Multi Last game played/purchased

Picked up Gravity Rush 2. :wow:

Also started Little Nightmares. Honestly started a little on the slow side... I can handle this most of the time without a need for plot imperative thrown in your face. Now and agan though it tests you a little. Playdead comparisons aside things picked up the first time I had a bite to eat and I've been getting more engrossed since. Getting a mix of Bill Plympton, Masaaki Yuasa and Sylvain Chomet from the visuals and its clearly the game's strong point. Equal parts cute and creepy. :D Wish the loading times from deaths were a little quicker and there was a bit more sense of how much can be done in areas - for example is there any point to using the paper plane? Anything else hidden in the toy room? I mess around alot looking for more and coming up short wondering if I'm giving up too fast or not. Other than that having a good time!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Picked up Gravity Rush 2. :wow:

Also started Little Nightmares. Honestly started a little on the slow side... I can handle this most of the time without a need for plot imperative thrown in your face. Now and agan though it tests you a little. Playdead comparisons aside things picked up the first time I had a bite to eat and I've been getting more engrossed since. Getting a mix of Bill Plympton, Masaaki Yuasa and Sylvain Chomet from the visuals and its clearly the game's strong point. Equal parts cute and creepy. :D Wish the loading times from deaths were a little quicker and there was a bit more sense of how much can be done in areas - for example is there any point to using the paper plane? Anything else hidden in the toy room? I mess around alot looking for more and coming up short wondering if I'm giving up too fast or not. Other than that having a good time!
I had the same question about the paper plane... I was convinced it held some importance, so spent a good 5-10 minutes trying out different things with it, until giving up and realising it's probably just a fun little item they threw in. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some hidden items/areas though... it seems like the sort of game that would have them IMO. I haven't actually touched the game for about a week now... I got stuck in one area and couldn't be bothered with it after that. I may jump back on it today though and hopefully progress a bit further!

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard
@Noodles

Yeah seems to be little extra elements (achievement related maybe?) for breaking the little vases, lighting the lamps and picking up the little pointy hat dudes when you catch them. Just made me think there had to be more going on beyond it... sometimes those little guys run away and I feel I'm missing finding them again in the area before I leave.

I guessed it may end up having a few sticking points too. This genre seems to make a habit of it :confused:

• Thanks
@Noodles

Yeah seems to be little extra elements (achievement related maybe?) for breaking the little vases, lighting the lamps and picking up the little pointy hat dudes when you catch them. Just made me think there had to be more going on beyond it... sometimes those little guys run away and I feel I'm missing finding them again in the area before I leave.

I guessed it may end up having a few sticking points too. This genre seems to make a habit of it :confused:
How could I forget the little pointy hat dudes?! They had me even more convinced that were relevant to progressing through the game in some way... I thought maybe we were supposed to carry them somewhere to "free" them or something, but I eventually got fed up of trying that so just let them be. :p

Finished Little Nightmares earlier. Not a bad little game though I feel perhaps the standard set by Inside for this type of game probably took it down a few notches. Feels like Little Nightmares could have taken Playdead's approach a little more in the sense of diversifying the mechanics for different purposes. I guess complaining about core mechanics being put to use from start to finish is a bit odd but I came away feeling they could have created some more interesting scenarios. From a puzzle perspective the game is really too simple... never really had to think outside the box or really approach from different angles. You could say that's not the game's real motivation but I would have liked a bit of extra weirdness in gameplay to match the oddities you encounter in the world.

On the plus side for an unreal engne game - I rarely thought of it as one. Yes that's a compliment. :rofl: Visual style really drew me in and all the characters (even the fat bloaters!)had some freakishly cute designs. Also had its little twisted angle of
cannibalism
that I never got used to and made me question Six's bid for freedom. They could have certainly scattered more thematic morsels through the adventure but I think there's at least enough to invite a bit of creative thinking if you're so inclined.

Interested to see what the studio do in future! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Finally returned to Doom (2016) after a long hiatus. Could honestly do with even more combat than it has in the main campaign, the lull you experience while hunting for secrets and upgrades slows things down quite considerably. Never the less the game is a ton of fun in a genre I usually find quite tedious. All the weapons feel awesome (okay maybe not the pistol lol) and the ducking and diving required to stay alive keeps it high energy when it needs to be. The battle themes just make you want to stomp everything in sight too! :drowning:

Also grabbed A Boy and His Blob in the PSN sale.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Well pfftt! Quantum Break was not what I was expecting. Even after watching game play videos and reviews it still doesn't prepare you for what it's really like. Glad I only paid $20 for it instead of the full $40. I wanted a fallback game I could play so I don't burn out on The Division but Quantum Break is definitely not it. It falls in the same category as Alan Wake and Max Payne type games. Oh well you win some, you lose some.

