La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: May 15, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £21.99 (Amazon) - £22.99 (Zoom - Zavvi - HMV)
01-414309.jpg

02-414309.jpg
03-414309.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they don't change that artwork. That is nice and clean. It would make a nice looking Steel. With a movie like this getting the Steelbook treatment, maybe someone will consider a Steelbook for "The Artist". One of my favorite movies and an Academy Award winning Best Picture; with cover art that would be beautiful in Steelbook form.

If there is no word on an exclusive near the release date, I'll be forced to buy the USA version and the steelbook and switch out the discs. I hate doing that, so hopeful of an exclusive, but, if not, I must have a steelbook for this glorious film starring my fiancé Emma Stone.

Looking at the image in the OP got me thinking about why some girls "foot pop" or leg raise during kissing or if it's just something only seen in the movies.
As I've not noticed it in real life . . . I thought I'd look it up and came across some interesting observations as well as some less so . . . from the purely innocent to the definitely naughty.
II
V
- Subconscious reaction to the joy of the kiss and a sign of happiness . . . almost as if the woman is so caught up in a floating fairytale feeling that she's feeling weightless.
- Off-balance on one leg relying on the man for support = outdated image of big strong man and small delicate woman
- Seen a lot in romantic clinches in classic films from the 1940s and 1950s and recently in THE PRINCESS DIARIES with Amelia explaining to her mother “You know, in the old movies whenever a girl would get seriously kissed, her foot would just kind of… pop?”. . . and parodied in the 1980s in THE NAKED GUN when both Leslie Nielsen and Priscilla Presley do the leg lift whilst kissing

main-qimg-8697df3f416825d4693d83555d723d60

- More often seen and more understandable when the woman is leaning back and one leg is extended as a safeguard against falling backwards as seen in the 1945 Life Magazine iconic Eisenstadt image of nurse Edith Shain being kissed in Times Square by a just returned U.S. sailor on V-J Day.
main-qimg-b13083d8a75c913b081ba1de93e8fac5

- A woman thing but also seen in the movies as a man thing for comedy effect such as in SOME LIKE IT HOT where we see Tony Curtis (parodying Cary Grant) telling Marilyn Monroe that kissing a girl has no effect on him so she goes at it with a vengeance while he's on the couch and we see his leg rise (cough, cough).
- A neat way to show that the woman is being turned-on by the kiss when other signs of enjoyment (such as moaning etc.) would be inappropriate as well as a way of the woman feeling closer to the man which is what happens when you extend your leg backwards whilst in a clinch
- In certain countries where kissing was not allowed to be shown on screen the shot of the woman's raised leg was used as a coded way to convey to the audience what was actually going on
- Woman's raised leg = raised something else of the man (cough, cough)
. . . and so on

Looking at the image in the OP got me thinking about why some girls "foot pop" or leg raise during kissing or if it's just something only seen in the movies.
As I've not noticed it in real life . . . I thought I'd look it up and came across some interesting observations as well as some less so . . . from the purely innocent to the definitely naughty.
II
V
- Subconscious reaction to the joy of the kiss and a sign of happiness . . . almost as if the woman is so caught up in a floating fairytale feeling that she's feeling weightless.
- Off-balance on one leg relying on the man for support = outdated image of big strong man and small delicate woman
- Seen a lot in romantic clinches in classic films from the 1940s and 1950s and recently in THE PRINCESS DIARIES with Amelia explaining to her mother “You know, in the old movies whenever a girl would get seriously kissed, her foot would just kind of… pop?”. . . and parodied in the 1980s in THE NAKED GUN when both Leslie Nielsen and Priscilla Presley do the leg lift whilst kissing

main-qimg-8697df3f416825d4693d83555d723d60

- More often seen and more understandable when the woman is leaning back and one leg is extended as a safeguard against falling backwards as seen in the 1945 Life Magazine iconic Eisenstadt image of nurse Edith Shain being kissed in Times Square by a just returned U.S. sailor on V-J Day.
main-qimg-b13083d8a75c913b081ba1de93e8fac5

- A woman thing but also seen in the movies as a man thing for comedy effect such as in SOME LIKE IT HOT where we see Tony Curtis (parodying Cary Grant) telling Marilyn Monroe that kissing a girl has no effect on him so she goes at it with a vengeance while he's on the couch and we see his leg rise (cough, cough).
- A neat way to show that the woman is being turned-on by the kiss when other signs of enjoyment (such as moaning etc.) would be inappropriate as well as a way of the woman feeling closer to the man which is what happens when you extend your leg backwards whilst in a clinch
- In certain countries where kissing was not allowed to be shown on screen the shot of the woman's raised leg was used as a coded way to convey to the audience what was actually going on
- Woman's raised leg = raised something else of the man (cough, cough)
. . . and so on

Can you host a GB for the sh*t you smoke?

Please

Musicals not really my thing but love romance and Emma Stone after watching the excellent job she did in EASY A . . . and not just because we share a birthday . . . if not a birth date.

I caught the unlimited screening on Sunday past. Was a good film. No denying that. What's even more impressive is supposedly Gosling done all his own pianoing. 8/10.

Likely wouldn't watch it again so no steel for me.