Multi Last game played/purchased

Started playing Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water on the WiiU. After 45 hours of Breath of the Wild I had to call it a day. Great game.. it just doesn't value your time on this earth very much.. I could spend another 150 hours just doing stuff on it and feel like I'm making almost no progress :rofl: Also it rains way too damn much in the game! :wacky:

Fatal Frame is.. Fatal Frame as usual. Pretty standard old school survival horror for better or worse. Played all the old titles years ago and it's a little strange they did little to evolve it at all beyond WiiU gamepad manipulation in this one. At the same time I guess the old style is kind of comforting in a way too!

• Thanks
Reactions: dboy99
it could tell it would suck when it was announced.The game premise was lame, but the game media ran with it for some reason( Money).Games that require co op are never good imo.

I'd say they ran with it because Rare made some classics back in the day like Battletoads, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark and Donkey Kong Country. Extending them the benefit of the doubt is okay but yeah seems these guys haven't been producing anything good in years!

I finished Fatal Frame 5 and just started playing some Dragonball Fighter Z here today. I'm fashionably late to the party on most games these days. :joy:

Just purchased Planet Coaster by Frontier which is the same creators as Jurassic World Evolution. It was on sale for $20 which was 55% off for a limited time. Couldn't pass that up.

This game... is addicting! :D I find myself playing for hours on end, I mean I'll be playing and the next thing I know three hours have elapsed and I've just been working on perfecting one building or only half way done perfecting a coaster. This game is loads of fun! I played Sim Coaster and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and they have nothing in over this game. The amount of customizing is just about limitless. :OMG: I'm sure I'll be putting a whole lot of hours in on playing this game.

• Thanks
Reactions: dboy99
I surprised myself this weekend by returning after months to Gravity Rush 2 and finishing it: finishing all challenges with a gold rank and doing all side missions as well. Actually had very few story missions left to go and boy was that ending terrible. :rofl: I wonder if they simply ran out of money.. maybe they just stopped paying the writer at least! All in all a game with a lot of charm and also at times a lot of frustrating mechanics as well that lack the precision required.. especially during boss fights in a game without any kind of soft-lock assistance. And I still think they should should have added in a Kiki's Delivery Service skin. :smuggrin:

Just finished some weeklies with a buddy on Destiny 2

Trying to purchase Bubsy in the sale(don’t judge) but having issues with my PSN account....think Raibnow Seige and Batman Arkham Knight were my last purchases in last months sale

Had a second run through The Order 1886 and got the platinum trophy this time. It's a pity we probably won't see a sequel to this one as I really like the chessboard they arranged with this alternate history timeline. Tesla, Jack the Ripper, Werewolves, vampires, hints towards Sherlock Holmes and Van Helsing.. on top of a rather interesting premise with the holy grail water and the league of assassins - they really stacked their world with what felt like alot of cool possibilities in sequel-terms. And the game of course still looks amazing. It's just a shame the meat of the gameplay wasn't very varied.. the likes of QTE boss fights just didn't help its case either. I hate to see such potential squandered! Still a good ride what it is though if you can look past its shortcomings.

Was playing Rondo of Blood (and pulling my hair out) on the Vita last week and decided to venture further into a game I skipped on PS3: Castlevania Lords of Shadow. I wasn't interested because it looked a bit too God of War and certainly is a bit too God of War.. and also a bit too slow on the up-keep of making you feel like the badass that Professor X keeps telling you that you are in the narration. Feels initially padded with hours of tedious platforming/ability collecting. It has variety but it takes its sweet time in getting to it.. now that I'm outfitted with plenty of combos I just need the game to stop forcing cutscenes and QTEs and let me use them! A strange game that shouldn't really be as fun as it is I guess but it's pulling me along for the ride.

Started up Prey this last week - it's been on the backburner since I got it at launch.. as I seem to do with alot of games. :notworthy: You can feel its influences creeping through right from the start but it stakes its own claim to provide a very gamey experience the likes of which I haven't felt in a while. You spend much of your time rotating the tasks between story progression, where emphasis is on collecting junk (literally) for what essentially a mini game in itself: recycling in order to get various types of materials in order to fabricate ammo, weapons and various other upgrades. You also flesh out the world of Talos 1 by sifting through what feels like an endless living world of information. It's a layered world full of ideas and reactions to working life on a space station and the ethics of what it is the science and experimentation on the alien species is really looking to achieve. Sprinkled throughout the world are pretty interesting sidequests that push you off the beaten path and shed more light onto the ways in which people have inhabited this once-hopeful 'new world' and where the human element has allowed it to succeed and fail. And then of course.. there's shapeshifting aliens all over the place!

Combat honestly isn't the strongest suit of the game, been playing through on hard and I find it quite frustrating at times if you find yourself ever in a situation where you're dealing with more than one large enemy at a time. Also feel while upgrades are plentiful.. you don't really get to feel very empowered by the small boost they give you. I feel like I've been relying mostly on the shotgun the entire 25 odd houirs I've been playing and would have liked the game to stack the odds a little more in the player's favor. Still its been an enjoyable experience thus far overall.. I would go as far as to say people really slept on it last year as it doesn't seem to get enough love and callbacks out there! New DLC though perhaps suggests the series still has legs and a future! .

