

WOOOOWWWW JUST WOOOOWWWW

Still no word from @bloodsnake007 on the trailer... I think he may have passed out from excitement. :dead: :p

I was just gonna post something similar :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Thanks for the tags Ninjas! Yesterday I watched this trailer several times on my big screen TV with the Surround Sound blasted super high! :woot: I say goddamn this looks fu**ing GREAT! :drool: :hungry: I sure needed Ann's mop up crew after the 1st viewing! :emb: Definitely the BEST trailer that came out of Comic-Con! :cool:

The countdown for March begins! :notworthy:

popcorn2.gif

NYCC Poster:
kongskullisland-nyccposter-regular-700x1060.jpg

And under a blacklight:
kongskullisland-nyccposter-blacklight-700x829.jpg

"His mouth is fire; his roar the floodwater; his breath is death. Enlil made him guardian of the Cedar Forest, To frighten off the mortal who would venture there. BUT WHO WOULD VENTURE THERE?"
Awesome! :woot: I really like these black light hidden secrets! :cool: That message gave me chills! :ohno: :hungry:

What the ****!!!!! How did I miss this trailer!!! Serioulsy? Completely missed it

This looks absolutely amazing!!!! The whole cast look great and hiddleston looks awesome. Loving his look and hair.

This looks like it's going to p*ss over jacksons version. Sorry for all that are big fans (and I do enjoy that version) but this looks very well made. Can't wait

Kongs a beast!!!

@Flloydo There, I fixed it for you ;) :thumbs: :D

It makes it sound like I'm against jacksons and I'm not but this looks a hell of a lot better. That helicopter scene from the inside with the guy holding on :OMG:
Looks a bit darker and grittier plus I think his has a much better cast, Goodman looks like he's lost quite a lot of weight too.

Although I do love the dino fight in jacksons

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
It makes it sound like I'm against jacksons and I'm not but this looks a hell of a lot better. That helicopter scene from the inside with the guy holding on :OMG:
Looks a bit darker and grittier plus I think his has a much better cast, Goodman looks like he's lost quite a lot of weight too.

Although I do love the dino fight in jacksons
@Flloydo Peter Jackson's KONG has a very special place in my heart (and it always will)! :drool: But I'm so fu**ing crazy EXCITED to see this next year! :woot: I agree, that helicopter scene looks bad ass! :cool: :hungry: :thumbs:

And also some words from director Jordan Vogt-Robert about designing their version of the monster:
“With Kong, there’s been obviously so many different versions of him in the past and ours needed to feel unique to our film. I had a mandate that I wanted a kid to be able to doodle him on the back of a piece of homework and for his shapes to be simple and hopefully iconic enough that, like, a third grader could draw that shape and you would know what it is. A big part of our Kong was I wanted to make something that gave the impression that he was a lonely God, he was a morose figure, lumbering around this island.”
F**K YEAH! :woot: He looks vicious! Me likey! :drool: :hungry: :notworthy:

Thanks for the tag @Noodles :thumbs:
Yep, definitely very ferocious looking!

I'll have to see him in motion. At the moment, by looking at that pic, I definitely prefer the look of 2005 Kong. This pic -- to me -- screams Planet of the Apes, not King Kong.
Same... I'm still preferring PJ's Kong at the moment. However, I think the one above looks more fearsome, but I keep thinking of Bigfoot every time I look at it. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
And also some words from director Jordan Vogt-Robert about designing their version of the monster:

Same... I'm still preferring PJ's Kong at the moment. However, I think the one above looks more fearsome, but I keep thinking of Bigfoot every time I look at it. :p

Interesting that Vogt-Robert wanted kids to doodle Kong and that's why he's so simple looking. I do like the way he looks -- the design is close to that of the original 1933 film. I guess it's just that he looks CGI to me whereas Jackson's Kong still used a lot of animatronics alongside the CGI. Another thing is that the design of the 2005 Kong is a design that I could see go up against Godzilla. This one, being very monkey-looking... it's hard to imagine at the moment. Like I said, though, I had to see him in motion.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles