La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 7) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: December 29, 2017
Purchase links: Lenti Slip - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click (Pre-order November 17, 2017 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $48.99 (Lenti - Full Slip) - $54.99 (Special Box) - $152.97 (One Click)
Notes: Region A
Print Run is 2000 units for both Domestic and International. Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click.
Full Slip: 200 Units
Lenti Slip: 300 Units
Special Box: 300 Units
One Click: 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
HDN Group Buy: Live at 2 PM tomorrow (Friday 3 November at 2 PM CST, Central time/US)

23130495_1558761787567257_3067312473449576367_n.jpg 23031709_1558761694233933_6758941504530821347_n.jpg 23031348_1558759534234149_375165741784518586_n.jpg

Last edited:
No One Mentioned The WEA Disk Artworks ??? It's Superb :woot: To have made them look like a Vinyl Record is really a nice touch :drool:
I was too in awe of the shooting star scratches to bother commenting on the disks :p Steelbook matters first and foremost and once again, Manta have failed BIG time in the QC department :facepalm::(

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Covcraig
I was too in awe of the shooting star scratches to bother commenting on the disks :p Steelbook matters first and foremost and once again, Manta have failed BIG time in the QC department :facepalm::(

I was very surprised my 1-Click has no Scratches whatsoever, just a nice big ding back of one of the steel :blackeye:

...but they will be moving to Scanavo Denmark, Hopefully these Quality Issues will be resolved.

Sorry to hear about your Scratched one, I know it sucks :grumpy:

Reactions: Mickle_89
I was very surprised my 1-Click has no Scratches whatsoever, just a nice big ding back of one of the steel :blackeye:

...but they will be moving to Scanavo Denmark, Hopefully these Quality Issues will be resolved.

Sorry to hear about your Scratched one, I know it sucks :grumpy:
Hopefully, and thanks. Sorry to hear of your dinged up steel too (n) Are you certain it's not a meteor or some form of unidentified flying object?

• Thanks
Reactions: RMA and Actarus
Hopefully, and thanks. Sorry to hear of your dinged up steel too (n) Are you certain it's not a meteor or some form of unidentified flying object?

at this point who knows :rofl: ...but we should not have to go through replacements...

Also, I found that The Envelop that is within the steelbook(The one in the Box Edition) is way too full(too Bulky) - the envelop corners are not looking nice, all nice and neatly tucked away... They should have made the Box a bit taller (when laying it down) to include the extras that are into the steel. There some minor Quality issues like this, and I tell myself ''well it's a detail'',
but for the price we pay for these editions they should look like they are going to church :angel:

• Thanks
Reactions: RMA and Mickle_89
Opened my lenti just now, please to say its in mint condition, both lenti/slip and steelbook.

I like the that the spine blends in with the slip, almost has if the hills in the background of the slip both front and back meet up with the hills on the spine. Lovely edition by Manta

They don't have get some s*** (and deservedly so) but they put out some of the best steelbooks on the market

• Thanks
Reactions: RMA
Just been told that they'll be sorting a replacement steel out for me with the old factory... I'm sure Manta will be glad to see the back of them!

In other news; John at ML was in a car accident and hurt his back, so he's having to take things slow at the moment... poor guy can't catch a break lately. :(

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry and Sigill
Anyone willing to part with the extra cards and/or production book (the non-hardcover one) from their Special Box Set? If so, PM me for a deal. Thanks!

I received my special box today and think that it's really gorgeous.
My steelbook has scratches all over it as well, I'm really thinking about getting a replacement :/ has anyone experience how long this would take? I think i read in some thread a few months back that some people were waiting months for replacements with the manta lab stuff :(

My steelbook has scratches all over it as well, I'm really thinking about getting a replacement :/ has anyone experience how long this would take? I think i read in some thread a few months back that some people were waiting months for replacements with the manta lab stuff :(

John will offer to send you a replacement steelbook with your next order.
In the Wonder Woman thread some members reported he also offered to send the replacement immediately, but only via surface mail which takes weeks and isn't recommended (probability of loss etc.).

Reactions: Vega

If you contact [email protected] , he will always definitely help you out and have a response and options for you within no more than 3 days. In your case, I would send him pics of affected areas and then he will either 1) Send a replacement on its own through slow mail (about a month) or 2) He can send it out with another Manta Lab Order that’s in stock. Those orders are usually fulfilled and arrive to you within 10 days. Either way, you will definitely get a replacement.

Reactions: Vega
In the Wonder Woman thread some members reported he also offered to send the replacement immediately, but only via surface mail which takes weeks and isn't recommended (probability of loss etc.).

If you contact [email protected] , he will always definitely help you out and have a response and options for you within no more than 3 days. In your case, I would send him pics of affected areas and then he will either 1) Send a replacement on its own through slow mail (about a month) or 2) He can send it out with another Manta Lab Order that’s in stock. Those orders are usually fulfilled and arrive to you within 10 days. Either way, you will definitely get a replacement.

Thank you! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName

This release is the same Situation as Wonder Woman. Manta was only able to order the exact amount of copies for the print run(no extra copies). I also need a replacement Steelbook for La La Land and John asked me to wait a little bit as they need to sort out some extra copies for the replacement damaged ones.

When I see that steelbook, that amount of gloss and colors....Im seriously tempted :whistle:....If somebody wants to get rid of his 1/4 slip from the special box, shoot me PM....

...or I believe we had some kind of "deal" with @Flloydo right? :) In which state are your steelbooks? Did you open both editions?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
When I see that steelbook, that amount of gloss and colors....Im seriously tempted :whistle:....If somebody wants to get rid of his 1/4 slip from the special box, shoot me PM....

...or I believe we had some kind of "deal" with @Flloydo right? :) In which state are your steelbooks? Did you open both editions?

Hi mate

So forgot about that lol

Basically I’ve opened one and there are unfortunately a few marks. I was supposed to take pics on sat but was too hungover and didn’t get time to take some snaps of this and rogue one on Sunday but I’m off tomorrow and will open the other one tomorrow and get some pics. I’ll look at the state of the other steel and get back to you.
Depending on the marks I might have to get a replacement though

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Just had some time to crack open my full slip. Really impressed with everything. Wouldn't have minded a debossed title, but that's nitpicking. :whistle:
View attachment 355411 View attachment 355412 View attachment 355413

Great finish on the slip as well:
View attachment 355414 View attachment 355416 View attachment 355415 View attachment 355417

@misformatt you really captured how truly Incredible this Fullslip editions is :thumbs:

Of all that there is out there for La La Land, This has become my Favorite Edition :oohyeah: The Fullslip is simply Amazing ! So Much treatment and attention to details :wacky:
This will definitely be one of the Nicest Fullslip this year. Plus that Steelbook in hands, oh Lawrd :drool:
The Purple Sky over the hills melting into the Dark Blue with that superb gloss finish makes this a very lush Steelbook. A Must Have :woot:

Reactions: misformatt
Hi mate

So forgot about that lol

Basically I’ve opened one and there are unfortunately a few marks. I was supposed to take pics on sat but was too hungover and didn’t get time to take some snaps of this and rogue one on Sunday but I’m off tomorrow and will open the other one tomorrow and get some pics. I’ll look at the state of the other steel and get back to you.
Depending on the marks I might have to get a replacement though

:hilarious: No worries mate, take your time and let me know, but my bet the second steel is gonna be scratched as well :whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo