La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 7) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: December 29, 2017
Purchase links: Lenti Slip - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click (Pre-order November 17, 2017 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $48.99 (Lenti - Full Slip) - $54.99 (Special Box) - $152.97 (One Click)
Notes: Region A
Print Run is 2000 units for both Domestic and International. Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click.
Full Slip: 200 Units
Lenti Slip: 300 Units
Special Box: 300 Units
One Click: 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
HDN Group Buy: Live at 2 PM tomorrow (Friday 3 November at 2 PM CST, Central time/US)

23130495_1558761787567257_3067312473449576367_n.jpg 23031709_1558761694233933_6758941504530821347_n.jpg 23031348_1558759534234149_375165741784518586_n.jpg

Last edited:
Full slip is out of stock now

Before @lgans316 comments on nothing is sold out anymore ;) manta do keep a few behind to sell at a later date but given the print run it won’t be many

Reactions: lgans316
Heh I forgot about it, checked it now and still available :wow:. But I decided to pass on this because the price. 49 bucks + shipping 28!!!! for box or 15 for lenti, no thanks. Im most interested in steelbook only anyway, so will pick this up later cheaper.

Or @Flloydo If you get rid of one of the steelbooks later, I maybe take it off your hands If you don´t mind :)

I’ll let you know mate when it’s all in hand etc

I can’t promise anything but you’ll be first I contact if I do ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
I just realized the UK version released in the past has the Region "B" logo on the disc.
Anybody know if the Manta release is region "A" or Region free?

I have other asian editions that have region A in the specs, and end being region free, I don't know if this will be the same case.

I am aware of that but it has both Mandarin and Cantonese subtitles which means the disc could actually be Region A C locked.
Chinese subtitles will very rarely be in Cantonese. Cantonese is a dialect used predominately in Hong Kong and parts of Southern China (although there are differences and you can actually tell when someone opens their mouth). Even though Cantonese can be written, it's not "proper" written Chinese. Written Chinese is (practically) Mandarin. Even if a movie is in Cantonese, the subtitles will usually not match what is actually being spoken on-screen because they will be in Mandarin. Some older Hong Kong movies (mostly comedies) have subtitles tracks in Cantonese though.

The whole Traditional and Simplified thing on the other hand refers to the actual written characters. When the Reds took over China, they simplified many of the Chinese characters in the name of literacy (as well as for propaganda reasons) and this is what Simplified Chinese is. Hong Kong and Taiwan still use Traditional Chinese which is the non-simplified form.

Last edited:
Chinese subtitles will very rarely be in Cantonese. Cantonese is a dialect used predominately in Hong Kong and parts of Southern China (although there are differences and you can actually tell when someone opens their mouth). Even though Cantonese can be written, it's not "proper" written Chinese. Written Chinese is (practically) Mandarin. Even if a movie is in Cantonese, the subtitles will usually not match what is actually being spoken on-screen because they will be in Mandarin. Some older Hong Kong movies (mostly comedies) have subtitles tracks in Cantonese though.

The whole Traditional and Simplified thing on the other hand refers to the actual written characters. When the Reds took over China, they simplified many of the Chinese characters in the name of literacy (as well as for propaganda reasons) and this is what Simplified Chinese is. Hong Kong and Taiwan still use Traditional Chinese which is the non-simplified form.

I am aware of that but my comment was more on a common-sense basis w.r to Region coding. The disc is coded A but it has both Cantonese and Mandarin subtitles. So my guess is this is actually Region A C locked.

I am aware of that but my comment was more on a common-sense basis w.r to Region coding. The disc is coded A but it has both Cantonese and Mandarin subtitles. So my guess is this is actually Region A C locked.
There are very few Region C locked discs in regards to Chinese language content though. The Mainland Chinese home video market is surprisingly and disgustingly tiny, and the majority of their discs are region free. Most Mainland Chinese collectors rely heavily on imports to own any sort of Blu-rays.

Since Mandarin is the written form of Chinese, it would be suitable for Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and China. The inclusion of Chinese subtitles would more likely make something Region A locked rather than Region C at this point since apart from China itself, all the other Chinese language areas are Region A.

Reactions: Actarus
There are very few Region C locked discs in regards to Chinese language content though. The Mainland Chinese home video market is surprisingly and disgustingly tiny, and the majority of their discs are region free. Most Mainland Chinese collectors rely heavily on imports to own any sort of Blu-rays.

Since Mandarin is the written form of Chinese, it would be suitable for Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and China. The inclusion of Chinese subtitles would more likely make something Region A locked rather than Region C at this point since apart from China itself, all the other Chinese language areas are Region A.

This will be my last post on this. :)

Region C: Region which covers the rest of the world including Russia, Asia, and China. So inclusion of Simplified Chinese subtitles on a Hong Kong (Region A) release could mean the disc could actually be A C locked.