Release date: April 25, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy CA
Price: CDN $36.99
Notes: It's ivory (off-white), not yellow as per advertised

m2223684.jpg

LALALAND_i1_0629-copy.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png
LALALAND0623-copy.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm rolling the dice again and hoping to pick up a copy in store tomorrow. I've been watching the listing on BB for a Reserve In Store as people seem to be doing, but nothing yet.
I'm doing the same, last time I had to do this was Doctor Strange and the manager had told me to check first thing in the morning on the website and I should be able to reserve it. However my local store earlier told me they weren't getting any but I'm just hoping they had no idea what they were doing...

• Thanks
Reactions: Thwip
Very happy to report Canada has the 4K, Blu Ray, Digital Copy Combo Steelbook!!! My Best Buy only had two copies! Explains that high price tag. So happy I came to the store the minute it opened. Took me by surprise since the United States is only getting the Blu Ray and DVD Steelbook.

Attachments

• 20170425_102018.jpg
    20170425_102018.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 279
Last edited:
@Drum18 sorry to be bugging you for more info but just in case, was there anything said on the BB Forum from the head guy you speak with in regards to steelbook releases...is there an update as to what is happening with the delayed Stock ?

@Drum18 sorry to be bugging you for more info but just in case, was there anything said on the BB Forum from the head guy you speak with in regards to steelbook releases...is there an update as to what is happening with the delayed Stock ?
Nothing.
He tries his best but he's kept in the dark most of the time. By exemple, he had no idea that store would have gotten some rare copies...

My best bet is GO OUT and try to get one in store if you can.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and Actarus
Nothing.
He tries his best but he's kept in the dark most of the time. By exemple, he had no idea that store would have gotten some rare copies...

My best bet is GO OUT and try to get one in store if you can.

I checked all the Stores around me and nothing...I guess it will have to do just waiting for my online order :ugh:

Thanks for the update :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
I was able to snag the ONLY copy my local got in, even the staff asked if they could see it before I left because they were completely unaware of it's existence. You know for one of the biggest films of last year you'd think they'd do a larger print run.:rolleyes:

Stayed up till 3am to try to reserve an instore pick up copy but the site never get stock. Woke up this morning at 11 and refreshed site and still said "out of stock" in all nearby stores, so I called the store nearby and they guy said they JUST got one copy off the truck and he put it on hold for me. Just went there to pick it up and the staff there said it is the only copy they got in store. ONE. This is either a very very short run, or the main shipment is delayed and we will be flooded with more later? Who knows at this point....

I do not own a 4K TV, so it is a rather expensive purchase, consider the US version is only $20. But I am just happy I do not have to bug my US friends to help me pick this up for now. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and benay029
My store only got 2 copies in and they were sold out BEFORE the store opened.

Luckily I woke up early and placed an in-store pickup and was able to get one of the two.

• Thanks
Reactions: benay029
My local BB's inventory "hadn't come in yet" according to the sales staff. Thankfully I ran into the General Manager of the store and she was kind enough to set me a copy aside when it did; even went as far as to email me. I took the opportunity to express my concerns over the more recent SteelBook® releases, their lack of stock, online Reserve In Store issues, etc. Perhaps hyperbole, but she took my information and indicated she would address the issues and get back to me. One can only hope; my fingers are crossed.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: kaw and benay029
My local BB's inventory "hadn't come in yet" according to the sales staff. Thankfully I ran into the General Manager of the store and she was kind enough to set me a copy aside when it did; even went as far as to email me. I took the opportunity to express my concerns over the more recent SteelBook® releases, their lack of stock, online Reserve In Store issues, etc. Perhaps hyperbole, but she took my information and indicated she would address the issues and get back to me. One can only hope; my fingers are crossed.

This is about the 4th steelbook this year where I have had issues with their system and them telling me they wouldn't even be getting it in. Thanks to my persistence and arriving early or release days I've been able to get one of the extremely limited quantities they have on hand.

I've been filling out the surveys stating the same concerns, even got contacted by one of the managers who has been trying help in the same way. The managers seem to get it but it seems like most of the actual decisions are being made at HO level (including centralized buying) where they don't get the same interactions as staff on the floor do.

Literally the only thing I buy at BB anymore is steelbooks from time to time because their selection in store shrinks every time I go in, it really sucks because I'd much rather buy in a brick and mortar store than online even if it is for a few dollars more it supports the people living and working in my community.

