La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 7) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: December 29, 2017
Purchase links: Lenti Slip - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click (Pre-order November 17, 2017 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $48.99 (Lenti - Full Slip) - $54.99 (Special Box) - $152.97 (One Click)
Notes: Region A
Print Run is 2000 units for both Domestic and International. Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click.
Full Slip: 200 Units
Lenti Slip: 300 Units
Special Box: 300 Units
One Click: 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
HDN Group Buy: Live at 2 PM tomorrow (Friday 3 November at 2 PM CST, Central time/US)

23130495_1558761787567257_3067312473449576367_n.jpg 23031709_1558761694233933_6758941504530821347_n.jpg 23031348_1558759534234149_375165741784518586_n.jpg

Last edited:
Not any more. I'm sure eBay will be flooded with those now this has been released........

I hope you're right. I'd replace the Manta steelbook with the UK steel if I could get it for a more reasonable price than what it's currently going for - or at least up until today.

Thanks for the tag @Stygian , but I will pass on this even though the double lenti is pretty nice and I believe the steelbook will be a beauty, but I already have the UK one which cost me left arm, so that price here kill it for me, 49 bucks is just too much for catalogue title already, geez it´s priced as Marvel/Disney o_O. I like this movie, but not as much as I would spend another 65 bucks on it.

I noticed after I tagged you that you were passing. I originally thought you missed it.

I bought 1 when I missed out on Wonder Woman. I still haven't seen the movie but I figured I go for it anyway.

Smart marketing by Manta Lab. Adding Wonder Woman stock at the same time they released La La Land.
I wonder how many others out there did the same - buying La La Land when they wanted Wonder Woman.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Not any more. I'm sure eBay will be flooded with those now this has been released........

I think the UK one will end up more valued after all. It´s just a perfect steelbook all around. Gonna sound like my friend @lgans316 now :p:D , but I think this manta release end up selling way down under the cost and UK one stays a king. But I can be wrong of course :whistle::coffee:

Btw one UK just finished today for 56 excl. shipping :whistle:

I think the UK one will end up more valued after all. It´s just a perfect steelbook all around. Gonna sound like my friend @lgans316 now :p:D , but I think this manta release end up selling way down under the cost and UK one stays a king. But I can be wrong of course :whistle::coffee:

What does the UK steel look like?

Thought this was going live an hour later than it did. Looks like the one click wasn’t too popular, so I lucked out. Came out $10 more shipped than the Wonder Woman OC.

Seems a bit pricey considering the WW OC includes an additional pair of 3D discs, a 4K disc, and an MDF box. I guess being the only La La Land premium on the market may have led to the heftier price tag. Logan and WW both had direct competition when they went live, after all.

It looks better than this for sure lol. It was a trade wide release in the UK. Check YouTube or HDN La La Land UK Steelbook thread.

I reluctantly ordered the Lenti for formality sake. Will put the 4K UHD disc and making this my own Ultimate Edition.

I am sure the end product will look beautiful like most of the ML releases but the high pricing is not helping ML releases any bit at all.

Btw, I don't believe in Sold Out nonsense these days as there are always quite a lot of them lying around elsewhere.

Btw, I don't believe in Sold Out nonsense these days as there are always quite a lot of them lying around elsewhere.
Well, at least it's (Lenti + Full) sold out from the shop right now, but they do keep a minor quantity for replacements and in case of overselling, yes. Also I believe there is somewhat of a retailer stock for selling copies in Hongkong locally?

Anyway for those who have missed out, you can still get it when they restock the remaining quantities with the next pre order.

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName

I agree. UK edition is an absolute beauty :drool: I'm not convinced Manta's will surpass it but it'll be interesting seeing them side by side :cigar: Should be awesome :D
Check out this awesome post buddy... :whistle:;)

I get what some of the member say, that we have seen the artworks on other editions or movie items, but it is not the first time this happens.

With the finishing touches/treatment that manta will have used on the slips, I am sure in hands they will be special.
When I got my US Amaray I was expecting them to be a lenticular by the way it was advertised but it was not.
So looking very much forward to this whole package...
Whatever Steel we decide to swap with this edition, or the Manta one that comes with it, it will just be rockin' in every way :smuggrin:

So happy finally ordered this gem :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
My first idea was to buy the special box, although I was hesitant to buy one click. When I was going to buy the special box the shipping cost was 27,5, so I changed my mind and bought one click. The price for me for the special box edition was 82,5 with shipping cost including.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian and Actarus
From what I’ve been told the full slip could be very special (hence why I’ve double dipped with a full slip and lenti too which I never do)

2 choices though with different finishes and they are deciding on what one they prefer.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I hope the boxset has a nice look because in the mockup it looks pretty boring and plain. Wish they would give us a preview of the real thing.