Last car purchased?

Not mine, I don't have any pics of it, but it's this exact model:
IMG_1218.jpg

My eldest :) also the best behaved. Toyota Starlet Sportif 1.3 engine. Import from Japan. When I got it 3 3/4 miles on the clock.

March 1st 1998.

I have just had a new fan belt onehundred thousand miles. My precious.

Have not got the heart bust into tears at the thougut of EVER having to let go. Sad I know but so meny memories and happy miles .

for those in the know, while I may not be buying a car ASAP I did have a question

In years past I would recall hearing that for example a car that had a ton of miles put on it in just one year is not good. Like for example a 2013 Used car with 20,000 miles already. But I am not a heavy driver, right now I do about 3,500 miles a year but even if say it even goes up to 5-7 that is still under the typical 12 a year average.

Is the car off to a bad start, I mean most of these cars are going to last 100,000+ miles anyway. Should I stay away from a car like that.

I kind of want a new car but the model I want is just out of my price range, so I argue (with myself) if it is better to get a new car that I am less excited about versus a one year old car that was heavily driven so its price somewhat closer to what I really could afford.

for those in the know, while I may not be buying a car ASAP I did have a question

In years past I would recall hearing that for example a car that had a ton of miles put on it in just one year is not good. Like for example a 2013 Used car with 20,000 miles already. But I am not a heavy driver, right now I do about 3,500 miles a year but even if say it even goes up to 5-7 that is still under the typical 12 a year average.

Is the car off to a bad start, I mean most of these cars are going to last 100,000+ miles anyway. Should I stay away from a car like that.

I kind of want a new car but the model I want is just out of my price range, so I argue (with myself) if it is better to get a new car that I am less excited about versus a one year old car that was heavily driven so its price somewhat closer to what I really could afford.

Never mind a new, just buy tons of blu-rays and just use this to go to the office.
pogo_stick.jpg

Last car I purchased was back in 2010 a BMW 128i, jet black with red leather interior. One more year of car payments! Feels good knowing I'm almost done paying on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PunkNinja
yes I'll take my chances with gene splicing.

No thoughts anyone?

Thoughts.....

This is from personal experience and the advice my Dad would give me as well.... DO NOT buy a car that had heavy milage on it in the first year. Now, its perfectly plausible that a vehicle that had lots of miles on it in the first is perfectly fine but in my experience vehicles with low milage in the first few years often have been better taken care of and are in better shape and worth the extra $$$ being asked as a result. I find vehicles with more milage in just a short few years were often owned and driven hard + less taken care of.... I bought a 03' Audi A4 in 04' with 37,000 Km on it and I had the same reasoning.... the more milage on it brought the price more into line of what I could afford.... but boy I found out the hard way the original owner had driven it hard and yes it had issues. It was in the shop every other month for the 4 years I owned it. Three vehicles I have owned since they were low milage 1 year old vehicles and not a single issue with either of them ever. My Dad over his 40+ years of buying vehicles had the same experiences with high milage newer year vehicles.... issues galore. But buy the same vehicle a few years older but less milage and they were good to go. I think high miles in one or two years is usually indicitive that it was driven hard and less cared for which = possibly a problematic vehicle in the future. They rack up the miles, trade-in and move onto a new one so they dont care a lot of about the vehicle. Again this is just my two cents.... We had a family car that got driven 55,000 km in two years and it was just fine but thats because we owned it the whole time and we knew its history and we also took care of it along the way while racking up the milage. <<< This is often not the case however with lots of people out there that racking up the miles.

I would say the better choice to make is to get a vehicle more in line with your budget and lower milage....

Reactions: mllNY
thanks, well lets just hope that by the time i am ready to purchase there are more options out there for the newer used car I want that has been a little more taken care of. Though the hyundai's do have a 10 year warranty on them, also a lot of the cars I see are certified pre-owned.

I want the genesis coupe. thats my car

thanks, well lets just hope that by the time i am ready to purchase there are more options out there for the newer used car I want that has been a little more taken care of. Though the hyundai's do have a 10 year warranty on them, also a lot of the cars I see are certified pre-owned.

I want the genesis coupe. thats my car

My Audi was certified pre-owned too with a 7 year warranty..... :( Even though the work was almost all done under warranty it was no fun back n forth between vehicles because it wouldn't run properly.

And I think this whole low miles vs. high miles thing applied even more when you get into cars like the Genesis.