L.A. Confidential (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDZeta Exclusive) [China]

Dec 2, 2014
UK, China
Release date: April 15, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Box set (No PayPal or Visa on HDZeta for the time being - Mastercard accepted) Pre-order April 5.
HDN Group Buy: supports Paypal Full Slip - Lenticular - Box set
Price: TBA
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies

Group buy quantity:
Box set - 100
Lenti - 200
Full Slip - 50

Lenticular | Full Slip | 1/4 Slip | Boxset

lenti.jpg FS.jpg quarter.jpg box.jpg
LA steelbook Outside(1).jpg LA steelbook inside(1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Then we have 3 options now :rofl:

1. The boxset limitation number was printed wrong - there are 400 copies instead of 300
2. The quarter slip limitation number was printed wrong - there are only 300 copies instead of 400
3. Both limitation numbers are correct - there are 100 copies of quarter slips which where available separate

@wxlinkswd
Maybe you can solve this mystery? :D

BTW - I attached the pictures of the limitation numbers of each edition ;)

Attachments

• 145657eeya1783izzeyh6j.jpg
    145657eeya1783izzeyh6j.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 239
  • 145748cay5hkk5v53h8ss8.jpg
    145748cay5hkk5v53h8ss8.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 247
  • 145749q5ymzy4ip477pjpv.jpg
    145749q5ymzy4ip477pjpv.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 145745twxx0i3dw1ex0iex.jpg
    145745twxx0i3dw1ex0iex.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: K.i.T and Hooltra
It took a few weeks but they responded and I sent back both damaged Terminator FS and Lenti. I sent them a copy of my shipping receipt. As soon as they received my steels they credited my Paypal account and I got both minty fresh new steels in the mail 2-3 weeks later. I also got a crushed FF7 and they sent a replacement without even bothering to want the crushed one back. I've ordered quite a few products from them and nothing but A+ customer service as far as I'm concerned in the 2 instances I've had problems..
diid you send them more than 1 message on the first time you had ;problems with your orders?

Has anyone posted pics of an unwrapped full slip? I'm curious what kind of treatment(s) they gave it this time around. :watch:

It looks and feels exactly like a Film Arena full slip. The base material is that same soft, smooth matte coating that Film Arena has used for virtually all of their full slips over the past year, with the same embossed and glossy lettering.

I really liked this look and feel back when FA started using it, but they've completely done it to death--now it just makes their releases seem even more generic than they already are. It's depressing to see HDZeta jump on this bandwagon.

And thanks to the handful of people a while back who kept whining in various threads about HDZeta's releases having both Chinese and English titles/text on their slips and/or steelbooks, which led to the complete removal of all Chinese text from subsequent releases--even their company logo from the spine--you can't tell this full slip apart from an FA full slip. At all. The only thing "HDZeta" about the package is their trademark folder inside the slip, containing the extras.

Last edited:
My GB lenti arrived today (Dallas, TX). Extremely sharp lenti image, though not the most exciting transition (I suppose the sharpness is a result of it having no depth at all). Overall, a nice edition. (My first HDZ.)

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
Box arrived today. Like how it was packaged, everything was mint. I opened up the full slip, plenty of pics in the spoiler. The steelbook itself is winner imo. Very happy with the whole set for one of my in the top 15 films ever made.

bOmyOQ.jpg
D5pjNM.jpg

iq6fHb.jpg
PtFM1l.jpg
kj70jR.jpg
81GXrl.jpg
jQ76Ui.jpg
b0pYzD.jpg
x5G53f.jpg
XUO2HR.jpg
no9Uup.jpg
draYqq.jpg
hdyd8T.jpg
GdyokI.jpg
BJN1jB.jpg
8woxVg.jpg
LYmPNV.jpg
ptVLAZ.jpg
kuLB54.jpg
qFFcjM.jpg
iverbt.jpg
XXNdeE.jpg
5pG7Ij.jpg

Awesome pics @spass. its a great package to have I to have the boxset to and it holds a great place in my collection aswell mate.

happy days. :) now got my full slip and i have to say i'm very pleased with it. @spass has already done a great job with the pics, so i'll just chip in and say that the steelbook is a good glossy finish, although lacking any 'bossing, and the overall package is very good. the folder the usual high quality. definitely something to admire. :happy:
giphy.gif

major thanks to @n3wk1d for the GB, and @wxlinkswd for such a swift mailing, too. :thumbs:

one question i did have, @spass, is if you got a Gold sticker with yours, as in your photos - like @cooey, i did not. also, i didn't think i would mind, but i agree with @adarkcorner - it's not obviously an HDZeta release, you do have to look hard for the logo. minor quibbles, though.

• Thanks
Reactions: MGD
happy days. :) now got my full slip and i have to say i'm very pleased with it. @spass has already done a great job with the pics, so i'll just chip in and say that the steelbook is a good glossy finish, although lacking any 'bossing, and the overall package is very good. the folder the usual high quality. definitely something to admire. :happy:
giphy.gif

major thanks to @n3wk1d for the GB, and @wxlinkswd for such a swift mailing, too. :thumbs:

one question i did have, @spass, is if you got a Gold sticker with yours, as in your photos - like @cooey, i did not. also, i didn't think i would mind, but i agree with @adarkcorner - it's not obviously an HDZeta release, you do have to look hard for the logo. minor quibbles, though.

HDzeta decided remove the HDzeta LOGO gold sticker from single edition,because the slipbox bottom already with numbered gold stickers,and many buyes dont want to removed the sticker with the marks.
we will try to print or put a sticker in the folder,but not confirmed,and the boxset will try the metal gold stickers in the future.

The limitation is splitted as follows:
Box - 300 copies
Lenticular - 1.100 copies
Full - 500 copies
Quarter - 400 copies

This would be 2.100 copies in total. I'm sure that I've read the quarter slip edition was only available in boxset?

From reading the total qty that makes 2500 copies. Total qty includes the boxset as 3 editions.

Forget the 1/4 slip as it's in the boxset.
The boxset is 300 x 3 for each FS/Lenti/Quater slip = 900 copies
Lenti - 1100 copies
FS - 500 copies
Total = 2,500 copes

After
A few pics of mine........

View attachment 309857 View attachment 309856 View attachment 309853 View attachment 309855 View attachment 309854 View attachment 309858

I didn't realise that the full slip was made out of that velvety type material we see on Film Arena slipcovers a lot. I thought it was glossy from the previous pics. It's a dust magnet!!

Steelbook itself is awesome. Thanks to @wxlinkswd and everyone involved at HDZeta :notworthy:

Very nice pics. I´m gonna send my Fullslip back for replacement tomorrow, but can´t wait to get my hands on that beautiful glossy steelie. It´s probably another two weeks waiting :cautious:.

Btw I decided to stay with Fullslip instead of Lenti. The more I look at it, the more I like it. And that velvety finish is nice. If you keep your premiums in protective slipcovers, no need to be worried about dust ;)

Got my lenti slip today:

01.jpg

It's a sound edition I think, but not overwhelmingly nice. Hopefully the steelbook is alright (scratches, dust inclusion etc.).

Speaking of which...

02.jpg

I hate it so much when the spine print is misaligned (i.e. not centered). Check the Regency and Warner Brothers logos. The title's also a tad off-center, but it's not as prominent as the logos below. Funny thing is the "Blu-Ray" logo at the top is dead center. I guess they print those spines in several runs or why would some elements shift out of place?

Anyway, thanks @n3wk1d and @wxlinkswd for the GB.

Cheers