Horror Chat Last Horror movie watched for Halloween-Join the 2016 watch party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
2016 Last Horror watched.JPG

Hello ninjas!

It's time!

It's that time of year where we get together for our annual hidefninja.com Halloween and horror tradition, and share the latest horror films or tv we've watched. Just jump in to the thread, now until Halloween, and let us know what is making your skin crawl! Recommendations, reviews? Share them!

Plus stay on the lookout for mini-contests and more!

Have fun all!

Last edited:
Glad you got to see a few that I watched and that, for the most part, you enjoyed them. Mandy Lane was a decent film, but like you said, it did get boring and predictable at times. Heard is most definitely a beauty, though, so at least it had that going for it. :LOL:

I agree with your points regarding They're Watching, too. It was an interesting, more original take on the found footage genre, but the ending is really just too much. I also called that ending from a mile away... it was pretty obvious considering
how she kept wanting the camera crew to go into the cellar.

Exists was a lot of fun. I definitely enjoyed that more than I thought I would. I was expecting them to keep Bigfoot more hidden (especially since this is from one of the directors of The Blair Witch Project), so I was pleasantly surprised when they showed so much footage of him/her. Glad you liked it.

As for Viral, it's a creature feature/body snatcher type film in the same vein as movies like Slither and The Faculty. I'll post a trailer below. :thumbs:

I wasn't sure at first if it was going to be a case of mistaken identity ....
Or if the real witch would turn up or if she was the witch.
I re wound the bit where the girl notices something in the video where her boss is having sex with that guy because she acts a bit weird about it but I couldn't spot anything but yeah the look on her face when she asks about the cellar and then after they say later (or tomorrow - can't remember the exact response) she's really dissapointed so I assumed She knows something. But it wasn't until the second time she asked, that confirmed it to me. Oh and when she mentions she keeps her paints in that well.
The wiping of the blood really annoyed me on the camera too, looked so fake.
I did like the idea she wanted it filmed and that guy survived but like you just didn't like the CGI

I really enjoyed exists, and the same I enjoyed it more than I thought it would, being found footage and low budget to a degree I thought I wouldn't like bigfoots design but I was happy with it. Especially when it's running after the brother when he goes to get signal.
I did have a feeling he or she was doing it for revenge though because of the start (whether that was the baby or partner) but I also enjoyed the end the way he or she lines them up next to the pit and then the end on the bridge, love the way it looked in background near the trees.

Ohh viral looks ok, I like Michael kelly too so I'll give that a go. And I recognise the chick from crazy stupid stupid love plus I enjoyed slither and the faculty is a classic

Cheers mate

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Status
Not open for further replies.