Tomb Raider - In theaters March 16, 2018

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Tomb Raider (2018)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Roar Uthaug[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Alicia Vikander[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Walton Goggins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daniel Wu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Leo Ashizawa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dominic West[/ACTOR]

Plot: Archaeologist Lara Croft sets off on a series of international adventures.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
rcyPer7CGmDzWCczT4okv26clDj.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

THR is reporting that Alicia Vikander (Ex Machina, The Danish Girl) has nabbed the highly coveted role of Lara Croft in the planned Tomb Raider reboot. Star Wars: The Force Awakens star Daisy Ridley was strongly rumored to be in the running, but sources indicate that Vikander was "always in the driver's seat".

Apparently Suicide Squad actress Cara Delevigne was also in contention.

Norwegian filmmaker Roar Uthaug will helm the new Tomb Raider movie, and it was recently confirmed that his film would be based on the plot of Square Enix 2013 version of the game which followed Croft on her first adventure.

There is no official release date yet.​

WOOT!
alicia-vikander-is-lara-croft-in-tomb-raider-reboot-social.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't need a reboot. What it needed was a decent script which was seriously lacking in both films. Perfect casting let down by everything else.

She don't really look like Lara to me in those pics except the last one but I do like her and this looks like it could be a more serious take which makes me more up for it

She looks exactly like Lara from the latest videogames IMO. If you play them, then I'm positive you'd all appreciate her look more and also the direction they seem to be taking the movie... if it's anything like the games, then this will be awesome! :D