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Had a second run through The Order 1886 and got the platinum trophy this time. It's a pity we probably won't see a sequel to this one as I really like the chessboard they arranged with this alternate history timeline. Tesla, Jack the Ripper, Werewolves, vampires, hints towards Sherlock Holmes and Van Helsing.. on top of a rather interesting premise with the holy grail water and the league of assassins - they really stacked their world with what felt like alot of cool possibilities in sequel-terms. And the game of course still looks amazing. It's just a shame the meat of the gameplay wasn't very varied.. the likes of QTE boss fights just didn't help its case either. I hate to see such potential squandered! Still a good ride what it is though if you can look past its shortcomings.

Keep eyeing this one up - 1886 - as am always looking for a good game to sink my teeth in for hours on end.

I love getting platinum trophies too so will have to 100% Horizon before even thinkin about playing 1886, it they sound similar in that they turn what we know on its head and THEN create a world out of it

25% into God of War when I put it down a month an a half ago....scared to go back and won't remember any of the controls!:LOL: Great so far - just haven't had the time to get back.

Keep eyeing this one up - 1886 - as am always looking for a good game to sink my teeth in for hours on end.

I love getting platinum trophies too so will have to 100% Horizon before even thinkin about playing 1886, it they sound similar in that they turn what we know on its head and THEN create a world out of it

Probably not hours on end anyway since it's pretty much a strictly linear/narrative focused game. I'd say if you knew what you were looking for with a checklist you could possibly get the platinum in one single run. Still I wouldn't let that put you off giving it a shot! :thumbs:

25% into God of War when I put it down a month an a half ago....scared to go back and won't remember any of the controls!:LOL: Great so far - just haven't had the time to get back.

I always think this too when I put a game down.. but really it'll come right back to you in a flash. Unless your name is Leonard Shelby!

Nearing the end of Prey now (at least I think this is the last act?! Game is way longer than I anticipated) and if it sticks the landing I'd dare to call it a 'must play' if you're any kind of serious (yuck lol) gamer. The mystery of the plot all feels pretty familiar and well worn but I think it's the detail they put in to fleshing out this world that really sets it above the mark. Just really hope the conclusion is an even bigger mind**** than I imagine!

Last edited:
Finally finished Prey after another 25 hours on top of what I already had.. yeah I had no clue I was in for such a long ride: a ride that really started to wear out its welcome by the last act! :rofl: For me the game falls short in a few areas that stop is from being really one of the best games I've played in a while. It stings really to feel like this is a truly immersive sci-fi horror adventure that almost lives up to the reputation of the games it clearly wants to be held up alongside: System Shock and Bioshock. The hook of the first few hours is so good, with the meat and potatoes of the adventure feeling dependant on just how deep the player wants to dive into the world. The world of information at your fingertips paints one of the deepest and most interesting environments I've seen in a game - the fact that most of it exists in text and audio logs really doesn't hamper it either. Given the choice I would say I like at least a mix of cutscenes and fulfilling my own part in the active narrative.. but trawling through the history of an almost dormant space station didn't feel like a lonely trek at all because the team at Arkane Studios really made it feel properly lived in.

Which is why it's a shame the game starts stumbling around in the latter half, taking what was a leisurely stroll and turning into a frantic mad dash, seeimngly confusing itself with ALOT of bugs as it tries to address your in game relationships and getting itself confused on which direction you should be taking. This shift also actively encourages or at points forces you to simply haul ass from end of a section to the next.. meaning 30-40 second chunks of time are spent staring at tons of loading screens and thereby defusing its own attempt at tension with boredom and repetition. I also personally hoped after they put so much work into crafting the world, that I really hadn't figured out the late game twist very early on because it seemed very obvious from a ways off.. and what do you know - it was! :arghh: The ending really did feel a bit too abrupt and there wasn't really even a climactic fight with the biggest and nastiest thing in space! Still I was honestly thinking for a while about what to make of my last choice.. I went back and forth in my own head for a while trying to decide and I tend to think if a game makes you feel this way it's still done something right in spite of its errors along the way. An excellent game hampered by perhaps a bit too much on its plate.. or not enough depending on how you look at it.

Last game I bought, was Definitive Tomb Raider on the PS4 - never played a TR game, and it was only £6.49 in the store

So far, loving it. Even if Lara does feel like a clumsy oaf falling down things all the time (am aware she get's better in the next game and becomes less clumsy)

Would rate it 7/10 (am only about 3-4 hours in at the moment and have yet to even look at the multiplayer stuff)

thats my issue with a lot of games - had to ignore Division when I wanted to play Ghost recon all because the O and X buttons were opposite ways round for each game. LOL.
Would love to be the type to bounce from game to game but I just got frustrated.

So besides a handful of games, I tend to focus on one, hash it out, then move on (handful of easy jump in games are GTAV, Lego, Battlefronts, Destinys as I've sunk so many hours in each I go on auto-pilot). All other games, I have go male-one-track-mind on (no offense guys :) ) and just take it one at a time.
I do bounce in and out of the aforementioned auto-pilot games when I fancy a change...so guess am still half-female-multitasking. LOL

(am currently sat in a Nightfall queue on Destiny as I type this...will be back on Tomb Raider again later)

Last edited:
Revisiting a classic this weekend: Metal Gear Solid 4.. been a long time since my last run. MGS stories (aside from V lol) get me absorbed like few others in gaming!