Release date: April 25, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy CA
Price: CDN $36.99
Notes: It's ivory (off-white), not yellow as per advertised

m2223684.jpg

LALALAND_i1_0629-copy.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png
LALALAND0623-copy.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever there is a Steelbook BB Exclusive that both Canada and US will carry, it will be the same exact Artwork and Finish on the Steelbook...and by now people should be aware of ''placeholder Artwork'' that the final updated Artwork can be close to release date.

Reactions: monanza
Read through this thread. If its true that most BB's only got 1 copy, then I feel extremely lucky to pickup the one, and only copy at my BB today. Considering this was released last Tues, and today is Sat, it sat there for 4 days, and nobody picked it up. I like the white of the U.S release better, but collectability wise, this is the one to get. Not a single one for sale on ebay, and the 4K will make this much more desirable for future collectors. Now, to go hunt down multiple copies!

Read through this thread. If its true that most BB's only got 1 copy, then I feel extremely lucky to pickup the one, and only copy at my BB today. Considering this was released last Tues, and today is Sat, it sat there for 4 days, and nobody picked it up. I like the white of the U.S release better, but collectability wise, this is the one to get. Not a single one for sale on ebay, and the 4K will make this much more desirable for future collectors. Now, to go hunt down multiple copies!

No it didn't sat there for 4 Days, BB received a Stock to Fulfilled their online Order Friday and some store must have been given a copy on friday for Saturday...so you picked up this copy freshly put on the shelf for saturday opening...believe me this would never stay 4 days on a shelf :thumbs:

...and why would you say you like the white of the U.S. release better...it is the Exact same Steelbook no difference in hands.

I can say with 100% certainty that this steel is not pure white. I held it side by side with the Lawrence of Arabia steel, and this steel has a slight yellowish tint to it. I don't have the U.S release, but it looks pure white from pictures posted on this thread. As for when this copy was put out by BB, we'll never truly know now will we?

Reactions: monanza
@Drum18 @AlienKing one of my Order for this Steel was Shipped from a Store location in Prince-Edward Island ?? o_O

and my other order from their normal Warehouse in Ontario.

Same Date both order were shipped...just don't get why one would be shipped from a store that far as when I checked how many copies they had it stated 1 Copy can be Reserved from that Location (n):dunno:

@Drum18 @AlienKing one of my Order for this Steel was Shipped from a Store location in Prince-Edward Island ?? o_O

and my other order from their normal Warehouse in Ontario.

Same Date both order were shipped...just don't get why one would be shipped from a store that far as when I checked how many copies they had it stated 1 Copy can be Reserved from that Location (n):dunno:
My best guess would be that someone f**** up this whole release by wrongly allocating store and not supplying enough the warehouse. And now, BBYC is trying to recover this mistake by looking for stock anywhere they can.

If that is so, well, I applaud for that as it's real Customer service! :)

Reactions: Actarus
@Actarus @Drum18 That's weird. But as long as they are trying to correct their mistake, we cant complain.

You know what's funny? I got a 'order cancelled' email for La La Land. The reason being 'unable process payment' all the while, the same order has other items that was charged to the same CCard. I even made orders after that with the same CC. However, when i log into my BB account, the order status is 'in progress' and has an expected delivery date of May 08th for La La Land :confused:

Well i'm not keeping the steelbook anyway, but let's see if they follow through.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
My best guess would be that someone f**** up this whole release by wrongly allocating store and not supplying enough the warehouse. And now, BBYC is trying to recover this mistake by looking for stock anywhere they can.

If that is so, well, I applaud for that as it's real Customer service! :)

@Actarus @Drum18 That's weird. But as long as they are trying to correct their mistake, we cant complain.

You know what's funny? I got a 'order cancelled' email for La La Land. The reason being 'unable process payment' all the while, the same order has other items that was charged to the same CCard. I even made orders after that with the same CC. However, when i log into my BB account, the order status is 'in progress' and has an expected delivery date of May 08th for La La Land :confused:

Well i'm not keeping the steelbook anyway, but let's see if they follow through.

as Soon as its delivered I'll give an Update of if to see if it is really the Steelbook...luckily I had placed an other order for it and this one was dispatched from the Ontario Warehouse

@AlienKing that is weird but how come you are not keeping it if you ordered it ? :cautious:

The Shrink Wrap job on the copies I got is simply awful ! It looks like copies that have been on the floor of a best buy store for months, showing at how they have been handled by customers. Stretch marks and so many faint scratches on the shrink wrap. 3 out of my 5 copies I had ordered have Spine Slash, one shrink wrap copy was worn out but by opening it it was OCD Mint, the second copy I am keeping shrink wrap shows wear and tear but I am sure it is Mint under. You would think that this release has been on the floor for months.

The Pictures I saw form the BB.US copies show the shrink wrap as being flawless, so something really wrong with the shrink wrapping is happening for the Canadian Batch.
Apparently they should get more Stock in a Month so maybe the Shrink wrap job will be better on those ones...if ever they actually do come in.

It's a beauty though when unsealed, stunning Steelbook :drool:

@AlienKing that is weird but how come you are not keeping it if you ordered it ? :cautious:
Because i preordered long before watching the movie. :D
But i end up watching the movie last week, and that changed my mind. But i didnt wanna go through the hassle of cancelling one item. That order has other preorders, etc. So i'll be just returning it (IF) i get it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus