L.A. Confidential (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDZeta Exclusive) [China]

Dec 2, 2014
UK, China
Release date: April 15, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Box set (No PayPal or Visa on HDZeta for the time being - Mastercard accepted) Pre-order April 5.
HDN Group Buy: supports Paypal Full Slip - Lenticular - Box set
Price: TBA
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies

Group buy quantity:
Box set - 100
Lenti - 200
Full Slip - 50

Lenticular | Full Slip | 1/4 Slip | Boxset

lenti.jpg FS.jpg quarter.jpg box.jpg
LA steelbook Outside(1).jpg LA steelbook inside(1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this come with the extras that are found on the American Blu-ray?

Also, has anyone here been charged customs or anything like that when shipping to the U.S.? It's my first time ordering from HDZeta.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread and very informative posts .It helped me to consider buying this and I finally ordered after much deliberation

I apologize for this very simple questions but this is my very first order @ HDZeta and I am not quite familiar with these things so I'd request my fella ninjas to help me out clarifying these doubts.

1. I have been trying to checkout the 'Fullslip' edition since last 4 days but was able to complete just now however all my failed checkout orders are still in the order history- is this something should I be worried about?
    Capture1.jpg
  2. Payment was asked in USD but deducted in CNY (quite confusing here-would have been more appropriate if the listing had a CNY price
  3. While completing the payment ,the payment gateway usually asks a security check such as OTP generated to mobile number registered with the card provider bank or password but PayEase simply debited the order amount ; Payment gateways always processed through secured card validation method ;this was always the case with my online shopping experience here on many online international shops but they are mostly being US and EU ones however this is my first Asian one - No offense as the HDZeta is a legitimate business establishment but still I am not convinced with how the things went here ; Esp after successful payment ,this is where the payment success page arrived !
    Capture.jpg
  4. Thanks to the order history but I am yet to receive order confirmation mail to my registered email with HDZeta; Is this something very common? or email will be prompted once the staff reviews the order ,unlike one of those auto generated emails on most of the online shops?

Perhaps I am being very impatient as the time of the day now is not a business hour in China and I should give some time to things to take its own course!

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: 45caliber
Having purchased more than a few times before new online shop update and now after I can say they don't issue an email for any orders being placed...9 orders now and never received any yet..

they do send a email when they reply to messages or are informing you about something else though..

Concerning your orders...if it says payment success then it's done and dusted as the payments are made and cleared at that time..

If it says payment pending with a tab like your image shows with PAY then I'm guessing it failed at the payment processing during checkout and is asking you to enter details..

If don't want them failed orders contact them via the contact link on the right hand side on you account order page and ask the to cancel them though don't forget to include you order numbers :) .

• Helpful Post
Reactions: 45caliber and Eric
Oh and as to currency they used to offer a selection of currency option but now since shop update they only offer USD but charge your card in CNY I'm guessing to keep it easy to manage if everyone pays in the same currency.

Also If you concerned about package value for customs there is a section in the store checkout where you can choose goods or merchandise & value.

I'm in the UK and always choose merchandise value $16.49....never had an issue...and that's even with HDzeta using EMS China post.

Hope that helps a bit :thumbs:

Reactions: Eric
Thanks mate for your time! :)Really hoping that my first order goes well!

Thanks again for your help! 'choose goods or merchandise & value' I didn't know about it! Sure will explore it and keep in mind while ordering my next zeta SB! I have never had that import fee issue except for those DHL Express ones.:grumpy:

I lived in Fife a couple of years ago but now living in Gothenburg.

Must say this- Asian steelbook market is quite huge ! Shame that we in Europe do not have such exclusive steelbook/full slip labels. But hey we have our own glory! no need to mention the retailers/labels:D now!

Last edited:
Reactions: HornyRhino
Thanks for this thread and very informative posts .It helped me to consider buying this and I finally ordered after much deliberation

I apologize for this very simple questions but this is my very first order @ HDZeta and I am not quite familiar with these things so I'd request my fella ninjas to help me out clarifying these doubts.

1. I have been trying to checkout the 'Fullslip' edition since last 4 days but was able to complete just now however all my failed checkout orders are still in the order history- is this something should I be worried about?
    Capture1.jpg
Did this work out for you. I also kept trying to order and was getting failed payment even though funds were available. Did it just work for you all of a sudden? I got tired of trying and paid $8 more to get it through the group buy using the same card. It makes me think their site would be unreliable for popular preorders.

