Le Grand Bleu (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #2) [Korea]
Release date: {param} October 30th, 2013
Price: $44.99
Purchase links:
Lenticular Version (Sold-out)
Quarter Slip Version (Sold-out)

Specs:
Size: Blu-Ray Steelbook (G2)
Discs: 2 (Theater Cut on disc #1, Extended Cut on disc #2)
Region Free: Yes
Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0, French DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Korean

Limited edition features:
Limited to 2000
Available outside KimchiDVD: No
Numbered: Yes (numbers to be given randomly)
Exclusive Sticker: Yes
Exclusive contents: Artcard with dolphin holder for the ALL copies.
Extras items: Photo Cards or Booklet (TBC)
Slipcover: Quarter Slip to Match the Artwork of the Steelbook/Lenticular Slipcover (2 versions of the release will be offer
Special Treatment: Debossed Title and Hyper-Gloss Finish on 90% artwork confirmed
Per Choi: Only debossed title, No border

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

* Lenticular Edition (1500 limited)
View attachment 40435

* Quarter Slip Edition (500 limited)
View attachment 40436

Final Artwork:
gr.jpg

Old infos:
Oct. 16 Update:
(Big thanks to Choi!!!)
Kimchi just confirmed that last pre-order will start at 21st Oct. 20:00 PM (Korea Time)
Click here for International hours

- 1/4 and lenticular will be available too
- 1/4 slip is less than 50 copies, please be hurry to grasp one if you like to add in your collection

August 9 Update:
Important Announcement here.

Due to Thanks giving day(biggest holiday in Asia), some color adjustment on artwork (more bright tons and saturation etc) and remove title on the back (not front) raised from feedback of HDN ninja's opinion.

Last friday scanavo told Kimchidvd to delay the final shipment of product.
Estimated release date has to be changed as Middle of October or End of October.

due to cancellation of LGB order in Kimchi, Kimchi will re-open the pre-order for rest of quantity around 16th September or later day (it will be announced soon)

Please kindly understand the delay for adjusting steelbook looks even better and manufacturing issue in scanavo.

I will share the steelbook sample picture as soon as it arrive in Kimchi, might be around final week of September (Steelbook & lenticular)

Mod, Please update release date in OP

Thanks

June 19th Update:

Updated artwork and info from Kimchi:
Front/back:
gr.jpg

Inside:
gr2.jpg

Infos:
Coating: Hyper-gloss
Embossed/Debossed: Debossed Title (Le Grand Bleu)
Special treatment: Special request for ocean-blue color

July 1st update:
The steelbook will be offered in TWO versions:

1) 1500 units with a lenticular slipcover;
2) 500 units with a quarter slipcover;

All 2000 copies will be offered with the numbered card.

All copies will be individually numbered: 1-1500 for the lenticular version, 1-500 for the quarter slip version.

First shots of the releases will be presented in the next few days.

Pre-order will go live July 8th 9:00 AM Korea time (Monday July 7th 12:00AM GMT, 8:00PM EST, 5:00PM PST).

Pre-Order Price (for the first 3 days): $41.99 (regular price is $44.99).

Pre-Order Quantity: 250 copies for the quarter slip version, 500 copies for the lenticular slipcover version.
July 3rd update:

Slipcover pictures!

Quarter slipcover front and back:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Lenticular slipcover front and back:
attachment.php

1st pre-order info: (ended)
Special Pre-Order Session:
July 8th 9:00 AM Korea time (Sunday July 7th 12:00AM GMT, 8:00PM EST, 5:00PM PST)
Promotional pre-order price: $41.99

2nd pre-order info: (ended)
Major update from Choi 7/13/2013: [Mod. Edit: PLEASE READ]

Today I officially announced the pre-order date & time for 2nd round
as I said before, Kimchi will fix pre-order date & time based on UK time zone.:scat:

London (United Kingdom - England) Tuesday, 16 July 2013, 13:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
Seoul (South Korea) Tuesday, 16 July 2013, 21:00:00 KST UTC+9 hours
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Tuesday, 16 July 2013, 05:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, 16 July 2013, 08:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
Paris (France) Tuesday, 16 July 2013, 14:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 16 July 2013, 12:00:00

-1x copy per slipcover (2x copies for slipcover was sold out too fast like 7 min, That's why kimchi put more restriction for quarter slip release)
-5x copies per lenticular

here is technical problem solved so far

after you pay via paypal, you will automatically return to main page of kimchidvd and you can go to order page to check if your order is completed.

(previous kimchi, does not provide automatic payment completed by paypal, only kimchi handle one by one to complete order by manually matched with paypal transaction. it's kind of big burden and many problem happened)

and another announcement for shipping

Small packet is removed, K-packet applied for all of item sold in kimchidvd
K-packet is slightly expensive than small packet but there is lots of benefits

- Printed slip with tracking number
- End-to-End tracking with delivery confirmation (No lost shipment)
- Reasonable cost than EMS
- generally takes 5-15 days (EMS: 5-10 days, Small packet 15 -35 days)

but some member are curious why kimchidvd changed shipping method

From T2 kimchi release, Kimchi handled more than 1,000 box to ship out to post office KR, this is a big volume of post office KR to handle only for one store.

so post office does not allow kimchi to accept small packet any more :(
and asked kimchi to change K-packet rather than small packet due to too many package in one or two day.

after changed of k-packet, pack & shipping process is much more faster than small packet and very reliable shipping method in terms of tracking.

even now, some of member did not received T2 kimchi after shipping process done at 26th June because no tracking available for small packet.

1 or 2 steelbook for shipping charge between small packet & k-packet is only difference around 2$

please kindly understand kr post office policy for massive volume of shipment like over 1,000 boxes and more powerful tracking for lost shipment protection.

Thanks

Update #2 7/10/2013 from Choi:

1x limit per order for 1/4
5x limit per order for lenticular

Last first batch was

2x limit per order for 1/4
5x limit per order for lenticular

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 492
Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my replacement disc today. Have to admit, very quick, but only 1 disk. Is that right? I purchased both full and 1/4 slips but only replacement. Did everyone else get 1 for each version?

I just received my replacement disc today. Have to admit, very quick, but only 1 disk. Is that right? I purchased both full and 1/4 slips but only replacement. Did everyone else get 1 for each version?

I just received mine in Brisbane today - I got 2 discs so I'd be contacting Bruce if i was you

I can't see anything on Kimchi regarding replacement. Is there official word on how we go about getting corrected discs?
We have found that The sound of Le Grand Bleu for the Long Version is missing on right side after about 40 minutes.
So we are going to re make the replacement disc via our pressing company and ship it..
Currently the replacement disc is being made by U Tech..
The shippment will be proceed from Jan. 2014..
Conbine shipping is not allowed..
If you have made an order for LGB, let us know via our e mail : [email protected]. with order No. and qty. .
In case of the address changed, let us know too..
We will check it and send it..
We are so sorry for your inconveniece. The shippment of replacement disc will be proceed three times devided as belows End of Jan. End of Feb. End of Mar.

Bump for any members who haven't seen this yet. Just noticed it myself yesterday. Wouldn't have known if not for mnementh's post. :scat:

Bump for any members who haven't seen this yet. Just noticed it myself yesterday. Wouldn't have known if not for mnementh's post. :scat:

Just make sure that they send you the correct amount of replacement discs. I have had to send another email to Bruce about this, but as yet no reply. Hopefully soon.

In the end though, at least they acknowledged the error and have tried to rectify. Great service overall.

Reactions: entreri