Just purchased Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. I should enjoy this as I've thoroughly enjoyed all Assassin's Creed games I've played. In fact I still have Unity for my PS4. Settings in at the early Victorian era London should be a blast, we'll just have to see. From the trailers it appears there's a little joking/horseplaying involved in some of the cut scenes, that's good so it's not so monotonous all the time. Well downloading for the next 2-hours. I guess I'll find something else to keep me amused until it's finished.

• Thanks
Well pfftt! Quantum Break was not what I was expecting. Even after watching game play videos and reviews it still doesn't prepare you for what it's really like. Glad I only paid $20 for it instead of the full $40. I wanted a fallback game I could play so I don't burn out on The Division but Quantum Break is definitely not it. It falls in the same category as Alan Wake and Max Payne type games. Oh well you win some, you lose some.
Either max Payne nor Alan wake were bad games.And quantum break wasn't that bad either.It executes well on a lot of fronts but the story was just to ambitious.Should have just been a small movie.

Picked up Prey and Guilty Gear: Rev 2. :thumbs:

Gave Claire: Extended Cut on the Vita a shot but with such a clumsy 2D/Map layout and sense of direction constantly being thrown off it wasn't long before I had to quit. Pity I really dig some of the 2D horror titles like Home and Lone Survivor and on the surface this was even more Silent Hill-ish, but I was just driven to distraction having to check the map every 10 seconds. Game is also terrible at marking points of interest!

This weekend I'll either be diving into The Silver Case remaster or Resonance of Fate - the latter has crept into my mind since I never finished it some years ago and the battle system (though very complex) made the game a ton of fun. :)

• Thanks
Injustice 2 (PS4).. Fun fighting game featuring all DC Heroes and Villains. Finally got Platinum (all trophies) even though it was time consuming leveling up all 28 characters including Brainiac to LVL 20, and around 50+ hours logged last I checked. Still a great game and I'll recommend it to those of you who like DC and fighting games :thumbs:

Been playing Gravity Rush 2 over the past couple of days. Didn't finish the original on vita or later the remaster but alot of games I feel, you're kind of waiting on a sequel for them to make good on the promise shown. The best reason for sequels to exist imo. ;) Pleased to report controls have been smoothed out considerably in this one and it's a much more enjoyable experience. You still have to plug through some wishy washy missions to reach the good stuff (if anything hurts the game it may be the open world padding) but flying around the land really is quite satisfying - in fact this is probably the most fun I've had with purely virtual tourism in some time. Lots of charm... next to Ni No Kuni perhaps the closest thing you'll get to a Ghibli game.

• Thanks
Spent about 30 hours on Gravity Rush 2 and I've had my fill. A disappointing sequel that proves the devs haven't really learned any lessons from the sticking points that held the original down. Great concept and a charming open world full of color and catchy theme tunes, lost in the spread of childish writing, cumbersome controls, undercooked combat that's way too basic and infuriating with a lock-on system that hardly works on bigger enemies. Worst of all for me is that most of the main and side missions are highly unimaginative go from point A to point B to point C quests and worse still, many strip away your powers to force you into awful stealth sections in a game that has no business pretending it knows anything about such a genre. If the player led design had been able to match the artistic merits this could be such a great series. It has its fans but I think even they would have to admit to being a little bit on the masochistic side! :smuggrin:

• Thanks
Picked up Tales of Berseria despite my (usual) better judgement. My relationship with JRPGs is near non-existent but every now and again for reasons I can't explain, I'm lured into opinions on the good ones and think I can handle it. Time will tell if I can take it. :rofl:

Been playing Life is Strange and plan to move on to Prey since its had a big performance patch today. The Walking Dead season 3 will follow when I find the time and motivation. I also have Final Fantasy X in mind... if only I could stay motivated! :whistle:

Just pre-ordered Star Wars: Battlefront II.

giphy.gif

Been replaying The Evil Within (first time since release) and I picked up the sequel today. The original is definitely rough around the edges in some ways and I hope to see some points ironed out in part 2. Basically I just want it feel better in its control scheme... worried by reports though there's a greater emphasis on stealth as though it's pure necessity. Just gimme the option to blow some heads off when I feel like it guys and not be punished for it. :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: dboy99 and Noodles
Been replaying The Evil Within (first time since release) and I picked up the sequel today. The original is definitely rough around the edges in some ways and I hope to see some points ironed out in part 2. Basically I just want it feel better in its control scheme... worried by reports though there's a greater emphasis on stealth as though it's pure necessity. Just gimme the option to blow some heads off when I feel like it guys and not be punished for it. :rofl:
I agree.I was recently playing through the first game and it was to slow paced and stealth based to keep my attention.I hear from reviewers that stealth is encouraged but not the end all be all like the first game, but that still turns me off from the series.

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard