La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 7) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: December 29, 2017
Purchase links: Lenti Slip - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click (Pre-order November 17, 2017 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $48.99 (Lenti - Full Slip) - $54.99 (Special Box) - $152.97 (One Click)
Notes: Region A
Print Run is 2000 units for both Domestic and International. Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click.
Full Slip: 200 Units
Lenti Slip: 300 Units
Special Box: 300 Units
One Click: 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
HDN Group Buy: Live at 2 PM tomorrow (Friday 3 November at 2 PM CST, Central time/US)

23130495_1558761787567257_3067312473449576367_n.jpg 23031709_1558761694233933_6758941504530821347_n.jpg 23031348_1558759534234149_375165741784518586_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just had some time to crack open my full slip. Really impressed with everything. Wouldn't have minded a debossed title, but that's nitpicking. :whistle:

Wow your Steelbook looks super minty! :drool: Unfortunately mine has several minor little scratches, which can luckily only be seen in certain light. Well nothing is perfect in this world and I try to oversee these imperfections, it makes collecting easier.

Still, hopefully Manta will sort out these quality issues with the new manufacturer in Denmark!

I opened my lenticular edition today:

20.jpg

02.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 12.jpg
13.jpg 15.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg

Wow your Steelbook looks super minty! :drool: Unfortunately mine has several minor little scratches, which can luckily only be seen in certain light. Well nothing is perfect in this world and I try to oversee these imperfections, it makes collecting easier.

Still, hopefully Manta will sort out these quality issues with the new manufacturer in Denmark!

Yes, @misformatt's copy looks flawless indeed. Mine's pretty good, too. It has got a few minor scratches, so I'll keep it like you and won't bother John. I can live with this, and a replacement isn't necessarily always better. Especially when there's not too much to complain about the steelbook to begin with.
Additionally, I didn't know there was the same situation regarding replacement steelbooks with this release as with Wonder Woman. Thanks for clearing that up @Actarus - I'll rather let someone else with a worse copy have a go than trying to get an even better copy. Plus I'm happy I don't have to take the role of a petitioner again. ;)

21.jpg

There're a few more on the front, plus some sort of scuff mark, but it's really tiny (and I reached the limit of images I was able to attach, lol).

Last edited:
After watching this approx. 15 minutes my wife and i decided that we don‘t want to watch this any longer. Jesus, these 15 minutes were really stressfull. Does it get better?
I thought it would be a good idea to order the lenti edition for my wife :cold::LOL:

After watching this approx. 15 minutes my wife and i decided that we don‘t want to watch this any longer. Jesus, these 15 minutes were really stressfull. Does it get better?
I thought it would be a good idea to order the lenti edition for my wife :cold::LOL:
IMO it "gets better" when you've become more invested in the characters. That said, it's a light-hearted (for the most part), beautiful film about two dreamers. If you don't enjoy that type of stuff, it probably won't get better. Though, IMO, you're depriving yourself of a great film if you don't at least finish it.

Being someone who is not very keen on musicals, First time I watched this movie, I did not care for it so much.

When I watched it again(after having watched The Bonus Material, to understand more what Damien Chazelle what trying to do with it; a throwback musical to the 50's / 60's).
I just loved the second time I watched it and slowly I have become utterly obsessed about this movie :emb: The Score and OST are Infectious (it really grows on you).

Did you get up to that little number of them dancing on the Hill ? This is just pure Bliss :woot:

I hope if you try again, hope you enjoy it :happy:

Tried watching this last year with my partner, when these cheesy bells get out and start singing and dancing on that overpass.. well lets say it got switched off. I'll give it another go at the weekend lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
Tried watching this last year with my partner, when these cheesy bells get out and start singing and dancing on that overpass.. well lets say it got switched off. I'll give it another go at the weekend lol

It changes after that

Suppose there is a similar one not long after but it definitely switches up

That's definitely not the emblematic of the rest of the movie. I generally hate musicals, and when that song opened it up, I would have turned it off were I not in the theater for date night with the wife. However, it changes after that for the most part, and the songs after that are far more grounded and low-key.

Is anyone else still waiting for their copy to arrive from the Groupbuy? Its been nearly a month now since this shipped & no sign of it.

Last edited: