La La Land - OST (Motion Picture Music) by Justin Hurwitz (colored vinyl) [Interscope]

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: December 16, 2016
Purchase: Urban Outfitters / Amazon DE / JPC.de
Price: 22,98 USD (Urban Outfitters) / 24,99 EUR (Amazon DE) / 26,99 EUR (JPC.de)

Note: 1LP, "blue colored" vinyl, printed inner sleeve

Screen-Shot-2016-11-11-at-2.03.48-PM.png

Last edited:
Over here it's totally sold out and prices start from 65 EUR on marketplaces. At discogs cheapest is currently 45 EUR plus shipping from the US ...

@dan8885 Hey Mate, can you confirm something in regards to the Blue Vinyl ?

I read a review that made me not get the colored one in regards to pre and post groove echo;

While the standard LP (black vinyl) edition of this is fine, however, the limited, transparent blue LP edition is worth avoiding. It has terrible pre and post groove echo on both sides that can easily be heard before intros and on pauses in the middle of some tracks. The post-groove echo in particular is clearly heard at the end of some of the songs. Also, on the the blue vinyl there is a great deal of surface noise...

Any confirmation on this would be appreciated :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo

I read a review that made me not get the colored one in regards to pre and post groove echo;

This actually stopped me from getting it after reading similar things, but I never asked anyone on here so good point bringing it up.

I did nearly pick it up a few weeks back but didn't. Can get it around £26ish from a few sellers but I don't want to pay that if what reports say are true

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885

This actually stopped me from getting it after reading similar things, but I never asked anyone on here so good point bringing it up.

I did nearly pick it up a few weeks back but didn't. Can get it around £26ish from a few sellers but I don't want to pay that if what reports say are true

I listened to it multiple times and didn't recognized any of the echo or surface noise. I'll spin it again in the next days and listen to it more carefully.
But those things always are problem with colored vinyl. I did a longer post regarding this topic but I sadly can't find it with search function at the moment.
I'll report back @Actarus :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus and Flloydo
I listened to it multiple times and didn't recognized any of the echo or surface noise. I'll spin it again in the next days and listen to it more carefully.
But those things always are problem with colored vinyl. I did a longer post regarding this topic but I sadly can't find it with search function at the moment.

I remember that but I have no idea where it was, wasn't it in a vinyl thread? Possibly taxi driver or something like that

I remember that but I have no idea where it was, wasn't it in a vinyl thread? Possibly taxi driver or something like that
I remember that post too... something about clear vinyl being the purest/cleanest sounding? I've also tried searching for a few different terms but had no luck... plus it only displays Dan's posts in the Vinyl section up until March of this year, and I'm pretty sure the post we're looking for was made sometime last year (please correct me if I'm wrong).

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I remember that post too... something about clear vinyl being the purest/cleanest sounding? I've also tried searching for a few different terms but had no luck... plus it only displays Dan's posts in the Vinyl section up until March of this year, and I'm pretty sure the post we're looking for was made sometime last year (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was last year mate.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Blue editions are still in stock at some HMV stores FYI for £22.99.
Website listing has been down a few months and apprently not getting more but I was also told that could change.

Rang the store near where my mum works and managed to get the last one in there - she kindly picked it up after work

Hey Mate :happy: did you get a chance to notice about the ''echo'' and surface noise if there is any ?