Did this work out for you. I also kept trying to order and was getting failed payment even though funds were available. Did it just work for you all of a sudden? I got tired of trying and paid $8 more to get it through the group buy using the same card. It makes me think their site would be unreliable for popular preorders.

Yeah! Finally it arrived safely [# 479] despite that fact that it was packed in a bubble plastic envelope.Pics to follow soon.

While the steelbook itself worth the money ,everything else like postcards+booklet+numbered card I consider as extras ; I just wish if it were a collaborative work as such Studios collaborated with these folks like HZ,NM or PA and let them allow those extra materials to release commemorative box sets such as the ones by Warner Brothers.

Can't believe it is still available !!

@45caliber- I missed this in my earlier post that I was planned to buy the lenti version however the recurring payment errors caused me not to order and by the time I finally decided to go ahead ,lenti version was out of print (I think it was somewhere like midweek) but I still got lucky as the steelbook arrived without any damage.

I missed this in my earlier post that I was planned to buy the lenti version however the recurring payment errors caused me not to order and by the time I finally decided to go ahead ,lenti version was out of print

You could've still ordered the Lenti through the Group Buy here. I was initially interested in that, but read a number of comments with people saying it was disappointing, so I went with the full-skip. I have a thing anyways where I tend to prefer lentis only for 3D movies and full slips for 2D.

My issues with payment seemed to have been caused by my credit card company blocking China. HDZeta's CS was helpful.

You could've still ordered the Lenti through the Group Buy here. I was initially interested in that, but read a number of comments with people saying it was disappointing, so I went with the full-skip. I have a thing anyways where I tend to prefer lentis only for 3D movies and full slips for 2D.

My issues with payment seemed to have been caused by my credit card company blocking China. HDZeta's CS was helpful.

Thanks for your suggestion ; I've been collecting steelbooks for years now but since I am completely new to this Asian releases I wasn't sure back then ; My immediate next purchases are Novamedia's Kill bill 2 fullslip A, T2 fullslip ,Leon full slip but planning to buy Malena ,(need to keep an eye out for) Kill bill 1 A, Drive and Wrestler on ebay!

Wish any of these labels to release Fullslip SB versions of Fight Club (new art), The Machinist , Eastern promises (CA artwork) !!

• Thanks
Reactions: 45caliber
Thanks for your suggestion ; I've been collecting steelbooks for years now but since I am completely new to this Asian releases I wasn't sure back then ; My immediate next purchases are Novamedia's Kill bill 2 fullslip A, T2 fullslip ,Leon full slip but planning to buy Malena ,(need to keep an eye out for) Kill bill 1 A, Drive and Wrestler on ebay!

Wish any of these labels to release Fullslip SB versions of Fight Club (new art), The Machinist , Eastern promises (CA artwork) !!
I got the Kill Bill 1 + 2 Slip As directly from Nova just a couple weeks ago. Manta has a Fight Club coming out with new art:

I would expect a full slip in the mix.

• Thanks
Hey thanks again.. I am in but must say not a great art work if this is going to be the final but I am expecting to see
Marla singer
at inside art or post card !!

@wxlinkswd

Hello,

My problem is that the glue on the back is getting loose and off from the L.A. Confidental and BvS boxsets. I only noticed this in these cases, considering all the Hdzeta boxes. What can we do now? Why are they making such a bad quality like nowdays? Is anyone, who might know what to do? I tried to fix it with double sided tape but it's not really helping. It is really annoying in view of all the boxssets are not cheap.

@Killi Zoltan

My Avengers Nova Full slip has the same problem. The folds on the top and bottom are getting loose and the only way is to fix is by re-gluing. Like discs going bad all a sudden, looks like this will be another headache for collectors.

@Igans316

Oh, that's great...
So we are spending a lot of money to get them and what do we get? Only substandard quality products... These things make me thinking to stop collecting these editions.
What kind of glue are you using for this?

@Igans316

Oh, that's great...
So we are spending a lot of money to get them and what do we get? Only substandard quality products... These things make me thinking to stop collecting these editions.
What kind of glue are you using for this?

I haven't decided on the glue. I will try to post pictures of the anomalies tonight. I know people hate talking about value but issues like this is not good news for collectors and for reselling down the line if we decide to get rid of it.

Reactions: Killi Zoltan
By the way what really makes me angry is that those people who should take responsibility for this, they don't give a damn about me and not replying me. They can only take my money for sure, sending me the substandard quality product but taking any responsibility... degrading.