United States
Release date: April 25, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99

5807813_sa.jpg

LALALAND_i1_0629-copy.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png
LALALAND0623-copy.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine shipped out today. I'm expecting it on Monday. When did you get your shipping notice?

Mine came in the mail today. I think this is the earliest they've ever sent me something before release date.

yeah, I was surprised, got my ship notice on Wednesday night. I never get them before release day, they usually ship on Friday.

It's really really strange to me see people buy steelbook and watch the film via digital copy... or was it just me lol?

I have someone who gets the UV copies for me early sometimes. I have Vudu set up on my PS4 so it's just easier to pull up Vudu and pick a movie than to go through my collection and find a movie I am looking for. I also don't have a super hi-end set up so the difference in sound and picture isn't huge. Plus once I redeem a code I can throw all my non-steelbook/special edition movies in a box in storage or sell them if I wasn't a fan. I also have an Apple TV so if it also includes an itunes copy I can usually watch any extras through the itunes extras.

A quick look at itunes shows La Land's itunes extras are identicle to the ones on the disc so I may end up opening this to redeem the itunes portion. If I do I'll post pics of the inside.

It's really really strange to me see people buy steelbook and watch the film via digital copy... or was it just me lol?

I've said it before, but I never download any Digital Copies as Studios use this information in the hopes to Pass from Blu-ray to Digital Copies therefore making a higher profit amount. I have also seen Commercials/Previous for a movie Pre-Order for only Digital Format(without the mention of the physical Blu-ray ie: also available on Blu-ray) So Studios are putting money into this and it is just sad. If we keep on supporting DC Downloads for movies, at one point the physical copies will be faded out... the same will happen as it did for CD to mp3 downloads.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
I've said it before, but I never download any Digital Copies as Studios use this information in the hopes to Pass from Blu-ray to Digital Copies therefore making a higher profit amount. I have also seen Commercials/Previous for a movie Pre-Order for only Digital Format(without the mention of the physical Blu-ray ie: also available on Blu-ray) So Studios are putting money into this and it is just sad. If we keep on supporting DC Downloads for movies, at one point the physical copies will be faded out... the same will happen as it did for CD to mp3 downloads.
I've begun ripping my Blu-rays using MakeMKV and Handbrake. For this and DRM purposes.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus
This is a very nicely done release. Would've like a devised title, but it's very glossy, and the colors are actually very nice and clean.