La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 7) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: December 29, 2017
Purchase links: Lenti Slip - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click (Pre-order November 17, 2017 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $48.99 (Lenti - Full Slip) - $54.99 (Special Box) - $152.97 (One Click)
Notes: Region A
Print Run is 2000 units for both Domestic and International. Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click.
Full Slip: 200 Units
Lenti Slip: 300 Units
Special Box: 300 Units
One Click: 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
HDN Group Buy: Live at 2 PM tomorrow (Friday 3 November at 2 PM CST, Central time/US)

23130495_1558761787567257_3067312473449576367_n.jpg 23031709_1558761694233933_6758941504530821347_n.jpg 23031348_1558759534234149_375165741784518586_n.jpg

Last edited:
I mean, it's not like it costs an arm and a leg for the leather slip on ebay, but it still holds its value is what I meant.

Also, I think most of us collectors buy the movies we like that have release features and slips that we like. It kind of sucks to just buy ones that you think will jack up in value for re-sale. But that's just my opinion.

It is not. Try auctioning a copy and see how that goes lol.

I mean, it's not like it costs an arm and a leg for the leather slip on ebay, but it still holds its value is what I meant.

Also, I think most of us collectors buy the movies we like that have release features and slips that we like. It kind of sucks to just buy ones that you think will jack up in value for re-sale. But that's just my opinion.

There's re-sellers that are Obsessed with Values on The Secondary Market as it is their practice to sell on there hint hint @lgans316 :p

And there's the Collector who simply wants to collect Beautiful Editions that we will love and be happy to have them within our personal collection...
...and doesn't give a Cr*p how much it's worth on the secondary Market.. all theses talks of what it's worth on the secondary market should not clutter the release threads and should be taken on the ones(maybe the retailer section) that are more appropriate for them @lgans316 :rolleyes:

@Apollon isn't there a dedicated ebay thread to discuss items on the secondary market ?

Maybe someone should guide @lgans316 towards it as it does get tiring to have a release threads clogged up with ebay posts where they do not belong.

There is but some of the posts are valid. At least I don't talk about b**bs, s*x, exchanging images which even the mods are doing.

Reactions: goufcustom
Not trying to start an argument or make it derail further but my take on the eBay chatter is this (and it goes for many things that might derail a thread slightly)

Not everyone checks retailers or eBay threads constantly or at all for that matter and the main steel release threads are most popular. If it wasn't for lgans or others then I wouldn't of found bargains on the bay but then the chatter has to stop at a certain point.... which majority of the time it does

A couple of posts are fine IMO like other things that derail, it's like if opinions differ and it turns into a mini arguement. My understanding is if we don't get personal with each other and sort it out within a few messages then mods are cool with it and that goes for eBay chatter and anything else if it gets too much then a mod steps in and either moves, deletes or edits posts. Thats my understanding

Lgans gets a lot of stick and yeah to some he might bang on but he's also helped a lot of people out whether it's buying or selling. He's certainly helped me out a lot with buying and once with selling

There needs to be some leniency and from what I understand the mods are cool with that. It's what I've been told by DB, wreck, Andy and some other mods anyway

When there are continuous love filled posts towards a release from the same member, there is going to be hate filled and challenging posts as well to counter effect them. That's forums and that's how balance is maintained. There are so many times mods step out the line but no one questions because no one cares and there is the easiest option to ignore. I hope the same level of resistance is shown to everyone who clutter every threads.

When there are continuous love filled posts towards a release from the same member, there is going to be hate filled and challenging posts as well to counter effect them. That's forums and that's how balance is maintained. There are so many times mods step out the line but no one questions because no one cares and there is the easiest option to ignore. I hope the same level of resistance is shown to everyone who clutter every threads.

Good job I'm not admin is all I can say ;)

It would be cool if we got some kimchidvd memento style props with this release. Perhaps a
Seb's club coaster.
or a
Rebel without a cause cinema ticket
Maybe some
'The messengers' merchandise
I'm sure people can think of more creative and fitting ideas but I love little additions that sell the movie world.

Last edited:
It would be cool if we got some kimchi dvd memento style props with this release. Perhaps a
Seb's club coaster.
or a
Maybe some
I'm sure people can think of more creative and fitting ideas but I love little additions that sell the movie world.

I wish kimchi continued with that stuff tbh.

Memento has the best extras

coaster and ticket would be cool

It would be cool if we got some kimchidvd memento style props with this release. Perhaps a
Seb's club coaster.
or a
Maybe some

Having those kind of trinkets to go along with a great steel/slip package would put this release into absolute MUST own territory for me. I mean... it's pretty much already there, as I'm hoping every single day to see what Manta's gonna go with!

Little update from MantaLab.
Still no beauty shot but design has been sent and they are waiting for the approval.
Release date: Early September
tc4vnLU.png

This is probably the release I'm most excited for. The most excited I've been in a long time. I cannot wait to see what Manta does with the steel and the slips. There are so many ways to go with this... I cannot wait.