La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: May 15, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £21.99 (Amazon) - £22.99 (Zoom - Zavvi - HMV)
01-414309.jpg

02-414309.jpg
03-414309.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Story time about my copy. It's been a while since I picked up a normal steelbook but I always had intent to pick this one up as it's a film that I adore. So when I found it'd sold out, I went in to every HMV, phoning any I know in any town I could get to.

I resorted in contacting many companies with talks of restocks and details of their whereabouts and though I can confirm a restock isn't going to take place, one kind employee told me they'd search around to see if they could find one on the desk of their offices. To my amazement, they found a copy. Now at this point I was overjoyed at the premise of paying retail for this but they told me because I'd spoken to them so nicely, they were going to treat me to this one, which of course I was very grateful for.

So I send them my address and honestly, until it arrived, I was highly uncertain that this was going to show up. I thought best case scenario it'll be dented up and unsealed, worst case, it'll be a standard DVD, which I still would've been grateful for. But nope, there it is, sealed, minty steelbook.

So basically the moral of the story is, be nice to people:joy:

la1.jpg

Last edited:
Story time about my copy. It's been a while since I picked up a normal steelbook but I always had intent to pick this one up as it's a film that I adore. So when I found it'd sold out, I went in to every HMV, phoning any I know in any town I could get to.

I resorted in contacting many companies with talks of restocks and details of their whereabouts and though I can confirm a restock isn't going to take place, one kind employee told me they'd search around to see if they could find one on the desk of their offices. To my amazement, they found a copy. Now at this point I was overjoyed at the premise of paying retail for this but they told me because I'd spoken to them so nicely, they were going to treat me to this one, which of course I was very grateful for.

So I send them my address and honestly, until it arrived, I was highly uncertain that this was going to show up. I thought best case scenario it'll be dented up and unsealed, worst case, it'll be a standard DVD, which I still would've been grateful for. But nope, there it is, sealed, minty steelbook.

So basically the moral of the story is, it pays to be nice sometimes:joy:

View attachment 322781
Cool story man... thanks for sharing. And congrats, of course! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn

View attachment 322781
Who has a copy just lying around their desk to give away? :confused:

Have you got contacts in the industry or something? Coz if you do that's s distinct advantage! :p

Congrats on your free copy though. :thumbs:

• Thanks

View attachment 322781

Very cool, nice of them to do that

I speak to a few companies (premium & non premium) over email regularly and it can work out nicely sometimes so congrats

• Thanks
Oh you mean dont say anything when someone takes a jab at you when its none of their business in the first place ;) Yeah I will be nice :thumbs::whistle::cigar:

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Mate if you post that you ordered and received more than one of these sold out steelbooks, in a public forum where a large marjority of people weren't able to get 1, you really shouldn't expect much sympathy :)

By the way, instead of taking your request to DM or contacting Zavvi directly on their site, you made a public post which will welcome everyone's opinion :p

Reactions: lgans316
Mate if you post that you ordered and received more than one of these sold out steelbooks, in a public forum where a large marjority of people weren't able to get 1, you really shouldn't expect much sympathy :)

Not to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but was he requesting sympathy? Pretty sure he just said he would pay someone for a mint copy, above what they paid nonetheless. I do get that people might be miffed a bit that he is trying to get another copy, but then they should realize who we are talking about here and how many copies of steelbooks he has helped put in the hands of people here.

By the way, instead of taking your request to DM or contacting Zavvi directly on their site, you made a public post which will welcome everyone's opinion :p

lol ok. no worries :thumbs:

I can't believe this is commanding such high prices. It reminds me of Rush a couple of years ago, which is probably worth about a tenner now.

I can't believe this is commanding such high prices. It reminds me of Rush a couple of years ago, which is probably worth about a tenner now.
Reminded me of 'The Worlds End' buddy where it kinda went under the radar and then in hand it turned out to be great and suddenly, everyone needed to source one. Could maintain the value like that one, or dip like Rush, I guess we'll see

Rush wasn't as bad, similar to skyfall then they managed to find the thousands in stock missing from their warehouse lol.

It was definitely showing as being in stock, didn't mention anything about being available"soon". Where did you read that?
After it went (rather quickly) to "sold out" status.

The whole HMV store seems to have gone to "La La Land" at the moment :naughty:

Edit: and HMV is back online :thumbs: