DVD Last Non-Blu-Ray movie you watched/purchased? (Any other disc/tape formats welcomed)

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi All,

This thread was added to provide an area for members who also own non-Blu-Ray movies to discuss what else they are watching. Since a relatively small % of content is available on Blu-Ray, chime in about what else you're checking out on other formats.

To chat about titles you are streaming visit here.

Have fun!
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
Blu-Ray, I've gotten into The Tudors as well-what a mix of drama, sex and mayhem. I am not usually into period pieces, but it's very engaging!

Last non-Blu-Ray movie you purchased & pics! (All other disc/tape formats welcomed)

Feel free to discuss non-Blu-Ray movies you've purchased here. All other formats welcomed. -Digitalbabe

I couldnt resist buying the DVD Digibook of The Lovely Bones. Great film and beautiful digibook....maybe only released in Spain?

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldnt resist buying the DVD Digibook of The Lovely Bones. Great film and beautiful digibook....maybe only released in Spain?

Yes I got that one too. I'm considering Celda 211 as well - did you get that one Lenochek, do you have any photos?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I bought the first 3 Twilight DVD digibook Spanish editions, as I was too late to get the earlier ones in BD. Also got the Spanish Hombre Lobo DVD digibook - again too late for the (fantastic) BD version with keyring :angry:

My last DVD purchase was The Stepfather Trilogy from Germany. The 3rd film isn't available over here and even though it wasn't the best i still love the Stepfather films so i had to see it!

Hehe, this happens to me too-I am in the USA, and some items are OOP here, or just not on DVD-so I end up getting them from UK or Germany-I love multiregion players!:)

Hehe, this happens to me too-I am in the USA, and some items are OOP here, or just not on DVD-so I end up getting them from UK or Germany-I love multiregion players!:)

Yeah multiregion players are great! I hate it most when they release a film and then don't release the sequel. We got Fright Night but never got Part 2! Whats that all about? I found a copy but i didn't realise it was so rare in the U.S too. I paid a fair bit for it on ebay and the transfer turned out to be awful but if its the only way to see it what can you do!:rolleyes:

Hi Sigill-oh man that does stink! We're so fortunate that we can just go on the internet and hunt for these items, LOL. Imagine if we still had to physically drive around or worse-my parents had VCR's and I grew up in Europe, where the standard is obviously different than the US one. You should have seen their hookup to see the videos, it was very funny:) Amazon and Ebay are amazing in terms of their selection. I've been shopping on both for over a decade. Recently I discussed one of my favorite childhood movies (Animalympics) was on DVD in Germany. All of these years I was holding on the to US VHS, because I couldn't find it. With the German name I found it and it was very cheap!

Yes I got that one too. I'm considering Celda 211 as well - did you get that one Lenochek, do you have any photos?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I bought the first 3 Twilight DVD digibook Spanish editions, as I was too late to get the earlier ones in BD. Also got the Spanish Hombre Lobo DVD digibook - again too late for the (fantastic) BD version with keyring :angry:

Hi everybody....just to let you know I have a few DVD Digibooks aswell, thought you would all enjoy the pics. :cool:

Attachments

• DSCN2413.jpg
    DSCN2413.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 271
Hi Sigill-oh man that does stink! We're so fortunate that we can just go on the internet and hunt for these items, LOL. Imagine if we still had to physically drive around or worse-my parents had VCR's and I grew up in Europe, where the standard is obviously different than the US one. You should have seen their hookup to see the videos, it was very funny:) Amazon and Ebay are amazing in terms of their selection. I've been shopping on both for over a decade. Recently I discussed one of my favorite childhood movies (Animalympics) was on DVD in Germany. All of these years I was holding on the to US VHS, because I couldn't find it. With the German name I found it and it was very cheap!

Hi DB, you can call me Si if you like. My real name is Simon but everyone calls me Si! Yep we don't know how good we have got it, with the web it easy it is to get hold of things from all over the place now. Thats cool that you found one of your favourite movies, i've never heard of Anamilympics before? I'm like you i still have old VHS tapes that i am hoping will one day get released on DVD!

Last edited: