Labyrinth - OST by David Bowie & Trevor Jones [Capitol]

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: May 11, 2017
Purchase: Bull Moose - Amazon US - The Sound Of Vinyl
Price: $17.97 (Bull Moose) - $16.99 (Amazon US) - £21.99 (The Sound of Vinyl)

Notes: reissue of the long OOP and now expensive Labyrinth OST by Bowie & Jones, only in UK released before

The Sound of Vinyl is the Lavender limited vinyl edition
ArticleSharedImage-72547.png
Other Retailers are selling the 180 gram Black Vinyl Edition unless it clearly lists the Lavender limited vinyl edition

R-792139-1162042294.jpeg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
So am I correct in saying that the standard black version is out now but the coloured editions are not due until August?
Long shot I know, but I don't suppose anyone has a preorder in for a coloured version that they don't need, perchance? I missed the boat on the preorders and would have loved a coloured version.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
So am I correct in saying that the standard black version is out now but the coloured editions are not due until August?
Long shot I know, but I don't suppose anyone has a preorder in for a coloured version that they don't need, perchance? I missed the boat on the preorders and would have loved a coloured version.

That's true

Black is out now but the coloured versions have been pushed to the start of August

Reactions: Lucifer Adams
I thought I had ordered this, but could not find anywhere. Turns out it was a green vinyl version for which my wife had sent me a link. My order was still live just now, but it was at recordstore.co.uk but item no longer appears on their site, fyi.

I thought I had ordered this, but could not find anywhere. Turns out it was a green vinyl version for which my wife had sent me a link. My order was still live just now, but it was at recordstore.co.uk but item no longer appears on their site, fyi.
Ah nuts, that sucks, DB. I feel for you. There's something about knowing that there are ltd edition versions out there that makes me really hesitant to 'make do' with the standard black version. In this instance, I think I'll be able to live with it simple down to the quality of the music. Man, this album is so awesome.

Ah nuts, that sucks, DB. I feel for you. There's something about knowing that there are ltd edition versions out there that makes me really hesitant to 'make do' with the standard black version. In this instance, I think I'll be able to live with it simple down to the quality of the music. Man, this album is so awesome.
If quality of the Vinyl in terms of music quality is most important factor you probably better getting the black vinyl edition as some but not all coloured vinyl can be inferior sound quality

Coloured vinyl is really for collectible as in been limited and looking at compared to actual playing of the vinyl it's small differences sometimes to a big difference in terms of sound quality

The best vinyl you can get as long as it was mastered well in the first place is clear vinyl

As long as your order for one of the limited editions is still showing as active in your account with a retailer you should be ok and not unusual for a listing to vanish from a retailer website.
The black vinyl editions will have different barcodes and bin catalog numbers it is of course possible you can be sent the wrong one as in a staff member selecting the wrong edition from a warehouse when picking the order.

Yeah, my order is still live, so hopefully they still send it, lol.

Did anyone who got this get a download code?
It's included with the standard black version but I didn't get one in the lavender version

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: Flloydo
What was The Sound of Vinyl packaging like was it well protected
I have 2 Vinyl Pre orders with them Raiders of the Lost Arc and Dunkirk

Their packaging is ok, no different to zavvi or HMV send Vinyl out in and this arrived mint but I've had stuff before arrive with a corner dent.
Be careful when you open them though because the glue they use to seal the vinyl packaging is very tough and you could easily bend the vinyl or housing if your not careful.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland