Krampus (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Oct 20, 2011
Kiev, Ukraine
Release date: April 28, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon.de
Price: €26.99

91I6BTp8zBL._SX385_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm that it has English subtitles.

In fact it has subtitles in 14 different languages. (Finnish is also one)
Is there a point in the film where someone speaks a language other than English (that was subtitled in English in theaters) that is subtitled in German on the Blu ray? (That would make sense for a German Blu ray).
I haven't seen the film - but someone mentioned that at some point someone speaks in another language.

Is there a point in the film where someone speaks a language other than English (that was subtitled in English in theaters) that is subtitled in German on the Blu ray? (That would make sense for a German Blu ray).
I haven't seen the film - but someone mentioned that at some point someone speaks in another language.

I haven't watched it yet. But even if there is, the disc is coded that you pick your country at the very start when you pop the disc in (as is the case with most Universal BD's) so it should be fine.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95

@C.C. 95 I haven't seen this movie yet but I recall reading that in the standard English release of the film, the Grandmother spoke in German at one point, hence the provision of English subtitles. The point of her speaking in German was that what she said would be incomprehensible to those around her.

Obviously, for the German language dub, her speaking in German would be understood by everyone, which rather defeated the object of her speaking in German in the first place.

So, to make what she said in German equally incomprehensible to those around her, in the German version it was spoken in an obscure Austrian dialect, hence the provision of German subtitles at that point.

Hope this all makes sense. This information relates to the theatrical release in German cinemas. I assume that it also applies to the Blu-ray. It is, however, only of concern if you watch the film with the German soundtrack selected.

Yeah, the grandmother speaks German at one point in the movie where she explains some backstory, its subtitled if I remember correctly in the english language release. I've held off ordering this as I've been waiting on confirmation about the language & subtitles & whatnot, but now that I see you pick your country, I'm gonna assume its safe to order & stick an order in.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
Steel looks good but I ended up cancelling and will wait for a drop

I can confirm that it has English subtitles.

In fact it has subtitles in 14 different languages. (Finnish is also one)
Thanks for the verification! :thumbs:

Nowadays I tend to view English language films with English subtitles, the theory being that they would be more accurate. Funnily enough that's not always the case in practice ;):)

Mostly I won't need the subtitles, but it's just a habit after watching subtitled material almost from the crib :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Yeah, the grandmother speaks German at one point in the movie where she explains some backstory, its subtitled if I remember correctly in the english language release. I've held off ordering this as I've been waiting on confirmation about the language & subtitles & whatnot, but now that I see you pick your country, I'm gonna assume its safe to order & stick an order in.

Even if there was no Subs for the German Speaking part (as I saw it without subs), it doesn't really matter as most of the time(if not every time), the Kid translates in English to the others in the house what the Grand-Mother just said in German.

Originally had no interest in this movie, but hearing good things, so will have to place an order- once the price drops a bit! $30 shipped is a little high for a blind buy!

I would love to own this, but still waiting for the price drop! Most new steels on amazon.de are not this expensive, especially with no 3D disc.

I would love to own this, but still waiting for the price drop! Most new steels on amazon.de are not this expensive, especially with no 3D disc.
This may be neither here nor there - but I would have waited on a price drop had it not been for the "limited" tag on Amazon.de.
How limited? I don't know. But I didn't wanna chance it.