Lawrence of Arabia (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive No.1) (WEA) [China]

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
HDzeta Exclusive Blu-ray SteelBook Collector Edition Gold Label Series
Lawrence of Arabia Blu-ray SteelBook 2 Discs Edition (BD50+BD25)
First 1000 copies with the full slipcase+5postcards+numbered card+exclusive stickers,but another copies without

350-400 available-limited to 2/person.

Group Buy CLOSED.-PM your hub leader about your shipment (see group buy thread).

2nd group buy for 1/4 slip version is CLOSED.

Release date: 20th August, 2013
Release Price: 62 USD (includes shipping to 'Hub' in respective area.
Pre-order: about at the end of June - CLOSED
Notes: Embossed title, debossed border, region-free disc
pics:

picture.php

HDzeta got the all final sample from factory at yesterday,update the pics for everybody!
Release date would be at 20th Aug

picture.php

picture.php

Attachments

• LoA-1-CN.jpg
    LoA-1-CN.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 758
Last edited by a moderator:
If I am not wrong, this one is World Exclusive Artwork.

Artwork has been used before
Its used on the Lawrence of Arabia 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Collector's Box Set
Steelbook Front Artwork is the same as the Blu-ray 50th Anniversary Box Set and Steelbook Slipcover is the same artwork as the Blu-ray 50th Anniversary

Lawrence of Arabia 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Collector's Box Set
81-sfpfqmHL._SL1500_.jpg

71bVHHRmydL._SL1168_.jpg

Its a beautiful Steelbook and its a pity it was so limited
I wished I owned its also one of my favourite films and my favourite film director

I find it strange the Sony have not gone for a worldwide steelbook release considering how popular the film is

Last edited:
Believe it or not, I finally opened mine and I have a questions for all that received this and opened it...

Did you all receive the numbered card as mine did not come with one?:(:ohno::wtf:

Believe it or not, I finally opened mine and I have a questions for all that received this and opened it...

Did you all receive the numbered card as mine did not come with one?:(:ohno::wtf:
The number card was not packaged inside the steelbook, but was separate. Any chance yours could've been misplaced?

Edit: Found mine, it came in a transparent plastic pocket, completely separate from the steelbook.

20141020_LoA_card.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wxlinkswd
Very nice and must have steelbook for all the collectors out there they are very nice in hand to...

Love that Limited Edition. Where did you get it?

Steelbook I got on ebay from asiasteelz I won in an auction
£34.50 (£46.00 including shipping)
I have bid a few times in past year and this time I got lucky to get at a decent price as its usually selling from £50 to £100

The limited edition Box Set I got from Amazon in June last year was reduced during a lighting sale
$43.49
€38.20 Euro with shipping was a bargain price :thumbs:

The Box Set its still available from amazon but its $61.89

Last edited:
Steelbook I got on ebay from asiasteelz I won in an auction
£34.50 (£46.00 including shipping)
I have bid a few times in past year and this time I got lucky to get at a decent price as its usually selling from £50 to £100

The limited edition Box Set I got from Amazon in June last year was reduced during a lighting sale
$43.49
€38.20 Euro with shipping was a bargain price :thumbs:

The Box Set its still available from amazon but its $61.89

Great deals on both of them mate! The 1/4 Slip is so gorgeous but never find a price like you did. And shipping to germany is most of the time + 10-12 pound at the bay.co.uk

And the boxset is way to pricey at amazon.de (83 EUR), waiting for a price drop forever. Cheapest was 61 EUR :blackeye:

Reactions: paulboland
I picked up the full slip version on ebay and was surprised to see the disc placement is different to your version. I also bought the box set. I thought about selling the blu ray from the box set as I don't need two copies, but then it wouldn't be complete...the book is lovely.

loa.jpg

I also picked up a mint copy of the original program for the movie.
loa1.jpg
loa2.jpg
loa3.jpg
loa4.jpg

I picked up the full slip version on ebay and was surprised to see the disc placement is different to your version. I also bought the box set. I thought about selling the blu ray from the box set as I don't need two copies, but then it wouldn't be complete...the book is lovely.

View attachment 126637

I also picked up a mint copy of the original program for the movie.
View attachment 126638
View attachment 126639
View attachment 126642
View attachment 126643
The Blu ray in the box set is different and is better than the standard Blu ray as the box set Blu ray has a bonus disc with good extras and soundtrack CD and beautiful Hardback Book (3 Blu ray Discs and CD )

Yes I know. But I don't have an absolute need for the soundtrack, and the second disc of special features is not something I'd miss. I did say the book was lovely (meaning the one in the box set, that's mainly why I bought it). As for the quality of the blu ray of the film, I'm going to have to compare the discs to make a comment on that.

And it's British too! Every time I look at LoA memorabilia it makes me want to go back to Jordan.

A few photos from my visit...

siq7a-12x18.jpg
A view of the Treasury from the Siq

treasury4.jpg
The Treasury that you probably all know from Indiana Jones (there is no room behind it)

7pillars1.jpg
The '7 Pillars'
wadirum2.jpg4wheeling.jpg
Wadi Rum

ovalplaza1.jpg
Jerash

Even if Lawrence of Arabia gets a UK Steelbook at some stage that will be another 100% purchase to add to the HDzeta Exclusive 1/4 Slip Steelbook I got Yesterday

David Lean is my favourite Film Director of all time with Alfred Hitchcock in second place
I have every movie David Lean did that's available on DVD or Blu ray

As a collector Bonus Disc Extras are very important to me with Blu ray releases and I watch extras multiple of times
I purchase Blu ray's and DVD's a lot of the times just for the extras

I would never sell any of my collection or dismantle a box set of its original content
I keep everything and if a new better version gets released I just add it to my collection

The Movie Blu ray Disc is the same in all the 50th anniversary Blu ray releases and you can expect more releases happen in next few years

The Film Score by Maurice Jarre is amazing and as a Film Soundtrack Collector is one of my favourite Film Scores of all time and with this film is a perfect match with the amazing visuals of Lawrence of Arabia

Last edited:
Reactions: Gadget
I do agree. I did consider selling off the blu ray from the box set, but we're talking about maybe ten minutes before I decided it was silly to do that.

Often the featurettes and such don't do much for me, but the commentary track(s) sometimes can give a whole new insight into the film, the process of making the film and much more. Given a choice between special features and steelbook I'd choose the steelbook, but in this case we both have the luxury of the steelbook and the box set.

I confess I'd be tempted by another Lawrence of Arabia steelbook too, as long as it wasn't the exact same artwork as HDZeta.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: paulboland