• Thanks
Reactions: Thwip
This is about the 4th steelbook this year where I have had issues with their system and them telling me they wouldn't even be getting it in. Thanks to my persistence and arriving early or release days I've been able to get one of the extremely limited quantities they have on hand.

I've been filling out the surveys stating the same concerns, even got contacted by one of the managers who has been trying help in the same way. The managers seem to get it but it seems like most of the actual decisions are being made at HO level (including centralized buying) where they don't get the same interactions as staff on the floor do.

Literally the only thing I buy at BB anymore is steelbooks from time to time because their selection in store shrinks every time I go in, it really sucks because I'd much rather buy in a brick and mortar store than online even if it is for a few dollars more it supports the people living and working in my community.

I couldn't agree more, I've been purchasing SteelBooks® from BB/FS since 2008; always by driving to my brick and mortar location on Tuesday mornings. Obviously, I've had to order the Online Only ones when needed, and there have been the occasional hiccups and bumps throughout the years; but as a rule of thumb, there was always inventory in store to buy if you were aware enough to go there at opening on release day; as it should be. For the last 3 to 5 SteelBook® releases, that simply hasn't been the case. I've run into no stock, limited stock (where I've missed out), in stock at one location, but not at another, etc. I've driven to more BB locations in the past 6 months than I have had to in the past 6 years.

Hopefully, someone from BB trolls these forums, or just perhaps the General Manager I met today will make good on her promise to investigate the issues, or something else entirely will lead to a better SteelBook® experience at BB.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: benay029
Steelbook looks lovely (even if it's ivory / white instead of the clotted cream in the OP).
Unboxings a bit confusing as looks to me like two different shades with one looking very white and the other less so . . . more ivory. . . . but probably more down to the lighting conditions than anything . . . unless there really are two different shades for this steelbook for The Americas (?)

Anyway, cool, smart minimalist design evoking the look and feel of the times.
Glossy as they come.

IVORY

WHITE

Various in-hand pics of the steelbook . . . and comparison pics with a true white steelbook:-
II
V
v1BhmCZ.jpg

dc49e3e6d41b0254ad8a830639a8c2a6.jpg

f0441c0fae8669fe6e38703fa0c73cdd.jpg

a47dc0014da80c73fbc138f00208bcb5.jpg

17978f36c684b0cd8ac1f9d2252bba73.jpg

0f1e712b5292fff46a01ea9a74a09842.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more, I've been purchasing SteelBooks® from BB/FS since 2008; always by driving to my brick and mortar location on Tuesday mornings. Obviously, I've had to order the Online Only ones when needed, and there have been the occasional hiccups and bumps throughout the years; but as a rule of thumb, there was always inventory in store to buy if you were aware enough to go there at opening on release day; as it should be. For the last 3 to 5 SteelBook® releases, that simply hasn't been the case. I've run into no stock, limited stock (where I've missed out), in stock at one location, but not at another, etc. I've driven to more BB locations in the past 6 months than I have had to in the past 6 years.

Hopefully, someone from BB trolls these forums, or just perhaps the General Manager I met today will make good on her promise to investigate the issues, or something else entirely will lead to a better SteelBook® experience at BB.

I really hope so, it's really sad to see a market that helped push the steelbooks and collectors editions start to disappear. The BB I went to is actually a 45 min drive from the one I normally go to which is only a 3 min drive from where I live, I just got lucky that I happen to be working next door to it for the next couple of weeks and they got one more copy than the store I normally go to got... for a total of one copy.

I used to work at HMV (I got out a few years ago now when they company was still somewhat profitable) and I could see the apathy from people about stimulating their local economy and keeping employed and unfortunately that attitude seems to be getting worse and worse. I guess I'm just in the minority of wanting to be able to walk down the street from store to store and get to know the personality of the people working and discovering new music and movies through interactions.

Or maybe I'm just old:p

Steelbook looks lovely (even if it's ivory / white instead of the clotted cream in the OP).
Unboxings a bit confusing as looks to me like two different shades with one looking very white and the other less so . . . more ivory. . . . but probably more down to the lighting conditions than anything . . . unless there really are two different shades for this steelbook for The Americas (?)

Anyway, cool, smart minimalist design evoking the look and feel of the times.
Glossy as they come.

IVORY

WHITE

I'm thinking it's lighting conditions, it would be extremely strange to have two different shades on the same steel, they both also appear to be the US BB version (as there is no french on the card).